1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met up with David | Arkadia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by the-unknown, Sep 8, 2013.

1. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I met up with David and Chris yesterday for a few hours. Chris was around for about an hour before he had to leave, but I was hanging out with David and shooting the breeze with him for a few hours.

They have just finished a busy session and shipped off the next Content Update to MA for testing / approval, but even so, as I understand it, David is in the office right now (Sunday afternoon for us now), as I post this.

It is a rare CEO who takes his time out to meet with a random average player to find out his views on the game and the issues he faced online. We discussed Arkadia, EU and lots of other stuff which had nothing to do with the game itself.

Unfortunately he did not tell me when the Arkadia Mod Merc or Mod Fap will drop and from which mobs (there is always hope that I will learn that next time ;) )

My impression of them is that they are pretty cool people, with a passion for EU and Arkadia in particular. It is pretty impressive what they have accomplished with such a small team working together.

Anyway, David agreed to meet up with other players who will be in Singapore around mid October. If any of you are interested, feel free to let me know and we can arrange the details later.

With management which is so involved in the player base, it is making me even more keen to spend alot more time (and money!) in Planet Arkadia. :D

2. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Yes, they are two very cool people who do like to come online and chat with other people about game and the world in general. Why I called Arkadia my home a long time ago. Really the first day after meeting up with David online.

Edit: BTW, David, my fingers are crossed that this will be the update!! :)

3. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

I've never met either in person and only Chris in the quarry but have always found Chris not only as informative as he can be, but actually giving a crap what the average person has to say.

Now, before anyone says "That is kinda his job Sim" I am not talking the "standard pleasant voice of the company" gives a crap because he has to put on a good face for the crowd.

I am talking "I am taking notes and will see what we can do, keep the good stuff coming folks." kind of gives a crap...the kind of gives a crap that makes a REAL difference, not just lip service to calm the mob like many do.

This is one reason I call Arkadia home in EU and have invested heavily into the game. Chris along with others have shown me that despite the length of life EU has had, all the issues and problem, all the gripes and complaints....this ride ain't over yet and there are still ppl willing to fight to make the game not only live...but thrive.

My concern is that MA will cut their Achilles tendon and turn an Olympic running into a gimp....

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

This has been the case since day one with Jan Jr in the MA office to know what Arkadia is doing and be able to counter every move ahead of time and have his new gimmick in place when the PP VU's come.