1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Hunting Bokol's using "Next Target" and "Auto-Use" keys a bit buggy.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aziphirael, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Aziphirael

Aziphirael New User

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I've been hunting Bokol's and they are rather hard to hunt using the "Auto-Use Tool" action and "Select Next Target".

Essentially sometimes when I select a new Bokol, the Auto-User Tool action can't get a lock onto it once it is in range of the weapon. Instead my avatar would keep walking forward trying to shoot. Eventually I'll be right next to the Bokol before it starts shooting.

Notice it seems to happen a lot when I'm trying to hit the Bokol side-on. If the Bokol is head-first than I don't have a problem. So wondering if theres some kind of bounding box issue.

2. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

When that happens try to jump

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The problem lies with the bokol hitbox. No matter where you stand, your avatar will try to aim to it's tail.

For me what works best is to play in first person view.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

mobs you might find difficulty with these are: Gallard, Bokol, Jori, Ostelok, and others with long shapped bodies. I call this a chicken bug, because I first noticed it on osteloks, some times mob must be facing you or backwards to you if you're killing in third person. I think this should be improved because I really hate First Person view, you miss a lot on your surroundigs while hunting in this mode, like stones and fruits that might spawn on both your sides. If you're in third person is easy to spot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Interesting. I always thought it was the terrain they are located on that made it difficult to target them. Good information.