1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDEA: Solving the IFN Mission Chain and Increasing UG Revenue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by littleswampymonster, Apr 11, 2015.

Should Oratan Single Maturity Spawns be implemented in the underground?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. I do not really care

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Leave it the way it is

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

As we all know, the ifn mission chain is a pain in the butt. You can spend 1hr to 3 hrs doing the daily because the spawns have all sorts of maturities in them.

I have a suggestion on how to fix this: I have posted it twice now, but not independantly in its own thread. My Goal is to have the developers read this idea and backed by community votes - show them that they should implement this.

Idea: Make maturity specific spawns in the Underground.
    - still keep the planetside spawns
    - add single maturity spawns in the underground

players now have a choice
    1. Hunt taxed spawns so they can do it fast and save time
    2. Hunt Planetside slowly, and save the tax

I believe this would stimulate the Underground Deed Revenue and would also look favorable for the hunters who want to participate in this mission but are slammed for time (like me!)

Please Vote and Leave Your Feedback

I will also like anyone who posts here! Small incentive but its all I can give :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

It would be nice but unlikely to be implemented, they have shown by now that they do not care about the spawn cap issues, and I highly suspect that they want players to kill the other maturities without credits. I would love to be proven wrong by a dev statement, but as every attempt to question them on single maturity spawns has gone unanswered...

• Like Like x 1
  3. littleswampymonster

I have hope in the devs! They seem so pro-active. I know our prayers will be answered :)

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I think the single maturity spawns should be implemented on the planet, or the missions should be altered so that higher level kills count too. I don't think people should have to pay tax just to kill some low level mobs, the game can be expensive enough as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael

Michael Member

1. This I would do in a heart beat. I think it would be cheaper as well, for me at least. It would help Underground Deed Revenue as well.

2. This is the part that sucks for me. They are listed as daily missions ? If I do it in one day (Mission III - Oratan Prospector Bandits ) I have to kill more mobs of a higher lvl than the one I am hunting to complete ! It cost's a lot more and is not sustainable for a new player like me ( without repeat depositing ) and it takes hrs. I have killed Menace and Rouges and they carried no loot ! what is the point ? Waste of ammo. It should be a mission you need to complete 14 times ! I know that is the way it works but it is not the way it is presented .

Bandit to Looter North of Implacable Firebase (28100, 22100) Thugs to Menace ( Villain ) spawn !!
    This one really get's me. Most MOBS on vertical cliff.
    Mobs twice my level carry no loot :

I think I will go kill puny's for a month till I can come 1 shot this bs

I think I am just to new to the game to be in these missions ?

But it is presented as a natural progression ?

:2pec:

• Like Like x 1
    • Welcome! Welcome! x 1
  6. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

They already shown that they "don't want" to be cheap, they'd made sure to have no workaround (turrets, lakes) to refresh maturities by killing one type only. Instead they rather you waste time and ped on process

• Like Like x 1
  7. littleswampymonster

valid points, but do not loose hope yet. I think as a community we can ask for an acceptable change and they will listen to us. Maybe my idea is not the idea, but we will have a solution soon!

I think your outlook is a bit grimm, arkadia has done a lot for us, and I am sure there is plenty more to come. Maybe there is more behind the scenes we just do not see.

I have hope :)

8. Michael

Michael Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I have voted Yes, spawn them in the UG.

After calculating and thinking carefully about it, AUD's are currently not really worth it. I can do 1-2 trades a day and make over 2 peds (not much) but that is already the same amount 200 deeds would give me, if they would actually pay out. So 50-250 ped to trade with can make as much or more as 10k ped in deeds.

Having more creatures spawn or more activities happening in the UG will increase the payout of the AUD's and give people more incentive to get their hands on them

On the other hand, since this writing is more about AUD's than the missions, if there would be a planetside and UG spawn of the mobs, most people will still want to go for the planetside one I believe, because they won't have to pay tax.

Also, for a year I am also a firm believer that the Smuggler Armor mission will mostly take place in the UG.

As the spawn currently is, there are not many people going passed a certain point, which might be a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

I'm for anything that increases AUD payout. Good luck Swampy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Michael

Michael Member

I am new and not sure what the tax rate is ? I thought it was maxed at 10% I would gladly pay that to hunt at least 30% of what I was hunting !

Right now it is just to the point I will just kill Caraboks :( I have to kill so many mob's of different Lvl's to get thru a mission it is just ridiculous.
    Thugs I had no problem with . Bandits I can kill I just can't find them. I have to kill em All and very few are Bandit's :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Underground has a standard tax rate of 5%. I agree with you on the bandits. In most places, they share a spawn with another maturity, so unless you all a whole bunch of other maturities, none will spawn at all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Haha. look my signature, it also apply to bandits :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I would also want to point out that nothing in this game is easy, so I don't think the A-team intended this whole mission chain to be easy. All I can suggest is for every one to try and do it.

All players also have to option to find some one to do the mixed spawns with when they are both at a different stage of the mission chains.

I also want to let the readers know that the A-team has improved the mob spawns with the last update. My vote is still on yes, and that is mainly because the AUD's need a boost.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Perhaps you should read up on the term "artificial difficulty".

Good luck with that, as you proceed through the stages they get longer and longer, demand for lower mobs gets very slim and demand for higher mobs gets very high. This is another reason the spawn cap issue is so bad. No thought went into how this would work in a massively multiplayer environment.

They actually made them worse, with players spread out more and targeting the bases that have the highest chance of their particular mob the spawn cap issue is made even worse.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Michael

Michael Member

You are right :happy: I will never be the first to own a cargo container in the desert. I just need to scale back a bit :biggrin: and kill puny's for a couple month's. It is just that it say's daily mission. I was sucked in to the part I thought this is what I needed to do next on my ARK path. I see now there are a lot of other things I need to do to build my skill's. When I start the bandits again hopefully I can 1 shot everything in site eco or not it will bring me pleasure :biggrin2:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I was not aware of those details as I have just picked up my passport today.

• Like Like x 1
  18. littleswampymonster

big hearty thank you for all the feedback on this thread - please keep it coming

19. wournos

wournos Active Member

I didn't vote because my opinion is not represented. I do care but I disagree with the essence of "dumbing down" this mission chain. I'm aware that most, if not all, experienced players (in terms of skills) want single maturity mobs to make the whole thing go faster, but I don't think the mission should change because someone don't have the time to do these missions every day. Besides, these are not daily in that the mission has to be completed within 24h before it expires. The mission remains even if you pause for a whole month!

In my experience as a gamer, once a game goes down the dumbing down spiral it loses it's original feel and becomes completely pointless to play. *thinks back on RuneScape 2010-2012 = developer capitalism*

...acctually, I can vote 'no', even though I kinda agree with improving UG.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. littleswampymonster

Bump for more votes! please share your thoughts!