1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hangar conspiracy theory 101

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Cyborg Bill, Apr 8, 2011.

1. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

whaa? Heads over to PCF to get that info too... hmm I just hope the TPs will still be there or one of my old pilots takes me to Arkadia cheaper than the fees. :)

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

I have a feeling that transport via the TP's will still be available, because if I'm not mistaken, PP get that fee, or at least a portion of it, right? It sets at least a ceiling on cost to get to other destinations, and then the pilots can work their schedule of prices accordingly.

I know what you mean though about exploring space flight or heading to Arkadia, but whatever choice people make for getting to Arkadia, it won't interfere with the pre-launch party because Chrome changed it to this Sunday the 22nd at 18:00 in game time. Then, everyone can decide how they want to get to Arkadia once the planet goes live ... TP or space flight. :)

3. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Lots of pics from space here

There seems to be a planet TP inside the mothership too, anyway hope we can get to Arkadia in a convenient way no matter how :)

4. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

All hangar owners have just received an email offering a preview of the space implementation for next Thursday so I wouldn't expect space content in the Arkadia VU on Tuesday.

My guess is that TP is only to go to or from the planet it is orbiting as they said in their release that you could fly or TP to the mothership.

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

thanks for that info Jod, so what the MA CEO told this player http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?211997-Patriot-s-in-Space about the ships being ready by Tuesday didn't mean they would be up and flying by Tuesday. Relieved as hopefully that does mean the tps will still be able to transport us to Arkadia for at least a while. Lots of pics up on that players soc site as well of the space preview already given to the lucky few at twin at the right times http://patriots.entropiasociety.info/forum/gallery/index.php

6. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm guessing that is the case,at least it would seem silly to give the hangar owners a preview if its already implemented even for MA.

Also it seems like a recipe for disaster to have two major launches on the one day.

7. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

I think a little about space. I do not know if TP between planets and starships will work together, but if they do, perhaps must be a difference and not the price. A little ago weight limit each player can carry is raised up. Perhaps is not related but something i read in storyline follow me. Perhaps if you travel light and not pass weight limit you can travel between planets using the TP, but if you pass limit you can find a pilot and pay the fee for travel in spaceship.

I have one VTOL, and i think a little too about that question. If you want take your VTOL to other planet, perhaps is not so easy save it in inventory and enter the TP. Perhaps you can fly until a mothership in orbit and enter ship hangar for do the travel.

Is all thing about space so new, can we take several months for think about that? :-D

Greetings.

8. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Remember though, the hangar owners will need ships capable of carrying the same number of people their owns did. I'm not sure any of the current vtols are capable of that and MA also have to tie the ship to a deed.

No good if a hangar own sells the hangar but can keep the UL ship that they were promised.

One of the MA officials said the big ships will be on sale to players. So if they're used for interplanetary travel does that mean we'll need to pay them as well?

Or will the hangar owners be priced out of business by people with smaller ships taking one / two people at a time? Or by people going into space anyway on their own L ship and taking a hitcher for free.

9. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I am all interested in the space thing... Sadly I think it will be far out priced for my finacial status for me to enjoy. As far as hangars go.. I made it to Arkadia so they are a moot point now 8=}}.

Seriously tho I hope they thought it all thru not like all the other systems they have reimplemented. It will be interesting to see for sure what the abilities for spaceships and hangars are and what effect the changes have on their value. Will MA continue the trend of its devaluation like they have with so many other things in the last 2 years or will the hangars still be worth at least something.