1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-game IFN Alerts

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Medeina, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

When the IFN issued its recent Red Alert, I sent inquiries to some friends to see if they were going to partake in Arkadia's defense. A few had no idea the alert was given, and there was <6 hours before the first attacks occured. This got me thinking: What if I hadn't said anything? What about people that don't use the forums at all, or rarely so?

My suggestion is: can the IFN have screens in-game, placed in visible locations of firebases and major urban centers, that display important messages (ie. impending oratan attacks)? Or perhaps make use of the existing advertisment boards?

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well maybe.. if they are working twords a more realistic feel to the game I would think that some kind of warning system would already be in place like the old air raid sirens or something.

Im pretty sure they could use the same chat system MA uses for text to let us know when servers are going down as another option. That way they can randomly do the raids and keep that element of surprise vs everyone having to stay connected to the forums 24/7 to get alerts

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Or the event text... that would be the logical place for it I think. It's already global just have to figure out how to use it apart from the automated event messages.

4. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Global messages are the preferred option. I'm working with MA to sort out a system to have the messages put in game as currently the planet partners do not have access to that system. Hoping to have something sorted within the next week, just not in time for this weekends events.

5. Medeina

Medeina Member

Excellent. That'll be mighty useful. Thanks for the reply, Dave.