1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to disable click to move?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by bobbyk, May 18, 2013.

1. bobbyk

bobbyk Member

Hello again. Just a simple question. I would like to disable click to move but don't know how.

Reason being, I misclick the dead mob on the ground and end up running off to where I clicked. I know about health bars and how to loot using them but it saves a bit of time not even pulling health bars sometimes and just clicking the dead mob.

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yep there is. Press "O" to bring up your options and you will find it in there under the controls tab.

3. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

Hm, this is actualy even more usefull to disable when mining, when you try to select the claim, but instead click on the ground and your ava start moving.

4. bobbyk

bobbyk Member

I checked all the options 3 times, but I see no option to completely disable click to move. Only option I see is to change it to where you single click instead of double click to move...

So can it be completely disabled? If so, where exactly is it in the options, because I can't find it for the life of me?

5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Really? Bugger...

Well, you could try right clicking the mob instead of double left clicking....Thats the way i generally do that sort of thing and I don't end up wandering all over the map....? Give it a go and see how it works for you.

6. Svarog

Svarog Member

That's on my wish-list too. Innumerable times I ran into a crowd and died while trying to just select a mob and clicking on the ground instead.

The other thing that annoys me is when, while shooting a mob, you move the cursor (without even clicking) over another nearby mobs to check their maturity or to drag off their healthbars in advance, and suddenly your avatar switches to that mob or run to them, agro'ing everything around him. Happens while "auto-use" if you have "move to target when interacting" set on.

7. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

To stop that from happening which was so damn annoying to me too before I was told the "trick", select the mob you are killing by clicking on it then you wont switch mob unless you click-select the other mob.

Also one of the reason I prefer to not use "move to target" as well as several others

8. Svarog

Svarog Member

But in my case the current mob is always selected - I hunt in 3rd person by clicking on healthbar (first shot, then auto-use). Also that's why I can't turn off "move to target" - avatar wouldn't even turn to the mob :)

The problem is in auto-use - it moves the selection.

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Try using some of the new target commands on the keyboard: select next/previous target, select target, deselect target, toggle auto-use tool, loot... you never need to use the mouse (well, almost never) when using "move to target" and hunting in 3rd person.

10. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I use right-click to fire, to loot etc. right clicking on the ground accidentally only brings up a context menu.

11. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Neil: the problem with the "select next target" is that it works like cr*p in the bumpy, lumpy, hilly Arkadia.. If there's just a lil bump in between you and the mob, it will select another mob.. sometimes it then selects a mob a gazillion miles away..