1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting L9 Halix Young?!?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chrome, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Seriously?

I've been away a few weeks, and come back to hunt some noob mobs for some muscle oil...
    ..and Halix Young are listed as L9?!?

Shinkiba young do more damage and are level 4

Other than to cripple muscle oil looting on Arkadia...
    Is there any particular reason the level for Halix tripled from 3 to 9? :huh:

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

The level is unduly affected by the aggression and speed of the mob, which has little impact on how difficult the mob actually is. I have asked Mindark to have a good look at the level system for the mobs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

unfortunately the level numbers are fully borked all over the place. See the punys at the quarry ...

Have fun!

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

We like answers but is that what MA has told you? Our(your hehe) carabok puny I can almost jump on without it attacking me is L10 and Calypsos Cornundacouda young is L5 and is way more aggressive, might even be more aggro then Oweko and do 15-20dmg while Carabok does 3.

Hope you asked them to remove the Levels if they cant figure it out themselves as they clearly cant... Based on their "own" planet mobs

PS. first time we heard anything about this from any official trustworthy source tho so +rep for that

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Agree Jenny, thanks for the response Dave. I'm finding myself having to advise others, new and old players, to basically ignore the levels entirely at this point, but understandably that is hard to do now the tag is there, you see it, and if new on the planet and searching around for what you want to hunt it's natural to think ah I can do that level ok. The problem is then when you do you find it is either way lower or higher than what the level suggests, which leads to some frustrations for sure. Hope MA can sort it or just remove the level tags all together.