1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible/worthwile to remake an avatar on Arkaida?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by May, Aug 8, 2013.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

It doesn't seem reasonable that you should pay (through wasted time and effort) for MA supports seeming inability to satisfactorily resolve the outstanding problem. But really it's a decision for you. If you have any gear you can TT it and pass it to someone you trust (your mentor perhaps). Then create a new email just for this avatar. Register the new account and get going.How much time have you put into this avatar? Are you willing to lose that time for the sake of hopeful smooth sailing in the future? How attached are you to your avatar name? (I believe that's what set off this unfortunate chain of events) Only you can really answer these questions. Regards, KikkiJikki

2. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Given all the issues you have had It might be the best choice. The system was nether designed to do what you have done (remake an avatar with the same name and e-mail) and we can not predict what other issues you might encounter in the future.

If you need someone to store your items for you till you are in with the new avatar Ill happily store your items on my account for you.

Regards,
    Chris

3. Alk

Alk Member

This is exactly what happened to me about two years ago when I came to try this game. I got stuck in the damn ship, I let it go for a few days and still nothing so I left. Was pretty funny. When I installed it the second time I went right through no problems.

4. May

May Active Member

Sigh, in that case it would have been nice if support had told me that from the beginning. And this whole mess could have been avoided.
    I can't possibly be the first in 10 years who is in this situation?
    If Snape hadn't suggested this as a solution, I would never have asked them, and would have stumbled on with a wonky avatar. (thank you Snape)

But anyway, that's water under the bridge now.
    So what do I do first? Write support to delete this account, wait a week or two until that's done, and then make a new one?
    Or is it ok if I make a new one immediately?

And yes, it would be nice if you could hold my items, as you are probably the only one with an empty inventory, so writing a list to avoid confusion wouldn't be necessary.
    So I would like to take you up on that offer, thank you.

5. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi May.

You can create a new account anytime and don't have to wait a week for the other account to be terminated. You have been struggling with this issue long enough. After you have created a new account just mention to support on the old avatar what the new avatars name is and that they can terminate the old account.

On a seperate note I think you are the 1st one that have gone this far into getting a new account and its the reason you are having all these unforeseen difficulties.
    1: You changed your home planet.
    2: You changed gender (Not 100% sure on this one but can explain the clothing issue).
    3: Your new avatar name is the same as the old avatar.
    4: Your new avatar e-mail is the same as the old avatar.

Anyone in the past might have had max 2 of those changes and not all off them.

Let me know of a time (in game time) to meet you and assist in transferring your items over.

Regards,
    Chris

6. May

May Active Member

I've made a new account, and the request for deletion.

And no, I've never been male at any point in my life (be it rl or virtual). ;)
    However I am surprised that I'm the first to encounter these problems. I thought there would have been more people in the same situation. But apparently I'm the only one stupidly stubborn enough to move planets under these circumstances.

It's not like I never had the results of 'acting on my gut instead of standards' thrown back at me in rl; I just didn't really expect it to happen in a game.

Thanks for the explanation, but my previous 'sighing' was the text equivalent of: me kicking a pebble with my hands deep in my pockets and mumbling.
    Just a little unnecessary 'but, but, but!' puttering. Pay it no importance.

I have no idea when you are online in general, but I do think you're on the other side of the world. So I'm guessing you're going into night time atm.
    I'll log on and park my avatar from about 02:00 EU time, which is hopefully about the start of the workday on your side. See you whenever you have time to pop on in the morning.
    If we missed by lunchtime, I'll come back here to send you a PM with a new time.

Ps. Do I have to make a new account here too, or can I just change avatar name?
    Nara Yuki Xara (not taking any chances: 'and now for something completely different')

7. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

You can change your avatar name in your profile settings "edit profile"

8. May

May Active Member

The end of a saga.

Just a post to (hopefully) close this long saga.
    I've created a new account with a new email address and a new avatar name.
    And at the moment I'm busy getting this new avatar up to date.
    A deletion has been requested for the old one:

The further in the problem-timeline, the more personal the responses become: that's at least a nice side effect. View attachment 8132

My items have been moved over successfully, thanks very much for that Chris.

Although it's frustrating to have to start from zero yet again; it does play a lot more relaxed, knowing that there wont be any weird issues popping up.

And for everybody who was on my friend list: I don't know the full avatar name for everyone, and there are multiple persons with a certain nickname. So if you happen to read this, and I haven't send you a friend request myself yet, please send me one if you want to renew the contact (Nara Yuki Xara).

Thanks to all the persons who have replied in this thread and have kept me from giving up altogether. View attachment 8134
    Hopefully this will at least prevent others from making the same mistake, and keep this an anomaly.

NYX.