1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Golden Week 2016

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by ArkadiaBot, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Talkin about low points 130+ dps in cat2 = 5k points in 21 hours

2. Qster

Qster Member

I'm killing around 500 per run in cat 2... 3100 points in 28 hours. Ive given up hope on even coming close to winning a prize :(

3. Dorlune

Dorlune Member

You get the mission again in 1 hour but not at the IFN terminal but at the Golden mission broker at Aakas.

• Welcome! Welcome! x 1
  4. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Golden Week 2016 is now ended, we will post the results shortly in a separate thread here on the forum

5. CraftyCashCow

CraftyCashCow Member

Have the results been posted? :)

6. LightStar

LightStar New Member

When do we get results ?

7. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

Mathias, you are all-right?

shortly
    (ˈʃɔːtlɪ)
    adv
    1. in a short time; soon
    short•ly
    (ˈʃɔrt li)

cheers

8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Guys, you know that they are dependent on MA to report points, trawl logs to calculate logged in time and derive the averaged totals. That will take a little while (for some value of little) just as it did after Gold Rush. Devs aren't going to commit to a time-frame they have no control over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

someone should tell mindark, this could make life a bit easier for them :angel:

10. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Well this was the first event I have ever completed. I had a blast even though the event itself drained my card a bit :p Not going to complain about it though since I had a lot of fun, completed the Breeder mission 4 times (and a bit) and unlocked Serendipity :D.

One of the things which did bug me a little bit was the point system. Now I wanted to finish the event this time however I have to admit.... seeing someone getting showered in 5k tokens at the same timeframe I was killing is kind of disheartening. Isn't there some other way to do the points? Or at least somehow a way to reduce the distance between the point tokens? To make my point a bit more clear;

-1 person gets 2x5k tokens to drop during the event, others see that they either need to get lots of 1k tokens to catch up or the same 5k tokens (which is really rare to get a second one from regardless). What you tend to see is that people will just say "gz on first prize" and bail.

With the pointrange of the tokens being closer togethere say that the 500, 1k and 5k token are removed and you introduce a 200 point token. Then the highest points someone can get from 1 token is 200, which is more easily covered with 100 point tokens or even 50 point tokens, opening up for a much better competition. Even if someone gets lucky with a few 200 point tokens, it wouldn't cause others to give up completely since it's easier to overcome it.

Also what I would like to see (and I know others don't think the same way), a teamsetting for this. I personally like doing stuff with other people, during the Golden Week I was always on Teamspeak when doing my hunting. Talking to others doing some Golden Week instance as well. However I would have loved to jump in with others and teamhunt them. There is a lot of solo content out there, lot's of people love doing things solo, but there are also those who like doing stuff together. It might be tough to work out a good team system (especially after the fail of the Merry Mayhem from last year) however I do believe there might be some interest in it. I don't know this for sure off course since I don't know everyone else their opinion on it :p But it could be something people could give their opinion about :).

In anycase, thank you Ark team for this suprise event :D I really loved it to bits :) Now I will see if I can save up PED for maybe Gold Rush :D

Wzzls
    Waus

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  11. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

Problem with what you propose is that with such a system is almost guaranteed that the people with the highest DPS would win the event, leaving no or very low chance for anyone else (is somehow the equivalent of the highest total loot in a normal, player organized event).

With this system, the people with the highest DPS still have higher chances, but the lack factor plays a larger factor and someone with lower skills/gears still has a chance on winning, because of a few lucky drops (so, somehow, equivalent with the highest single loot in a normal, player organized event).

Which ever is better is hard to say, but just pointing out that both of them have their pros and cons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Torene

Torene Member

I personally have no objection to team events, so long as the team event and rewards are separate from the solo event and rewards. If that was the case, it wouldn't really affect be at all. That being said, I do think if they do a team event that it needs to be reworked
    Tor

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Torene

Torene Member

Oh, and i personally think the point system is fine the way it is, it gives those with higher DPS and more time a slightly better chance while letting people like me (who only finished the breeder mission once and who doesn't have the best DPS considering I use lvl 50 L weapons) a chance to win (I was very lucky and got 3 5k points. I'm not sure I'll win, but I've never let that bother me before :) :)

• Gratz! Gratz! x 2
  14. CraftyCashCow

CraftyCashCow Member

think I did 30 hours or more didn't pick up one 5k token.

15. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

I agree to some extent, however the chances for points to drop is the same which means even if you have high dps the tokens you gain will be the same, the amount of points you gather will be less. The gap between people due to the value of the tokens will become less, which means more people are more encouraged to continu going. The comparison you gave, "highest single loot" and "most loot", there for is a bit off.
    As I mentioned, atm those who don't really have high gear trying to do a certain catagory will bail on the event once they hear and get confirmed that someone has looted several 5k tokens, which is a big loss in my opinion.

I totally agree, the team thing should be seperate from the solo one. And yes it would need a lot of work to fit in team catagories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

gz on the 5k tokens :p

17. San

San Well-Known Member

Seems I was wrong when I surmised the new mission tracker interface which everybody complained about would actually help with these technicalities, after I saw what it can do at the new robot events on Caly. Maybe there wasn't enough time between its release and preparations for Golden Week. Is it possible to get official word whether this is in the pipeline for the next opportunity then?

Aw dammit, now I'm being impatient, too. And I didn't even compete :bag:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Torene

Torene Member

Thanks!
    It happens, when I did the Easter event i didn't get a single 1k, let alone a 5k. And while I got 3 5ks, I only got one 1k, and no 500s, there's a fair chance someone else did better than me overall point wise *shrugs*

19. Torene

Torene Member

The timers for the robot events were countdown timers though. I agree that the BEST thing MA could do for events is to implement a timer to keep track of how long we're in the instances, it would both help with the minimum requirements as well as turnaround on results :tongue:

20. CraftyCashCow

CraftyCashCow Member

8320.. don't know how good my point rate was.