1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korwil - Damage type

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Yquem, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

I did a small test on the Korwil to find the right damage types they do

I tested with Infiltrator and armor didnt decay
    I tested with 7a plates and they did decay = Cut dmg
    I tested with 6b plates and no decay = no Elec dmg
    Polaris decay - but i cant tell if they do all the 2 remaning damage types

So as for now
    - Stb ?
    - Cut Yes
    - Imp No
    - Pen No
    - Shr No
    - Brn No
    - Cld ?
    - Acd No
    - Elc No

I assume that Korwil do Cld too but if they do Stb I dont know.

So now I just need to find out how to determin how much % of each 3 damage types they do.

During the test I found that lowest damage was 51,3 and highest was 99,8 on young. So max damage on young is between 102 and 100 so far as of entropedia.

2. Yquem

I did some more testing.

Did a run on the small Korwil - in Polaris with no plates (stb 24 + cut 29 + cld 46 protects 99dmg)

Max damage i got was
    - Young 16,2
    - Mature 23,5
    - Old 31,5
    - Prov 39,8 min damage was still 1

And did a small max test on mature with no armor - max dmg was 109,8 and min dmg was 56,7 so mature does damage between 110-113

This small test shows that Korwill does Cut+ Stb+Cld damage and that it is not 33% on each damage type as max damage on young was 16,2 and young do max 100-102 damage and polaris gives 99 protection.

Dunno if any can compile the % into cut+stb+cld?

3. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Thx for info m8 :)
    They seem to like my Jag atleast ;)
    But i not a tester so i cant help u sry:p

4. Yquem

If any know the way to place the rigth % on the 3 damage types pls step forward and say AYE.

5. Makitoki

Makitoki Member

if perhaps u got a full set of angel or another set of armor with high stab, cut protect but no cold protect, you can try to get max dmg done on those maturity and figure out the max amount of cold damage that is dealt, or if no access to angel use viking with some cold plates, then get max dmg dealt, subtract that from the cut/stab the viking offer and figure out the max stab/cut that is dealt, as for the cut/stab % u would need a set of armor that only offers high protect for one of em (maybe paradox?)

i love to help but have no access to those armors so can only provide a theory :(

6. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

I'm no expert but been told you need to get hit once repeatedly and check the decay after each single hit to determine the %, but looks like a good start there Yquem.
    Anyone got 4D(L) plates I could borrow and I could try and determine the cold %, ofc pay the decay incl mu since it's (L)

7. Yquem

LOL - to do that on Korwil you have to use the VTOL exploit - they just hit too fast to be able to find out ......

8. Jenny ferr

If that ment for me, I'll run out and get hit once and die and keep on doing it :D

In fact I'll try it with my 3A plate and goblin only Cut, no stab or cold on that combo (as soon as I get confirmation thats how you do it and it's doable with that low "protection")

9. Yquem

I just dont get it how you can find out if they do 15% cut in this way? Maybe its my math that dont have the right skills :)

10. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

If you can calculate the amount of prevented damage from the armour decay received and the damage prevented is less than maximum protection from that armour, then you know the damage due to that type - Dam_typex. Plus you know how much you received - Dam_not_prevented.

100*Dam_typex/(dam_typex+dam_not_prevented) = %typex damage.

11. Jenny ferr

Did some testing last night but will try and figure out more next week, learning as I go :D

smaller mobs need this done too, so learning on Korwil to test the smaller ones later

12. Yquem

Great news :)

13. remontoire

remontoire Member

33% / 33% / 33% out of 102 would give you max damage of (34 - 24) + (34 - 29) + 0 = 10 + 5 = 15, so it could be very close to 33% for all 3, the real max would need to be just 105 for 17 max damage through polaris as implied by the 16.2. The all 33% formula also gives you (37 - 24) + (37 - 29) + 0 = 21 max damage for mature. You would "just" need the actual max damage of mature to be 117 to get 35 max damage through Polaris.

So I wouldn't say that 33% / 33% / 33% can be ruled out from your data, its much too close call.

14. remontoire

remontoire Member

You don't need to get hit once - you should not get hit more than once on the same armor piece. Count the hits you did get and compare to number of decayed armor pieces. A low protection armor/plates that always decay a set amount on the mob will let you know how many hits which piece got.

4D(L) is too low protection imho, you will not get anything but 7 points of absorbed damage on it as long as the Korwil do at least 14% of damage in cold (7/50 = 0.14). The max for 5D is 24%, about 44% for Orca(L) and about 50% for 4E(L) plates.

You can determine the damage types, for percentages you need protection on which decay depends on size of hit. If you always get max decay, you can't tell much in most cases.

15. remontoire

remontoire Member

To get the cold percentage without having Viking you would need to wear Perseus(L) or Spartacus(L) + 2B (the weakest non-zero protection you can get out of stab+cut+cold from a plate) and then the decay on armor will tell you the percentage of stab+cut as long as neither is over about 40%.

I'm not really sure how to separate the cut and stab.

16. Jenny ferr

Which is why I said I'm learning as I go and I have a "teacher", and when/if I get any conclusive results I will change entro + give you the figures here

17. remontoire

remontoire Member

I think you are doing very fine so far ;)

18. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

A few more things to note about doing these tests:

Mobs don't do damage in %. We use the % as an approximation. In reality mobs deal absolute whole number maximums in each damage type.

Using armour and plates together when decay testing is not particularly helpful due to the plate absorption anomaly. It's typically better to use unplated armour or plates with armour that offers no protection.

Even if it's not possible to isolate the damage type proportions fully, decay testing can help to narrow them down to certain ranges.

The reason for getting a single hit (usually most easily done by getting one hit that kills you) is because as well as determining the decay you also need to know the amount of damage received. It's not the only way to do it but it's definitely the easiest.

Viking would make isolating the cold a lot easier. Cut and Stab are difficult to separate but it might be possible if you can find someone with Shadow or Supremacy to help out.

If damage type proportions are high enough that they're difficult to test, they're probably also high enough that it doesn't matter.

19. Yquem

Any news in this matter?

20. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

I got some 5d plates you can use jennifer they are Ul plates with cold protection