1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with forum?

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Few Scars, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Hi Arkadia Forum Techs

A few months ago, my username and password were remembered and whenever I opened the bookmark for Arkadia forum I would be already logged in. After a few FireFox updates I am having problems.
    I type in my username and password and check the 'remember me' box, the screen logs in, yet appears as though I am not logged in. If I then click say, 'Whats new" tab, it opens and I am logged in.

Not sure what is going on? Is it FireFox being buggy or the forum?

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hey buddy (and everyone else interested!)

We made some changes so now the forums handle the cookies at http://arkadiaforum.com by default. Before this they were handled by http://[B]www[/B].arkadiaforum.com

This means that because of the change, your computer thinks they are two separate sites, and thus handles two sets of cookies.

I would update your bookmark to the address without the www. and everything should start to fall into place there... you'll find that at first things will be slower to load than normal, but this is natural as it's caching files the computer thinks it hasn't seen before.

Hope this helps!

3. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that the gallery still sits on the old www. so you MAY need to log in to that occasionally... i tried moving that over to the new style but it went pear shaped yesterday so I had to revert it back.