Hyellow, One very common advice I heard being said to all newbies is to hunt/swunt caraboks. And yeah, I got the very same advice, accepted it without questioning and followed it religiously ever since my first day (everyone who knows me, knows that I can always be found at an academy or another swunting them, caraboks). Yet, despite my efforts to be as eco as possible, my returns (not counting the sweat) were always much lower than the magical, expected average 90%, and when almost all other peoples I talked with complained of similar way lower returns than expected, I actually start questioning that advice I got in my very first day and which I heard countless times ever since. And, eventually, came to the conclusion from the title - hunting caraboks is not eco / profitable at all. And I'll continue by showing the numbers and explaining why. Let's start with some pure theory... how much would it cost with an eco setup (in my case either S.I. HK110 or S.I. Psy-Blade - both maxed) to kill one carabok. At a first look, one might mistakenly say that 10 hp divided by 2.866 dpp (according to Entropedia), so about 3.489 pecs per carabok. But that number doesn't take in consideration a very important factor at low HP mobs - overkill. So let's see what's the real cost, and best way to do it would be to use probabilistic math. Excluding misses and crits, we can kill a carabok in three, four of five shots (two shots have a maximum damage of 2*4=8 hp, so not enough, while five shots have a minimum damage of 5*2=10 hp, so enough to kill, no way to shoot a sixth time). Both weapons have damage between 2 and 4, which means that on each shoot we'll have a guaranteed 1.9 damage plus anything between 0.1 and 2.1 (so rolling a dice with 21 faces). The chance to kill it in three kills is 19.12% (formula is 3d21 + 3*19 equaling at least 100). The chance to need five shots (four shots not being enough) is 4.55% (formula is (4d21 + 4*19 equaling at most 99). The remaining chances 100-19.12-4.55=76.33% is that it will require four shoots to be killed. Now putting them in a formula it means we'll need on average 0.1912 * 3 + 0.0455 * 5 + 0.7733 * 4 = 3.8943 hits to kill a carabok. Divide that with 0.97 pec (cost per shoot) and we come to 3.7774 pecs. Multiply now with 1.(1) to account for misses (since even with a maxed weapon we only have 90% hit chances) and we come to 4.1970 pecs. Or if you want all formula on a line: (0.1912 * 3 + 0.0455 * 5 + 0.7733 * 4) * 0.97 * 1.(1) = 4.197 pecs Which is, as we can observe, (4.197 * 100 / 3.489) - 100 = 20.29% higher than the expected 3.489 pecs. Now let's make the reverse math and see what's our effective dpp - 10 (hp of carabok) divided by 4.197 (effective cost to kill a carabok) = 2.382 dpp - quite terrible, isn't it? Note: I know, I didn't considered the crits (found it rather hard to incorporate them in the formula), but they are only 2% and should not make a huge difference. Let's compare theory with practice... I killed 4,100 caraboks with this setup (quite a big enough sample for a low variation formula), having total costs of 170.06 PEDs (17,006 PECs), so like 4.1478 pecs to kill a carabok. Even more, the daily variations in costs were never higher than +/- 3.2%, which tells us once again that we deal with a low variation scenario. As expected, a bit better than the math results (where I neglected the crits), but still very close of what the theory said - (4.1478 * 100 / 3.489) - 100 = 18.82% higher than the "expected" cost. and a terrible dpp of 10 / 4.1478 = 2.410 dpp. Conclusions Although I tried to minimize the over kill as much as possible (that's the reason of using S.I. HK110 or S.I. Psy-Blade, because of the lower damage), it still has a huge impact, lowering our DPP and general econess to a very low level, making it unworthy (money wise at least to hunt or swunt caraboks). Same theory applies to any other low hp mobs, but the higher the HP, the lower the effect. So, for example, I consider that swunting gallards is a much better advice than swunting caraboks. Swunting caraboks can still have its benefits - skill wise especially, and if counting the sweat into equation one can still make a small profit. But, overall, moneywise, hunting them caraboks is a bad practice and there are much better options out there.