1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Zeus Server working? I can't log in!

Discussion in 'Space' started by Neil, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I was flying with a passenger about an hour ago and ran into problems in space. We couldn't move forward, we couldn't T in to the station, and the graphics were going weird. We decided to relog and revive on the station with a nice fresh connection. Unfortunately, I can't log back in (no idea if my passenger could). I get the message "A timeout has occurred during the login process. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact planet support for assistance."

Support case sent and everything but who knows when/if they'll ever get to that.

Is anyone on Zeus Server and is it working normally? Is there anything I can do short of waiting several days for Support to wade through the mountain of complaint tickets?

2. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

When I get that message I disable and then re enable my wireless adapter and the Timeout Occured message goes away. Might help you/might not. Worth a try.

-Bemo-

3. Neil

Bemo, I tried disable/enable the wireless adapter and restarted the router and cable for good measure, restarted the computer. Still get the same error. Thanks for the idea tho, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

4. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Sry didn't help. Gl getting it resolved.

-Bemo-

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Neil, I just tried leaving Calypso and couldn't. I've tried about 4 times from different areas. Get the message that the area is currently unavailable. However, Ben was just able to get into space from Arkadia.

I'm having him fly into Zeus Station and see if it works.

6. Neil

If you see a stranded passenger there, pick him up for me :)

We did leave from Calypso, by the way.

7. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Ben just flew through Zeus with little problem.. He said he hit a bit of a lag spike as he flew underneath the station... But he could not enter the Calypso Station -- It told him "You cannot enter deep space." -- So the Caly station server is probably crashed. That's probably what was causing your problem. Assuming, of course, you didn't make it past the CSS server line. If you did, there shouldn't be a problem I'd think.

But anyway, there you go. Will let you know if he sees a passenger (currently on his way back to Zeus station to see if he can land there).

EDIT: He was able to land nobody was there. Not that I expected there would be after 2 hours.. :p

8. Neil

What happened: we crossed into Zeus from Caly server. Then we tried to T in to the station. Countdowns went to zero but we were still sitting in the ship. So we tried to fly directly toward zeus. But we hit an invisible wall, we just kept getting knocked back to the same spot. We tried to fly up to the server above, and went to the right coords, but there was no server-boundary jerk. So... it sounds like we never actually left Caly server and we'll revive there when it comes back online.

Thanks for the help, guys. Must be a solar flare making Calypso space impassable. I just hope I didn't get too much radiation to be revived properly.

9. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Neil, I got reports too of space denial from Calypso.

10. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

There is a thread on Caly forum about people in space having alot of issues as well. Hope it gets sorted for you guys that are stuck.

-Bemo-

11. Neil

Server appears to be working again. I was able to log in this morning and revived at CSS.