1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jori Challenge 1000! Unofficial Event-50ped prize

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by happy_hipster, Feb 23, 2013.

1. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

I like Jori Texture, I think my world should be covered in it. While working on the IFN Mission, I think, hey, if I had a few more people collecting these hides, maybe i can get enough. What is enough?

1000ped TT worth is a good start.

So I've been buying a bunch at 130. Lots and lots and lots. Why not turn it up a notch.

So now Im Offering an Event. Most hides sold to me. I will pay at the very least 134% MU on Jori hides, and keep track of seller and amounts. This competition ends when 1000tt hides is reached. Your sales to me is the entry fee. Due to the glut this competition has created on the auction, the highest rate will be 150% regardless of any MU.

This competition does ensure you a steady buyer at a constant rate for a IFN Mission Mob.

These guidelines will be updated as issues arise.

Current standings will be posted here when we reach the halfway point 500tt, and again at 900tt Hides, at which point all will have access to standings, totals, profits and expenses.

Notes on Jori: http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Jori

I cannot win this event.

I am currently the only buyer for this event. DO NOT BE FOOLED. My Entropia name is JACK HIPSTER KIMBLE. Add me as a friend in your player register.

Preferred Site of Purchase will be Celeste Harbor North, but I will check in at Quarry and Outpost

TY, and HAPPY FISHIN'
    -hip
    Prize:
    50 ped or Jori Texured Gungnir,
    winners choice

Second prize:
    One Orange Valkarie will be awarded to each of the Four Second Prize Winners

The sooner we reach 1000ped hides, the sooner someone can claim the prize,
    Promote Arkadia, PROMOTE THIS EVENT

Mindark, The Entropia Universe, Arkadiaforums.com or The Planet Arkadia are not sponsoring or in any way involved in producing this event,
    it is a private venture, offered to the public.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

What an excellent idea! +rep

3. happy_hipster

Thank you, sincerly. I was a little concerned on how this would be taken, so your kudo's are very important. I am amazed and grateful with how the planet I was borned on(yes, I said borned) is growing. As a noob, I could not see what it had to offer. Now I get to discover it over with a little more worldly mindset. I want to stay on Arkadia, I want people to come to Arkadia. I want the people who are here to see what it has to offer. Maybe as these events grow, we can watch that happen.

4. happy_hipster

Excellent news! Jori hides, as expected, are raising in value. This means there will be a bonus 5% to the offered lowest rate! This bonus may be rescinded at any time. Please stay tuned for future updates, and thank you for all the hides provided so far.

My suggestion is to hunt the lower level mobs North of North harbor because you are only credited 1 kill for mob no matter what level. Therefore, you will get fewer kills for more ammo on the larger mobs, decreasing the rate of finishing the IFN Mission. Also, with the poor retun on loot, it is possible to break even or even make a little on the low level ones with the steady sale of hides at the offered MU.

Also, the Jori challenge is targeted at low level hunters with little depo. This challenge provides that they may spend more time hunting and less trying to sell their loot. On that note, I can buy any tt food in the field while I hunt, and do try to carry some ammo to exchange for these items.

-hip

5. stefanbond

stefanbond Member

would u not be helping ppl more if u make event and pay the weekly mu for jori? or the monthly? if u go so much under it.... from 153 to 139 is long way :D

6. happy_hipster

I understand, Stephan, but you do have to understand my investment, the cost of transportation, and the time and work required as well as the prize, which alone adds 5%. When the rate was lower, I offered a lower rate, 134%. Now it has gone up, I HAVE added incentive, another 5%. If the rate continues to rise, so will the bonus to the rate, and so will the prize if it is profitable. The question isn't can I offer to pay more, the question is can this be profitable enough to continue? I am not trying to take advantage, simply to buy at a consistant and reasonable rate that will support this endeavor and more! We all define resonable in our own way, and from our own perspective.

Thank you for your concern.

I will not be back for at least 20 hours from the time of this post.

7. sostoned

sostoned Member

you will easily earn 100 ped with this, payed by noobs

This event is a ripp off, dont enter

btw, smart way to rip people off

monthly markup is over 153%

calculation: you will pay 139%

thats 1390 ped
    they sell easily for 153%

thats 1530 ped

1530-1390 = 140 ped

140-50 ped prize = 90 ped minimum

who pays that?

so great idea but actually a ripp off with these markup you are paying

so: NOOBS DONT ENTER

ITS A RIPP OFF

8. happy_hipster

Well, im glad I woke up at 3am to find out some hero is here to save the noob from this challenge, just after I say I wont be back for 20 hours. Very brave! Obviously, this is someone who has bought alot of hides from me for current daily markup!(NOT)

One warp trip to caly can potentially cost 60ped. That is double Warp, one to call the mothership to Ark at 30ped, one to take it to Caly at 25ped. Then pay the 7ped TP down, pay the auction fees, and wait for someone to buy. So potentially, it could cost over 69ped to bring all of these hides to market at one time. What if it takes four trips? Sure does tie up a noobs 1390ped! and cut into that same noobs potential, not actual, but potential almost 90 ped profit! (wait, didn't you say 100ped easily? Not so easily even 21ped now, wait, isn't the prize over twice that?) I mean, a smart player can potentially pay less then this(there is that potentially again), but a player who does not have $139 American to invest in a whopping potential 9 dollar return, in what, a week? a month? may just pay more! Alot more.

So before you call what I am trying to do a rip off, do better! Why dont you run around buying hides at 154 or whatever daily markup is that minute, and make a wad of cash like you suppose I am, and show me how having an original thought is wrong!

I think you would rather noob hunters who can not afford to store their good nor have enough to put them on auction just tt their goods for lack of buyers, just to spite a fellow player-and drive MV up!

Players, do not be decieved by this greedy rhetoric. It is self centered jealousy, dangeling out potential profits that may or may not exist for seasoned players and those with lotsa bank in order to sabotage a VERY REAL opportunity. I could base my rates on what i could possibly get, or what you could possibly get, but my rates are calculated instead on very real concrete deals that I am assured, so that I can assure my offers. I would not do this on a whim.

If you don't want to participate, DONT. Dont stand on the sidelines with your thumb up your, uhm, in you ear, and tell my I have no right. LIGHT UP OR LEAVE ME ALONE! Look for stoney, he will be buying your hides at 154, or why not 200%. He will be the one buying your hides at 200% because that is fair. If you can not find that magic man buying Jori hides at 200%, why not try and win 50ped?

Good luck with that one Mr. Stoney. Why not do something. Your input, although misguided and selfish, is needed. Help this event to be more fair. CONTRIBUTE, dont tear it down! Deleribate sabotage will not be tolerated! Put your ped where your mouth is. I will sell you hides at somewhere between 153 and 200 percent, and raise all offered rates to 10% below that rate at that time. (5% for the prize, 5% for my time and travel expenses). In return, you can,t sell those hides for more then 3% MU, because that is what I am going to make. It is fair. Probably not to you though, Im sure you would rather me pay for the privalage of sponsering this event.

I am not the enemy, and understand neither or you. Dont just waltz in and publicly try to shut me down. Work with me, look for solutions, tell me what you have to offer, help. I have made adjustments to resolve your concerns, next time be a man and work with me. Send me a private message and tell me what u can personally offer to help. In the end, I bet you can't do a thing. Can't and won't.

Put up or shut up,

-hip

9. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

Hi everyone,

I've been supplying Hip with the hides since yesterday. I know the MU is higher if you pile a bunch then try to sell at auction, but I try to encourage initiative when possible. Yesterday's 2 runs gave him about 42 PEDS in tt value. I was able to come out even in the hunt after selling these and crafting the Arkace Boards I get from hunting the Jori. I also sold him all my tt food (paints, components, ASI-10). All in all I was a happy camper and will continue to do this for the fun of it. I'd love to get the prize even if it will probably end up costing me in the end, but I have to do the Jori mission anyways so might as well have some fun doing this.

Kudos to Hipster for organizing a nice event with NO sponsors besides himself. If it works well, I'm sure he'll do more and we can all benefit from a little visibility, reputation and fun.

Cheers

-Wolf

10. happy_hipster

I have made my first run to Caly to deliver hides and returned. I have spent, including purchase of hides, flight to and from, teleport, re-entry auc fee's and additional prizes, a total of 209.43. I have sold the hides for a total of 190 ped. This gives me a net profit of -19.43. This trip has not just been made because it was necessary to replenish my spending money, but to show the value of the services I am providing. I have recorded all of this information in detail, and will open these books at the 500tt hides mark.

Fortunatly, I hit pretty big on Depth I Enhancers, and am able to afford the loss incurred by the purchase of additional prizes. Without them, I would have broken even. I have heard the murmering, and will raise my buy rate accordingly, trying to stay at the -10 weekly area, and maintain the promised lowest rate at 134%. So currently, the rate will be 142%

-hip

I have a link for all my detractors, if you have some problem with me, this explains everything to me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA

11. sostoned

sostoned Member

dang, youre so angry

i just did the math, and its a rippoff

your cost are not of any importance. Hides can be sold for higher markup as you give

its a pitty that you are getting so personal. I said its a great idea but price is a ripp off

i didnt called you names

and with a bit higher psychology, youre confirming the ripp off by getting so mad.

good luck

12. happy_hipster

Things are well. Thank you for your concern. Calling me a ripoff is personal. Lets move on.

-hip

13. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

What a fantastic event! I hope you are buying all the cheap ones in the auction so others can't resell to you.

14. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

You realise the price of hides went up because of this event? Thus he is not ripping of anyone and it is a false inflated value?

15. happy_hipster

What cheap ones! Seriously, I have been buying up everything that is not nailed down. By nailed down, I mean, why are people so durn greedy? What I'd like to see is stoney up there to start hammering on the people posting things on auction for +40% MU, how is that not a rip off? Is that people taking advantage of the people who are stuck on Arkadia, or just getting what they can? The more we can get on auction for under MU, the more the AU will be a tool to share goods while offline, instead of just a way to make easy money off'n desperate ppl.

To answer you tho, yes, I buy up as much as I can from the auc, apply them towards the 1ktt hides goal and can not win this event myself. Thank you for your support.

-hip

16. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

You apply it towards the goal? Darn I won't be participating then.

17. happy_hipster

wait a min, there. You really mean you want this to go on longer then it could? Or are you being sarcastic? Seiously, if you have a problem with it, then I will not. just help me understand why. Do you know how long this is going to take? Let's see, we are four days in and have not reached the 1/2 point yet. I want to give this prize away as soon as possible, and that is why I feel I am helping by shortening the time till delivery. Please respond.

-hip

18. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I can't see why you'd have a problem with that.... just means there's less opportunity for others to win the event. If you contribute, you have a greater chance of winning if he gets some of the hides off auction.

19. happy_hipster

This competition is not over, so I will leave the issue of whether or not I should apply my hides to the 1000tt number. By my figures, it will take about 47k Jori kills to provide that number of hides. There is plenty of opportunity for anyone who works hard and hunts often to win this event. Whoever does deserves far more then I could offer in prizes, but hopefully the finished missions will do a little to make up for that.

The way I keep my books, it is easy to remove my contribution, so there is much time to decide this issue.

On another note, notice how there is not a single hide sold today on any market? Has demand stopped? No textures either. Nothing. Interesting how the day after i sell all the hides on hand all demand stops, eh?

I have discovered two things in my Jori hunt I should share with newer hunters. I really like shutting the loot window off. If u dont know what Im talking about, press esc, go to options, gui, and turn it off. You can turn it back on if you dont like it in the same way. But it shows what you loot and how much its worth at the top. Another thing is the "select Next Target" icon. Press "Y" to open the library, type in "Select" and choose the select next Target. Then press "L" and drag the icon somewhere on your descktop. When you kill, loot, press this button, then press autotool. It is almost as time saving as autool itself!

Thats all for now, I guess

choot em!
    -hip

20. happy_hipster

Ok, NOW I get it! So my pirate list ticked you off, and now you are trolling this post. Interesting.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...-Pirate-List&p=3078924&viewfull=1#post3078924

Be aware folks, alot of pirates out there hate me for the pirate list, so some trolling is to be expected! Here is a link just for every hater out there on the ole hipster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA