1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Run Entropia on Asus 1215b and other laptops that use Amd Vision processor

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Manny, May 29, 2012.

1. Manny

Manny Member

Today's update was a mess as my main PC is still on XP and I couldn't go out and play Indiana Jones as I planned.

At least something good came out of it - I started messing with the settings on my Asus to see if I could at least download the files from there and copy them over, but then the unthinkable happened. I actually managed to make EU run on the Asus :)

Thanks to everyone that posted on the various compatibility and AMD FX threads since those were the needed pieces to complete the puzzle.

If you have previously messed with compatibility settings and admin rights revert everything to normal before continuing.

Step 1: What we want to do is set the processor affinity so that only one core is running EU:

Right click on the EU shortcut, chose properties and change the target line to: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 2 ClientLoader.exe. No quotes are needed, and leave the "open in" unchanged. In my installation it points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32"

Step 2:

Right click Entropia.exe, go to properties/compatibility and chose Vista SP2 in the drop down box, while also ticking the "run this program as an administrator" Box.

That should do the trick :)

2. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

Thank you a lot.