1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings and salutations to all!

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Alisha Ali Astro, May 17, 2013.

1. Alisha Ali Astro

Alisha Ali Astro Member

Hello!

I'm not really sure what to say, so pardon me if I start rambling, okay? Thank you! :eek:

I'm Alisha Ali Astro, and as you can probably guess from the location of this post, I'm new to Entropia Universe. I had tried to play waaaay back when it was still called Project Entropia (I don't know how long ago, but Star Wars Galaxies was still new-ish), but my old computer couldn't handle the game and so I gave up. In seeking a new place to call home, I ended up finding Entropia once again and since I have a decent machine now, I figured I'd give it a whirl. Couldn't seem to find my old account info (I believe it may have been tied to an email address that no longer exists), so I started up fresh.

After doing a bit of searching on starting locations, I ended up choosing Arkadia since it was suggested on quite a few forums and was said to have not only a suitable new player questline, but an interesting storyline as well.

So far I haven't done much, and I'm still working on my newbie quests (would have finished them by now, but my net connection has been fussy due to the weather in my area lately), but I'm really enjoying it here so far! I love that there is so much possibility and variety!

I'm hoping there might be some kind folks out there who could give me a few tips and advice on what to do and not do because I'm still getting the hang of things. I'd hate to waste time and effort training in a skill that I shouldn't or paying far too much for an item or find out I'd bought the wrong weapons/armor/tools.

Thanks for reading my post and hope to see some of you around!!

2. Cly

Cly Active Member

Welcome aboard, Ali... I'm sure sure you'll hear a large chorus of "you made the right choice" :)

The usual advice to start with is to source a mentor (usually good to try match one with your time zone / play times) who can help you with info, lore, advice and so on. I myself and a number of others on this forum have free slots for this purpose and would be happy to try and advise you.

There is a lot to convey, certainly more than can be contained in any one post, but there are a couple guides there, of varying age, which might offer you some basic insights. But the mentor would be the main suggestion as this would provide both "current" information and also Arkadia-specific insights.

Welcome again, and all the best for your endeavours!
    Cly

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Welcome to Arkadia Miss Astro.

I've been playing for a bit but still feel like a novice myself. the only thing I can suggest is to join a Society and find a Mentor, take your time though and make sure they both fit your schedule since you don't wanna be asking questions and nobody online to help you.

Also, when I first started playing I figured it would be a breeze and I could handle all three Professions. it's not like that, the game is so complex in it's simplicity. you really have to choose if you are mainly a Hunter, Miner or Crafter. I feel hunting is the one that hurts my wallet the least and helps me stretch my PEDS. I'll drop a few prodes and see what I can dig up then I search Auction House for raw resources and materials for a specific Blueprint and roll the dice.

In the end, do what makes you happy........enjoy !!

4. Frigid

Frigid Member

Welcome, new-newcomer! The neat thing about Arkadia and this forum is they actually set up a "manual" of sorts, so you get a lot of tips to get started. Arkadia seems very "new player" friendly and I like that. From lots of "little mobs", Arkadia Advisers, and excellent guides online, they did what Mindark is only now trying to do. There is still challenging content for higher-level players, but it's not forced upon you. I had been a way form PE for some time, and when I came back to Calypso, I was just teleporting around...but I kept landing on L75-L125 Mobs! I just want to hunt a few drones!

So, search these forums, google, and entropedia. Alot of info is there. if you have specific questions with a profession you choose, just ask. I'm certain someone will be able to help you.

And...welcome to Arkadia. it's my now home, too. Home is where my Blueprints are! ;)

5. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

Welcome to the fun :)

6. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Just a tip for you regarding the New Player Guides here on the forum. 95% of the information and pictures are there and correct but they are in the process of having an update as some parts of the system have been "tweaked" since those guides were originally written. If you find there is something you want more information on, post a question here in the forums and you will get up to the minute accurate information from the wonderful community we have here.

That all said, welcome to PAF and we hope you enjoy your stay :D

7. Dave Stevens

Dave Stevens Member

Welcome Alisha :)

Feel free to add me as friend (look up Dave Yarrow Stevens in the player register). I'm not always on arkadia, but always willing to chat and give help.

8. Alisha Ali Astro

Alisha Ali Astro Member

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

I'm definitely interested in finding a mentor and possibly a society, but I'm a bit worried about getting the wrong one. I don't keep a normal playing schedule (or even a normal sleep schedule) due to some of my health issues and meds (such as painkillers) that tend to keep me from keeping a normal schedule. So while I might be able to play daily, the times could be drastically different from day to day. I do try to keep promises if I say I'll be around for an event or group thing, but otherwise I usually get online and play games whenever I'm awake and able to focus on more than "Grrr, need coffee". :eek:

I'll admit that this is one of the reasons I love online communities. No matter what time I'm awake, it almost ensures there will probably be someone around that I can get along with. Combined with my hearing loss (I'm legally deaf, though I can hear a little), it also makes it much easier for me to hold a conversation without having to constantly ask folks to repeat themselves. Well, unless they overdo the shortspeak (which I really don't mind when used while busy, but trying to carry on a whole conversation with it while standing there?).

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Welcome Ali! I echo the sentiments of my fellow colonists. Find a mentor, there are plenty that play many hours daily in order to accommodate your schedule. Also read everything you can on this forum. There is a wealth of information here that will assist you in your gameplay in this rich universe. I played another MMO for years prior to this, and couldn't believe the difference in the average maturity level of players in EU. I believe it has to do with the complexity of the game, I think it weeds out the immaturity. So again, welcome to this community, Arkadia is a blast!