1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hover submarine :))

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by nutrageti, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Please don't let it be a 'bug' that gets fixed! The pod is intended to hover on land and on water, so why not under the water, it's awesome fun and far too often in Entropia the 'bugs' that give players the most fun and hurt no one are the ones that get fixed fastest! Just my two pecs, please leave our subs :)

2. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Agreed. It's a neat feature :) Pleeeaase keep it!

3. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

Any dev care to say something? please don't fix this. Makes sense, it's fun and harmless.

4. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I'm not a dev but they are busy folks, so I will say I have now heard a reliable 'rumor' that it will not be 'fixed' unless it is discovered to cause a balancing issue. So looking good, fingers crossed there is no balancing issue (can't really imagine there would be). Yippy for submarine races in future :)

5. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

just think of using the hover pod to navigate underwater caves that would be super cool i've always wanted that wher eyou had to go deep under see to get to a cave and them come up under a mountain into dry land and havine like a sercret sort of hunting spawn there.

kinda like Captain Nemo's hideaway in "the mysterious island" sequal to 2000 leages under the sea.

6. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the intro and the music and all, beautifully done! More of a barrel roll with a finishing half twist but DEFINITELY worth a +rep.

There's potential for a competition in here somewhere.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There is actually one small problem with the "bug". It's not such a big deal on Arkadia where there are no great bodies of water, but if you take this thing to Calypso and go way out on the open ocean, then leave the craft (relog, accident, whatever reason), you won't be able to spawn it on top of the water and, if the bottom is not level, you'll have a really long swim back to land.

Now, personally, I think the fun-factor of the water bug outweighs this potential problem, so I'd say keep it. :) The ideal solution, of course, to make this hands-down the coolest vehicle in EU would be to give the hover pod up and down controls (like flying craft) when it's in water. This would make it a real sub. You'd also have to reduce the drag in water so it's not flipping over all the time. I've always wished for more underwater activities.

But even without it's hidden aquatic talents, I'm liking the hoverpod better the more I use it, and it really lives up to its name: Exploration. It's not quite got as much hill-crushing power as the valkyrie, but it handles rough terrain better than any other vehicle, and much better than the big hovercraft. I was out at Limnadian District yesterday, and if you've ever tried driving a valkyrie there, you'll know how frustrating it is. The hoverpod just skims over all the jagged bumps and hills, smooth as butter.

8. MG Mighty

MG Mighty Member

I agree.
    The devs shouldn't fix this cool features unless they are causing unbalancing

9. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nah that's what a T key and summon vehicle to storage is for :p

10. Neil

I forgot about T. I've been going Old School the last week minimizing use of teleports and revives. I've been driving everywhere on Arkadia, trying not to use the vtol either. It's been fun. I've traversed the continent a few times. This morning I drove the hoverpod all the way from Celeste MHQ to 8 coins to continue the missions, and with the great fuel economy it only cost me a few pec. :)

11. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

If I remember right, Neil, you can spawn the big old-ish hovercraft on water pretty well.. if you have one of those onhand, then no problem :p

12. Neil

That's correct, you can spawn the hovercraft and boats from a swimming position.

13. Neil

You also sink when you run out of fuel over water :)