1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(L) Weapons are back, where's the rest?

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Lizzy, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

So, for a few months there was a very big absence in any item in loot. Since the last VU we have almost an overflow of weapons. That is great, no complaints about that.

But... the other items that Arkadia has to offer, unlimited armor and weapons, has been at an all time low.

I may not have been online at the right times, I have seen a mak'hetta piece or two dropping, but nothing special.
    I have also looked on EL, and for the unlimited armors that you can craft (L) versions of, there may be only 2-3 full sets.

Does any one experience the same during their time on Arkadia, and would you like to see a slightly higher amount of these goods dropping?

I personally would like to see more to increase hunting/mining traffic to Arkadia, but I also think that most of the items I am talking about would only drop from but mobs at high maturity (think Teladon/Kamaldon) So we'd need more higher level hunters on the planet who are seemingly mostly on Calypso, or we need a broader spectrum of creatures that can drop these items.

2. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

It's the period where a lot of people are slowing down there play as Europe is entering in to the summer period, Its nice and the evenings are lighter and so people are spending there RL cash on other things - rather than the dark nights in the winter.

Last Liakon Drop was December 2014 - so dispite planet side mining and amping up still didn't find any and so purchased a set - personally now I want the value of my set to continue as its an investment and so would rather the drop rate not just be turned right up but as with anything its whet people are prepared to pay. I dont belive having maps in sooto is helping with the drop rate potentially of the other items in the sooto loot pool . especially now as maps have such a low market value compared to when they first came out.

There Are a lot of people who arnt cylcing as much at present as well and so this will also be part of the reason of drop rates also items having to be balanced ! also many a many a person has had peds stuck in the aakas gold competition compensation and are now getting these back but my friends list is dropped down to 1/10 th of the people that are active around Merry Mayhem periods. ( as an example of Europe Winter )

We dont know what the A-team have in the planning maybe they need to remove some items to get them replaced or they need MA approval unfortunatly the A-team do not control loot and this is down to Mindark.

I personally would like to see more of the Mutated DNA Parts dropping - who knows the mutated mobs might have these items set to drop from them but because the dna's not dropping to get the mutated mobs on to la's no one knows. Look at event weekends and Arkadia is buzzing with lots of players - by about wednesday it seams to be back to the normal usual population and players have gone else where - you cant stop that we are part of the wider entropia universe after all but with the missions of grind XXX mobs then people will be going back to compleate these missions.

People are willing to invest in to Arkadia & Arkadia Studios but as well people want things that they cant obtain look at appartments none realeased - sexy firebases - not one for sale - or anything people then would want to furnsih them and that would help crafters on Arkadia, also armour and UL weapons .

Drop Ships - I am pretty sure that there must be a drop ship blue print in the mix by now - but again if it hasnt dropped or been found yet then none can get crafted and produced - but then if people also arnt crafting items and are just clickign on explosives then again the correct blue print is unlickly to drop.

I am thankfull pirons and S&B's are dropping and Arkadia still gets a lot of hides / extractors / components etc etc - its not the same on other planets they get way more ammo and shrapnel.

Again a lot of people want to get on with the Smuggler Mission however long and epic this is going to be - unfortunatly its a case of waiting and been patient - it will come but some sort of eta would be nice ! I know were unlickley to get this as then if its posponed then this causes outcrys.

Also people that are doing the IFN daily are using up time doing this and loosing time of larger mobs shal we say ! even with better spawn rates its 30 - 45 mins ish

What we have missed so far this year as well is an A-Team Radio Interview ;) Maybe now the Gold Rush stuff has been resolved they might feel like hitting the airwaves ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The decreased player activity because the winter(events) are over actually makes good sense to me. I haven't thought about that yet.

Now that Aakas is open again, I've seen a lot of people other than myself running them, so you never know if it takes a few dozen of runs in there for items to drop there.

Maybe there needs to be a plan set in place to get people to Arkadia and stay here so that the release of more apartments will be green-lit. The smuggler mission seems like an option, but there is no clear ETA on it. Maybe then things cool down after summer, or after the next winter events (please be released in 3rd quarter).

4. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Summer slowdown is most of it i think, but also for those from non US countries that continue to deposit the strong USD translates to less ped for the same deposit for many currencies.

If European/Australian/Canadian etc... players deposit same amount per month, less actual ped for that same deposit amount will have some effect also on general activity.