1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas to bring in some more players

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Fopsie, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

So true. Guess its finding a balance between new players and stealing mid and high lvl players from other planets. That is part of the reason why I brought up the seasonal mobs in my first post.

Thing is however that an economy must first be fully up and running and the best way to do something like this is to start at the bottem and work your way up. Arkadia already has a fully functional economy (everything has a need) but MA kind of messed things up for them with the implementation of lootable space and making some of the required ores only findable on other planets so the dev team have to go and redo their BPS.

Getting new players in and retaining them will play a big part in the economy of the game. With a lot of new players requireing someone to sell their loot to you will get traders coming in from the other planets looking to claim their part of the market and with the traders you will get more mid & high level crafters / miners and hunters coming in due to having someone who can buy and sell their goods creating even more possabilities for those.

If Arkadia can find an alterante use for sweat or perhaps include sweat in every single BP you will see a large influx of new player retention and as a result of that a secondary influx of more low lvl hunters / miners / crafters and traders, that will in turn help to bring in the mid and high level players from other planets aswell.

So if you ask me something like 70% - 80% of all effort should be going into new players for now untill things start picking up and stabalising then more focus can be given to the rest of player base.

I like the idea of the sweat gun :) and it actualy does not have to be a low damage weapon you can make a few higher versions that require more sweat a shot and also decay a bit more. I was kind of shocked when I heard MA changed the MF system so that only TP chips require sweat. I can understand why MA did it but realy how meny players actualy actively use MF chips that require SME other then healers ?

2. Mayana

Mayana Member

I try to think back when I was a noob and was able to sweat and sell sweat....What made me stay? I didn't deposit at first. I just stayed and sweated and got involved in a society and hunted a bit...I think the best way to get noobs to stay is being able to sell sweat and being in a society...Later comes the need to deposit and train a proffesion. If people can't deposit at all then it's gonna be no meaning for them to stay except for social reasons or maybe as a trader (which I think is hard and boring)...The sweat in welding wires blueprints is a first step in the right direction...Maybe a few more societies need to start so people feel a part of something...The social aspect definitely fills a need for most players to stay in a game...

3. MIND

MIND Member

oooooh thx for explaining :D

4. MIND

MIND Member

also mentoring should be reiplemented

just sayin :D

5. furay

furay New Member

there is nothing to do! some new players ive spoken to finish the tutorials and the lost interns mission, and then go... "now what?"

6. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

I had those by the dozen when I was still a guide at Caly.
    Some people just need to have handed everything to them.
    That's not something we can change to be honest.

Regards,
    Ion

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I think some of that must come from people who are used to playing other kinds of mmos, the kind where literally everything is laid out on a mission route of some kind, and there isn't really much else to do outside that route. Entropia is and always has been a completely different kind of 'game' and I suspect that is hard to get used to at first, the idea of a free roaming 'sandbox' kind of world. In answer to 'there's nothing to do', we can only say there is a whole planet to explore, people to meet, mobs to hunt, mining, crafting, skill any number of other professions etc. What there is to do outside of missions is limited only by your own imagination really. This is not a game you progress in quickly, 'level up' and finish, since there is no 'end game'. It is a virtual world that you can play in and progress in for years.

8. furay

furay New Member

entropia is not as different as you might think; the core mechanic of every mmog is pretty simplistic: you kill stuff for the loot, and slowly get better at it. most other mmogs add some form of incentive, so as to appeal to those who don't simply suffer from a gambling addiction. so my point was: if i'm not interested in hunting, mining or crafting my way around a virtual roulette table, there is nothing i can do in entropia that i cant do in any other mmog

9. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

IMHO we need the new & more BPs as fast as possible, maybe even vehicle parts BP's looting "Secret Arkadia Vehicle 001 (L) BP (L)" that will be revealed once we have Arkadia vehicles?
    We need crafting to be a useful job. This is crucial to build up an economy. An Arkadia version of "Basic filters", maybe even with oil and lyst like the original one - we have this on planet! More cheap BPs using Arkadian resources only, to loot the more advanced ones more easily?

The big crafters might already have. But judging from auction, there's not many of them. Judging from street traders, there's none at all.

Miners/ hunters need to be able to sell their stuff. And they need to replenish their gear. So crafters are needed, many. And these need BP's, and available components.

This is the first basic task.

Then, think of this thread. Enormous potential in it.

Only then even think of to start Ads and media campaigns. Only after the basics have been created to welcome and hold all of them newcomers. Not before, you'd just waste potential customers - and I'm very sure the A-team is well aware of this :)

And then - don't start the traditional Ad campaigns where only the agencies are earning money, do a real scope! For instance, quietly get all of the Arkadian star fleet together to blow up ND's mothership in a surprise attack, and siege RT for an hour. ND has bigmouthed enough to have such action been seen as a scope & been welcomed by many players.
    Or have Deathifier, or another land owner, get the most expensive monster of all times on a LA - Multi-Bazillions HP, insane regeneration, costs of at least 100 PED to even have a serious try at a young? With an adapted "Loot variance" like above, so either nothing, or nothing, or nothing, or, sometimes, a guaranteed ATH?
    Or something similar spectacular that would shake the gaming world?

Maybe just even the message that "Arkadia considerately lowers the cost of gaming for low and middle class participants in the Entropia Universe"?

From what I see at the moment, the A-team does a great job. We don't know what they have in store, but I'm quite confident. I'm very sure that they exactly know what they are doing. Let's give 'em some more time, the cannot conjure VU's, they are as dependent on slow MA as we all.

Should the Arkadian PP ever need any backup fighting MA, I'm on their side. And you?

Have a good time!

10. Sir Valentin

Sir Valentin Member

A lot of noob missions who gives attribute. :)

11. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Thats an idea atleast we would get a lot attention :)

12. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

:D Loving that idea.

Can we have a "death star" like in star wars before our "visit" to RT ....? :D :D

13. isclay

isclay Active Member

I want to volunteer for the ND attack. :cool:

14. isclay

isclay Active Member

On the ideas to bring new players in. I was just spittballing some ideas in my tiny brain...but how about this:

What if Arkadia offered a very small stipend of peds for a limited time for new players only? Say like 10p per week for the first 4 weeks? I think this might 1) attract new players and 2) get them started off on the right foot with a little pocket change to keep them interested.

IDK maybe this has been tossed out there before and maybe I'm outta line for suggesting. I just see too many new ones come in, run out of peds, get bored/frustrated and leave.

This might also up set the balance that everyone keeps talking about too...so who knows. I'm grasping at straws here I suppose.

Cheers all!

~Isc~

15. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

This will be very hard to stop abusive players from creating multiple accounts.

16. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Exactly. Also I recall David saying that they aren't promoting Arkadia as a free to play game. They want people to deposit :)

17. Evil Aeon

Evil Aeon Member

>This will be very hard to stop abusive players from creating multiple accounts.

Just give for every new player 50ped of "training" ammo .Training ammo -> zero TT , not tradebl, no skills,killed mobs dont give you loot. Just pure Arkadia pew pew gameplay.

>Also I recall David saying that they aren't promoting Arkadia as a free to play game. They want people to deposit

Good luck with that :)

P.S. People ready to pay 15$ month , people not ready for RCE.
    P.P.S. I dont like RCE ,I like concept of EU

18. isclay

isclay Active Member

Yes I certainly agree there is a big risk of ppl creating multiple accounts just to get tiny amounts of peds. Honestly I didn't think of that. I am too trusting I guess. :eek:

I do like the idea of rookie ammo with zero TT value...that could also be probes, finders etc.

19. JoseM

JoseM Member

I think one of the biggest mistakes of MindArk was promote Entropia Universe as "free to play," even in times where the sweat was sold for 7 or more peds. More honest would be promote as a mmorp in which each player decides how much to "invest" in their avatar (no fixed fees), recommending starting avatars a minimum budget of 150 peds per month.

In regard to our "home", I think that Planet Arkadia should introduce a greater variety of mobs between levels 10 and 20. These mobs allow the hunt by rookies opalos-teams and when the avatars improve their skills they can hunt the same mobs with a little improve in the equipment.

20. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

As Fopsie say's, this only attracts the scamers etc.

When I was a guide at the gateway, we caught several scammers who made double ava's to fork in a few ped from the items they where given there.
    So imagine what they would do for 10 ped.

And about the ND attack, feel free to open a discussion in the ASF group =)
    If we get our fighter group up and running well, we have a good chance ;)

Regards,
    Ion