1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Wanting to open a vehicle shop on Arkadia

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by EMEUTIER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER New Member

As a fairly new player (2 or 3 weeks) I come to see what this game is all about not expecting to spend any RL cash but ended up falling in love with the universe and plan to stay.

What I have noticed though that on Arkadia there is quite a few items that are unavailable from the auction or shops that I wanted to purchase but didn't really want to travel to other planets to purchase.

What I would like to do is travel to other more established planets and purchase a number of vehicles unavailable at the Ark Action and bring them back to sell.
    Now I see two options, selling via auction or with a shop. What I would love to do is have a shopfront with a nice area to actually display a number of vehicle for sale, like a car-yard.
    How would I accomplish this type of shop design on ark, how much PED would I be approximately needing for the deed/furniture etc.. and is my idea even worth doing?

2. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

well the idea is a nice idea but with the shops you are not able to set any vehicle in them. But you however are able to set them in shopkeepers and that could be costly seeing how shopkeepers are going for 2,200-2,500 each and most all vehicles you get are crafted so you will have to be a crafter to make any money at it. But I would be willing to rent you a shopkeeper in my shop if you would like to give it a try? The only other option is to buy a shop and shopkeeper yourself which could run you in the area of 15-20K peds just for the shop.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

You could place a shopkeeper in an apartment also. Might be a cheaper alternative.

4. anthonymorris

hi kikkijikki

Having an apartment is an idea as well but as he said he would like a "shopfront with a nice area to actually display a number of vehicle for sale, like a car-yard." lol the first ever EU buy here pay here lol. this would be different if we as shop owners were able to display vehicles out site of our shop........ but with that being said im not looking to have our shopping lanes cluttered with vehicles any time soon lol. although you could put a sign out side saying that your shopkeeper has vehicles in it. but with an apartment there is no place to put a sign and you would have to rely on local advertising or the fourms. but having a shopkeeper out side a shop with a sign would infact accomplish his goals as a used car sales man. :soangry:lol

5. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Another issue with the card yard display is the time limit stagnant vehicles have. Ark can sure use more boats and 4-wheelers, so maybe consider renting a current shopowner's shopkeeper and possibly place a great sign in front.

6. EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER New Member

Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions, you have given me a better understanding of what is best for me and the game in general and have given me alot to think about.

It would seem that the best option would be to just sell via auction or a shopkeeper atm.

I am actually considering getting into crafting vehicles as a more viable method to get them.
    We shall see how it all works out I suppose.

7. anthonymorris

Yes Puck that would be one way of doing it but a shop front would work better then an apartment because you can place the sign outside the shop on 1st floor.

but emeutier if you would like more info just pm me and gl with your game play

8. Cly

Cly Active Member

What you might consider also is to maintain and manage a thread in this forum with your service, current stock levels and so on.

While it is not quite as flash as a full shop or shopkeeper for the moment, it allows you to get into the habit of making regular updates and servicing supply and demand etc. it would also allow you to accept requests for vehicles to be fetched from elsewhere perhaps.

Good luck out there!