1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Maturity Nusul Hunting Data

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Medeina, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

A few weeks ago, I finished the mission chain for the aforementioned mob and, once again and in the style of my lengthy oro slaughter, I kept detailed records. The data isn't for the entire chain. Rather, it begins from half-way through Stage 4 and finishes, of course, at the end of Stage 5. At around 12,400 kills, this makes up the bulk of the chain (two-thirds) and is a good sample size.

The raw data can be found here, via Google Docs: Medeina's Nusul Hunting Data

Summary

Start Date: 19 December, 2013
    End Date: 05 March, 2014

Primary Weapon: Philosopher's Sword
    Armor: Viceroy with 5B Plates
    *No finisher or faps were used.

Runs: 145
    Decay: 37,772.62
    TT Returns: 35,403.31 (93.73%)
    Markup: 829.11 (based on items actually sold, minus auction fees when applicable)
    Total Returns: 36,232.42 (95.72%)
    Bottom Line: -1,540.20

Chart for cumulative TT returns.

View attachment 9165

Each hunt was strictly consistent, lasting no longer or shorter than all four of my Philosopher's Swords, unless there were so few remaining swings that I wasn't able to kill anymore mobs. Returns until from mid-December to mid-January were fairly consistent at 80-110%. The large spike seen at run 49 was a 519 ped hof, followed in the next few days by 215, 224 and a handful of 50-100 ped globals. After that, until late February, average returns dropped to 60-80%. This wasn't exclusive to me, as several other hunters I spoke with had also noted a noticeable drop in their returns during this time. Things improved starting late February, suggesting a return to more sustainable rates. But as the data stops on 05 March, it isn't possible to make any conclusions.

Globals consisted mostly of wools and oils, with the occasion Piron-17 and rare ESI.

Total Globals: 50
    50 - 99 ped: 40
    100 - 249 ped: 9
    250+ ped: 1 (519 peds)
    Avg: 98.30 peds / global

Decay Costs and Evades

Weapons: 98.15%
    Armor: 1.85%
    Starting Evader: 22.2049
    Ending Evader: 23.7819

The Philo was a good choice for high maturity nusul, although maybe *slightly* underpowered for prowlers and stalkers. A finisher wasn't used as I didn't feel it would have any effect, or, at most, only a very insignificant effect, on offensive cost efficiency due to the mobs hp. There would have been a bit of savings on the few guardians and dominants in the spawn, but they were uncommon.

Armor. Some people may instantly think that Viceroy with 5B is overkill, and I wouldn't entirely disagree. But to that, I say: look at my defensive costs! And that's using a melee weapon. If one were to use a gun with similar dps, it would go down a goodly amount. Fapping wasn't necessary in at least, totally eliminating fap decay and preventing mob regen, lowering the cost to kill any one mob. Damage taken was in the 1-4 range, with the occasion crit hitting for 15-25. I saw no difference in armor decay between my start and end evader levels, showing that evades max out for high maturity nusul some time before 22.2049. Another plus is that these mobs are quite docile and difficult to aggro unless you hit them first. Prowlers and stalkers tend to be a little aggressive and will sometimes attack you on their own, if you get really close.

Damage by Armor Piece

Where big nusul like to hit most.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 400"]

Piece*
    Avg Decay
    Proportion of Set

Harness
    0.91%
    17.03%

Arms
    0.79%
    14.77%

Shins
    0.77%
    14.45%

Thighs
    0.75%
    14.11%

Helmet
    0.74%
    13.91%

Feet
    0.73%
    13.73%

Feet
    0.64%
    11.99%

Avg
    0.76%
    14.29%
    [/TABLE]
    *with 5B plates

I was surprised to see so little variation
    in damage distribution, especially in the nearly identical five middle pieces. That the harness is most damaged is logical, given the nusul is about a humans height and its main weapon, the trunk, is chest high on the average person.

About Combat Sense and Evader Profession

If anyone has noticed, in the raw data, that my evader gains had suddenly increased by a factor of 3-4 starting at run #88, it's because I unlocked Combat Sense. I hadn't previously known that CS would affect evader, but it turns out it has a 6% skill effect (7% for dodger).

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Awesome effort, I love it when people put some real time and effort into writing up stuff like this. If I remember, I'll rep you for this when I get the rep system working properly again

3. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

couldn't agree more Snape, well done Medeina :)

4. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thanks a bunch, Snape and Jenny. It's always satisfying seeing ones efforts bear fruit.

5. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Member

Nice, good job Medeina.

6. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thanks, Sub-Zero.

One thing I completely forgot to mention in my original post is that the location north of Cobra Digsite is a pure visual treat and pleasure to hunt in, especially at night. Open, rolling hills interspersed with tall purple-blue mushroom trees that lit up at night, appendages hanging down from the cap bottoms. They seemed to come alive as they swayed in the wind. I stopped in awe a number of times, just to marvel the sight.

It was very romantic.

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Medeina and Nusul sittin inna tree...

8. Medeina

Medeina Member

:eek:

I was asking for that. Darn my poor choice of a descriptive word.

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Damnit, I need to get the rep system working again so I can rep Kikki for that. Owned!

10. Medeina

Medeina Member

Sticks and stones...;)

On further thought, I'll stick with my description. It feels right.

Time for me to disappear for a few months, until I have more numbers and embarrassing comments to post. Well, the comments might continue anyway, just because.

11. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Thanks for taking the time to log it all and share it!

12. Kosh

Kosh Member

Awesome summary as usual Medeina, keep them coming.

Grats on the unlocks :)

13. Medeina

Medeina Member

Thank you, gentlemen.

I think small madana will be next. Those should be fun. I wonder if they're angry at me for killing so many of their smaller carabok and halix cousins?

14. Triton

Triton Member

Wow thnx for data, nice to see these hunting logs.