1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Item Loadout When Travelling to a New Planet?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Larkin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. dude

dude Active Member

Interesting thread . But will Arkadia allow us to move everything over from what ever planet we are currently on. If they do then we assume that some the systems will be the same ie ammo fuel (Vtol ) and that this stuff can be looted or mined. I am not presenting arguments just wondering what will stay the same and what will be different.

2. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

yeah ozi wrote in some thread that we will be able to use all our calypso stuff since Arkadia plays in roughly the same time period anyway.

3. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Very simple answer (as Xerox said), is yes you can bring what you want. Same ammo, same fuel, same bombs for mining etc. Arkadia will have lots of new items to discover, but the choice will always be there to use gear from other planets. As we have stated before, we want an open planet that encourages intergalactic trade - I think that's one of the most exciting things about Entropia Universe. We'll only place limits on items from other planets if they break the immersion too much or they have a negative impact on the balancing.

4. dude

dude Active Member

Wow thanx for the quick and insightful response. I can't wait for launch date

5. keith

keith Member

yeah great team here as for the launch you,me and a whole lot of other players :cool:

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Yeah, Arkadia Studios is very professional and supportive of the community.

Hmm, maybe I should buy some bombs and probes before heading over. I don't want to waste any time at the TT! :D

7. Telgard

Telgard Member

LoL, Bomb on landing! HoF for First bomb planted on Arkadia! LoL

8. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I expect nothing less ;)

Jk. It would be neat to find a new resource though. Hmm, I may have to wake up early on the release date.

9. Signed_X

Signed_X New Member

Well I'm pretty broke assed back on Planet calypso side so considering i can carry everything I own in my Inventory I think I will do just that.
    On calypso at least There is nuthing for me but to spend a bunch of money until I am at a higher skill level and equipped with suitably effective (and rather expensive gear) and frankly Calypso isnt enticing me to spend much money at all, I'm hoping that traveling to Arkadia to become a Pioneer will provide me with some incentive to progress. Frankly i would very much enjoy being afforded the Opportunity to progress in the game rather than comming to find that progress and opportunity are based solely on what one can afford. So i'm in the process of scrapping together as much PED as i can ( selling my in game junk and returning my Beer bottles for extra money to depo ;Þ)

What Do you guys think a sufficient amount of PED would be to get started as a new player on a new planet?

10. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well that all depends on what you want to do. Theoretically you can start with 0 peds.
    The main issue is that there might not be enough of a market at the start to sell your looted stuff for markup. Personally i make sure that i have enough peds to play for a month without having to sell anything on the auction.

11. Signed_X

Signed_X New Member

I was told that theoretically I could start out on Calypso with 0 Ped when upon attempting to do so i quickly found I most defiantly could not. I don't assume that the need for vibrant sweat will open a market for it unless of course there is a lack of vehicles and TPs.

It is the nature of this beast (EU) to consume so i dont imagine there will be anything to do that doesn't cost aside from explore which i cant wait to do.

12. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Yes it definately depends on what you want to do, i know a player that sweated for 4 years because he thought it to be fun, (I always thought he was insane).

13. Calin

Calin Member

For a new player it shouldn't take a lot. 500 ped should go a long way. Well, how new of a player?