1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting help

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Falandor, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Falandor

Falandor New Member

I've hunted about 250-500 carabok I'm not gaining any ped at the best I'm breaking even I'm still new so I don't know if this is how all hunting is but I feel like I'm walking into a wall repeatedly expecting there to be a door to profit. am I hunting the wrong creature? I have the ark blp rifle no armor since I've been hunting carabok. I don't have a ton of money to sink into this game at the moment but I can afford some stuff what are your suggestions? don't hunt carabok at all or keep on trucking?

2. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Essentially you will never be able to profit directly from the game, it is the way the game mechanics are setup ... otherwise the game would never have made it into its 10th year :D

The exact figure is debatable but you should get about 90-95% tt returned in loot over the long term. You need to make up and exceed the remaining % from mu you sell to other people.

Stack your loot and sell it to other players once you have gathered large enough stacks.

Take a look at my hunting log and you will see what I mean, GL out there and feel free to look me up on the ingame registry if you have any questions : Mordrell Baas WHAT

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4642-Mordrell-s-Hunting

3. Falandor

Falandor New Member

thank you I've made the mistake of selling all I've made to the tt I wont be doing that anymore and should I be killing caraboc or should I move to a different creature?

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Yes do try to avoid TTing loot where possible. You will find that some loot has such low turnover that the only sensible thing to do is to TT it but that should be your last choice.

Carabok are designed with new players in mind. You should be able to sell carabok hides for good MU and that will help with recouping your costs.

You can also consider swunting - sweat the mob until its dry and then kill and loot it. The sweat is not worth much but u do gain defensive skills such as evade that will come in handy later on. Swunting is often done in groups. A common target is Nusul at Celeste outpost. To tough for a new player to handle solo but about right for a team.

5. Falandor

Falandor New Member

I swunt every time I hunt I can't deposit much into the game atm and should I sell my carabok hide through chat so I can avoid the auction tax or should I sell it at the auction I have some of it 34 to be exact

6. Mordrell

When using the ingame auction system it is advisable to sell in stacks of at least 100ped value to make the auction fees viable.

The most important tools a hunter has at his disposal is the hunting float, skills and gear.

7. Falandor

Falandor New Member

I apologize for all of my questions but this is so different than any game I've ever played I have one more question though what is a hunting float again I apologize if I'm being a nuisance

8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Questions are good. In game look for Arkadia advisors. These are volunteers who are available to answer basic questions about the game and Arkadia and can be identified by the vests they wear. Also consider getting yourself a mentor. Not only do you get someone to provide you with useful advice but at completion of the program you automatically get a reward of some really useful armour. There is a section in the forum for mentors to advertise their services.

9. Falandor

Falandor New Member

okay I'll go find myself a mentor I've been meaning to I'll go do it now

10. Mordrell

:) hunting float is the peds needed to perform multiple hunts before selling, this allows you to create bigger stacks of items to sell.

If you are doing 100 ped cost hunting runs a good sized float would be 1000 ped, this will allow you to do 10 runs before you need to start selling loot and maximise the amount of markup you can get. I realise it is not easy for everyone to deposit $100 at a time but build up your float size as you progress ... more is better :D

11. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

It might be worth mentioning the overkill issue. TT weapons don't do a huge amount of damage, but with something as small as carabok it is quite possible to do considerably more damage with your last shot than is needed to kill the mob.

The trainer weapons might be suitable, if available; otherwise, you might be able to persuade someone coming from Caly to bring you an M2100 laser pistol from Caly TT. It does very little damage, but that's what you want in this case. (Unfortunately, I can't remember whether you can buy trainer weapons from the TT.)

Not overkilling might just swing the balance.