1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I blew up my motor yesterday.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cyborg Bill, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

LOL a friend of mine owned a chevette.. after 950k miles put on it he finally retired to the scrap heap.. only to find it out and about a week later by the owner of the scrap heap. He waited till he stoped. Walked up to the guy and asked why is he driving this car? He replied, this car has atleast another million miles left on it.. it would be a waste to toss it out!! :D lol

Woot would love to get my hands on one of these!! :hail: RC not the chevette!! :p

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

haha Thats a ton of miles for a Chevette...they only lasted 45k miles.. 60k at best back in the day they were new. My frind killed 3 of those just driving back and forth to highschool.

Of course we also were the nutbags who put an olds 455 into a ford mavrick after adding 4 inches to the frame to fit it in. I had a steel bar to hang on to. a hand throttle and 2 break peddals to steer with since the front wheels never touched the ground once it started to move.

Im hopeing the big weight change doesnt kill the fun factor of this car...but as always.. there ARE bigger motors to be had.

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well did the first crash test with the new setup. The worries over weight ..definately not an issue. the larger diameter tires more then made up for that. I cant keep the front wheels on the gound at full throttle now and its 4 wheel drive. Its not supposed to produce that much torque. Speed wise its ewasily 10mph faster before I have to back off the trottle as the front lifts off the ground.

The wheels spin so fast its like watching dragster tires swell comming off the line. I am thinking next mod will be better clutch system and a different clutch gear ratio to transfer that top end torque better, and most certainly tweeks to the suspension to reduce that lifting.

I ran into one of them "Priceless" commercial moments only in reverse.
    3.5 hp 19000 rpm race motor..300 dollars.
    New radio system for more precise control 45 dollars.
    Better suspension to help handling capabilities 69 dollars

Buying an electric start labeled product of China...Aggrivating.. nearly every use melts yet another weak link in its engineering frailities halting all fun for yet another day.

I dont get that in this hobby.. they can design stuff to run and function at 300 scale MPH and survive a 2 story drop at full speed but cant come up with a reliable way to start the dam things.