1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Jori improvements / small high aggro mobs

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Xandra, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

always loved the scuba hunting. But it's a bit hard on Arkadia:

• there's no decent spawns of fishies (maybe I just missed it ...)
    • the Jori are this good in camouflage that you'll have a quite hard time to find them
    • and they lack even a minimum of aggressivity, so you really need to step on them to make them angry.
    Proposition for improvement:

• More, and more dense spawns. They are not this hard to kill, so the spawns could be quite dense ;-) At least one for every maturity tier, so young - provider, provider - alpha, alpha - stalker
    • Make them a bit more aggressive, please. They'd be perfect for skilling explosives, but you'll have a hard time now to collect a sufficient herd.
    • If this isn't possible, at least this one thing: Add a bit of color to them, please! Bright blue fins, some colored spots, shining eyes or such - they are often quite impossible to spot, especially when they have dug themselves into the ground as they seem to love to do ...
    Alternatively:

What we lack here is something comparable to Merp, Tantillion or Rippersnappers - low HP, aggressive mobs, coming in huge numbers, suited for herd culling. For sure in separated areas only. And no, Oro don't do the job.

No idea if this is possible. It would cover one of the last problems I have with Arkadia. Anything else is bright and shiny. Besides - oh well, you'll know what comes now:

We neeeeeed Atrax! ;-)))

Have a good time!

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Always great to hear constructive feedback. (And it's ArKadia with a k :) )

So you'll see in the next update that Jori have had a makeover - they are now brighter and easier to see.

Regarding changing them, my preference is for us to add additional sea life that might better suit your hunting needs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

LOL... and lose = not win... loose = not tight. I'm just thankful I don't have to speak 20 other languages.

Glad to hear Jori are less dim. :)

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Did I hear something about the fog in the water being changed, as well?

5. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Aww I liked the real hunt on them, hope they aren't too bright :(

But yay for more sea life, which their information also seem to indicate even tho we haven't found them yet :D

PS. how is using explosives the way you suggest hunting Xandra, more like slaughter (jk)

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Turning graphics to low really helps with their visibility.

7. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Shame on me! I've spanked my spellchecker with my trusty Manticore, hope this will teach it not to make such jokes again ... (Edited the post)

Whow, great! This is a customer service other planets can not even dream of!
    :hail: :hail: :hail:

Suits perfectly :)
    Thanks a lot for the quick & nice reply!

Hehe, as easy as the English language may be there's quite some nasty traps in it for aliens like me - that I hit every time, no matter how hard I try :)

Well, my idea was to add just a few brighter spots ("Bright blue fins, some colored spots, shining eyes or such ..."), maybe it's just my bad old eyes that often made them invisible to me even when I was swimming nearly on top of them. I'd have no problem with 'em being hard to spot, just maybe not this hard?
    Well, we'll see.

Isn't all hunting in EU more or less a slaughtering these days? The last real hunting I remember was in VU 8 or such, when I was even more nOOb as today, and two Atrax at once would mean certain death, and a loooong walk back ...

Grenade fishing - well, I learned it in the snapper event on Calypso, and it was really funny:
    One strong, stupid & thick armored 'bait' (you may puzzle who this had to be ...) would collect a huge swarm of snappers and get her FAP glowing while 3 others would make the area an inferno with their grenade launchers. Fishageddon ;-)

Nothing for the faint of heart, and nothing our children should try at home - but quite impressing, challenging & entertaining, for sure. Not what I'd I like to do every day, but since there's still no Atrax in Arkadia it could provide a bit of fun :)

And thanks, Neil, I'll try with my gfx options next time!

Have a good time, and phat loot!