1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herman ARK-10 and Australian Army Steyr Rifle

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Few Scars, May 30, 2011.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

hahah Yes i see your point about the Steyr. Never really been a fan, i preferred the old L1A1 SLR myself. There's a fair few weapons around these days that look similar to the overall design of the Steyr. In fact its quite the versatile platform from what i've seem.

3. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

I hope they will make a simular rifle (technicaly a cannon) to the badest of the bad boy snipers, the NTW-20
    [video=youtube;vXLRYf9EV2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y[/video]

4. Leona

Leona Member

Was about to shout "Austria not Australia" because they are made here. But you probably meant they are used in Australia as well.

Had to use one of those Steyr Mannlicher AUG (named StG 77 here) for 8 months and the design of the Arkadia ARK didn't really remind me of it. So doesn't seem to me that was a template or something. The AUG is really really simple and crude designed (and incredible robust).

5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

the Aussie forces use the F88 variant of the Steyr as their staple infantry platform. they used to use the L1A1 SLR which was a variant of the FN.