1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how big?

Discussion in 'Loot Theories' started by Cyborg Bill, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nope. not even close.
    I am saying that I am making more back in TT but only recieving a limited % of it with anything above 90% of tt spent going into someone elses pockets. The only change to that distribution leaves SDS...

So again...Just how big is their cut?

I am not gonna go thru the rest of my EU time being limited to 90% tt regardless of how well I do. If I am lucky enough to get over tt spent back DAMMIT I want it. I must pay the loss if I dont so I am dam sure gonna push for what I earn profit wise if I happen to do so. If SDS is getting that big a chunk I will never get over 90% no matter what I do then its time to change how I actively persue the game. If it is now set up where we no longer have the oppertunity to profit then there is no need to be here and that leaves reason to seek retirbution for being scammed.

2. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate? :)

j/k

Let me get this straight CB. If I understand you (and I'm not at all confident that I do), then you're saying:

A 200 ped Calypso run and a 200 ped Arkadia run each return 178 ped. Both return ~90% of the tt you spent.

Calypso gives less claims, with higher average claim value. Arkadia gives more claims, with lower average claim value. But they average out to the same thing.

Since you get a higher number of claims with Arkadia, but only end up with the same amount of ped at the end, SDS must be taking some of your ped.

Do I understand correctly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyborg Bill

Close Tim

Arkaida I get more claims AND higher rate of claims above II and III size but same tt return at end of run.. Thus more ped leaching off somewhere else

4. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

My mining and hunting returns are about 30% tt, the moment alienware is gone, I'll switch to trading and stop wasting my money, it's not worth it.

5. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

My last attempt and then i am giving up on this thread.
    On both you say that you get the same tt return. So on Arkadia you get 90 peds back out of a 100 and on calypso you get 90 peds back out of a 100. So in both case MA/PP are "leeching" 10%. What do you mean with leaching of more peds? I don't see it?

6. Cyborg Bill

Man I hate tunnel vision.

Ok try this again......
    In rl you work a normal work week and get paid a certain wage. Correct?

On Claypso I worked a normal week and got my normal pay.

On Arkadia I worked my normal week got a better wage..... but only recieved the same pay.

There fore I was taxed a far greater amount not on the same scale as if I was only paying Platform/PP taxes.
    I was taxed platform/PP/SDS tax. The only difference between workin on Calypso and working on Arkadia is I pay extra tax to SDS now..Soo did all that extra ped earned go directly to SDS thus making my take home pay stay even regardless that I earned more over all.

leading back yet AGAIN to "Just how big a cut is SDS getting?"

7. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Ok i give up. GL out there.

8. TimUnleashed

As far as I understand it then CB, here's what you're saying:

TT return is 90% on both planets. Ped is leaching out of the system on Arkadia, but not on Calypso.

In order for ped to leach out on Arkadia, but still end up with 90%, it's necessary to assume that you should be getting MORE than 90% in the first place (so that after the leaching, you've still got your 90% left).

The "leaching" argument is self-fulfilling based on the theory that loot is empirically better on Arkadia.

Which is a loot theory.

*Thread moved to Loot Theories*

CB, for me there's a big leap between "average number of claims is higher on Arkadia" and "tt return on Arkadia should be greater than 90%".

You seem comfortable accepting that Arkadia can have a different number of claims per 200 ped, but uncomfortable accepting that Arkadia can have a different tt value per claim. To me, they're both variations from what you experience on Calypso and by your own numbers, they're balancing each other out.

You're fine with the former, but not with the latter. That's where you lose me.

9. Leona

Leona Member

Trina, there is an revenue split between MindArk and the planet partners. Then again the planet partners share might be split between the planet you was "born" on and the planet you currently stay on.

But nothing you describe indicates that the overall share for planet partners increases if you leave for another planet. All you describe is that mining claim and TT return distribution (on the timeline) is different on Arkadia (for you) with the same TT return.

10. Cyborg Bill

OK Just Fuck it all.. Close or delete the tread...

You will figure it out on yer own when you have lost enough to look closer.

11. Leona

Leona Member

I look "close" every day, especially if i change mob / area or get unusual results. I had four high turnover hunting trips to Arkadia between my regular caly hunts since opening. Returns have been same good on both planets - TT wise.

Of course the lack of nonstackable MU items was noticable in my records, but i expected that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimUnleashed

Thread closed at OP's request :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.