1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humble Pie – Gold Rush - Hunting Division 2014 – Official Statement

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by David | Arkadia, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I agree, it should be for everyone, regardless of the previous event.

2. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

Thanks for the great response. I can speak for myself - but I feel the community really values this communication and level of honesty. I think keeping the winners as they are and moving forward is the best thing to do. Anytime players are compensated for an error it only serves to gain the players trust in the long run IMO. So thanks for the thoughtful reply.
    Side note - I did hear a lot of complaints about the no time limits. I strongly suggest you consider adding such a limit on the next event. I didn't even consider competing because I could go no where near the time some people can commit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

"I felt a great disturbance in the Aakas, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I know something good has happened."

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Sunsout Gunsout

Sunsout Gunsout Member

I agree, great job, Ark and MA!

And I just want to add to what Davin wrote at the end...this REALLY is important.

So many people didn't compete because of this...hell, even I gave up after the first weeek or so when I saw what the UL time limit was allowing.

It is better to have 200 people competing for 50 hours each, than to have 10 competing for 500 hours each.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Completely agree!!

6. Tryx

Tryx Member

+making sure servers can handle it :)

7. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

It's kinda funny at the mindark part. Because even Mindark don't know when the big payout loot would be drop, so they have to wait until the event end, then to investigate the loot payout during the event to find out if the big payout loot dropped to anyone. the balance manager should come up with a way to solve this kind of thing faster and easier

8. Kosh

Kosh Member

Well done, Dave and Ark team, for the professional handling of this issue. This strengthens my belief that you guys are the best thing that happened to this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wournos

wournos Active Member

I am happy for everyone that competed that they will get their refund. I'm too newbie to participate and it brings hope to me that, if something like this happens again in the future, there will (most likely) be some compensation.

This is why Arkadia is so much better than Calypso - The A-Team! :biggrin:

10. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Does this mean that the intention of the March update is that the tt retuns in the instances will be closer (or even the same as) in regular hunting? Or will there continue to be a difference, but is the difference lowered?

11. Karmic Natures

Karmic Natures Member

Well, it seems the community has decided and since David isn't quit humble enough to apologize directly to them I'd at least like to thank Neil, Oleg, Jod and everyone else that reported the problem and stuck to their guns even when slapped down by the Ark team. Sometimes even when you're right you lose.

Edit to say I'll keep it in personal conversations from now on, I'm sure my opinion is noted no reason to keep going.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  12. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

So that's a bullshit attitude, in the face of an unexpectedly good resolution. Lets recap.
    Dave puts out a public mea culpa.
    Everyone gets refunded TT cost of keys used over the past couple of months
    Prizes handed out
    New competition announced for next VU so people have a chance to compete in something that isn't fucked up.

Not everyone will agree that this is the perfect resolution (I'm not sure there is one) but it shows tremendous good will by Dave and MA to minimise the pain from the event.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

David and your Ark.Team, your apologies are accepted. It's not easy to say "I was wrong", double so for a company, triple that when made public, quadruple that again when made on a forum that remains to be viewed for all times.
    I for one started to doubt last week in the back of my head. Now that faith is restored, I know that I (we) can always count on the A-Team to do justice.
    Looking forward to the march-update and what the new event might entail. You guys handled this situation very well!

• Like Like x 3
  14. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Thank You Dave and the A-Team for an Official Response - This has gone a long way to restore faith, It must also be Difficult when you are awaiting Confirmation / Investigation from the Platform Managers and so can understand why the response has taken time to come out.

It's Also great to have a further event for the planet to get involved in and to make a public statment shows why we support Planet Arkadia and yourself's.

Congratulations to the winners as it was dedication and frustration that got you through - Looking forward to the next event / events that come up as well and cant wait for the next Version Update - This version through no fault of Arkadia Studios seams to have issues with loot there is a deffinate lack of piron pbr 32's 37's 42's dropping.

Keep on leading the way A-Team ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. slither

slither Active Member

Please can we have a time limit on the next event. Having to play for 16-24 hours a day in order to win is insane.

16. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

I agree, the winners should be the most efficient/skilled/smart person, not the one having the most available time (aka being a no-lifer, at least for the contest period).

17. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'd also like to publicly say thanks to David and the A-team for this resolution of what was a very difficult situation.

Suggestions for the next event: I agree with those who are asking for a time limit. Perhaps a max of 2-4 hours for each day of the event.

18. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Each key should have different time limit or limit of runs, but it might be a better solution knowing how the first place winner got to first place.

I also agree, it is great that the A-team came with this solution!

19. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

So far so good.

Now, what about those empty chests when doing Sal'diresh's vaults in a team? Is that issue being investigated?

(I'm still afraid the issue might be bigger than that but then I don't pretend to know everything)

20. Triton

Triton Member

Why no refund on Sal´diresh keys? Are you saying the loot from the keys went into the loot here? I only did vault keys... :/