1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there some sort of mod out there that makes it always appear to be day time?

Discussion in 'Tools & Utilities' started by AustinBoston_14, Aug 27, 2013.

1. AustinBoston_14

AustinBoston_14 New User

When it turns night it gets really dark and i can't really see that good. I can turn up the contrast but when i do that, i can't tell the difference between soc, local, or team chats because i'm colorblind, they all look white to me. So i'm wondering if there is some sort of mod or enhancement or something that makes it to always appear day time. I don't know if this would be legal with MA's rules, but if not please let me know, thank you for the time.

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

no there is not and if it were it would most likely not be allowed.

with that said , shading and full vs window mode can affect this.
    so try to raise or lower "shading", and check window mode and full screen.

for me lower shading makes it a bit darker, which I like but running high as other things look so much better then

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Like Jen said.. there is an issue that contrast, brightness and gamma corrections only work in full screen now. Its been that way for a while.. about the same time the brightness bug with the tomtenbloss came to be. I run shading at max and have no problems seeing night , day, inside, outside..

Might want to try calibrating your monitor or TV as well. I found a set of those calibration screens for monitors that was adapted to the new LCD TV's and now my set up look awesome on a 47 inch flat screen.