Discussion in 'Company Events' started by ArkadiaBot, Oct 15, 2016.
that better be a typ[o 2017 u mean 2016 right i been waiting all yr
Wasn't it after Merry Mayhem? or was that another golden event which wasn't gold rush?
I bet next year we will have a "coming soon" post about the "coming soon post" and that also have a typo in the visual for the event
Last year it was almost immediately after migration as I recall. But last year's migration was a loooong event, I think.
I tried to google around for what 'genesis event' could mean and now I'm worried, lol.
Star Trek - Project Genesis?
Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually knows how to use the search function in a forum, month on month we see threads with people guessing (often wrongly) when a particular event was held last year.
Oct 15th 2015 .....Planet Arkadia annual Gold Rush event is starting very soon.
Oct 16th 2015 Date was announced .... Event Starts: 30th October 2015 - 30th November 2015
so apart from the probable typo in the advert which shows 2017 instead of 2016, we should otherwise be bang on target
a typo can drive everyone mad so there, I fixed it for you (hoping it's a typo and it will start soon )
However, last year the devs didn't seem to be happy about the fact that GR was at the same time as the Caly halloween event, so there is a good chance that that won't happen again this year. It might very well be either starting or ending in jan 2017. As long there is no official word yet, I'm happy to guess about the future dates (not the past ones because as you said, easy enough to find)
that would be fairly annoying, I'll have to go back in hibernation if that's the case
Ok the event will happen when it happens so I am going to try to confine myself to feedback the devs can use while there is still time to make changes.
I think they need to have a look at the auction structure. Last time, there were maybe a dozen or so items on offer. Each auction ran for four weeks and then the anti-sniping period started. So effectively, nothing actually happened for four weeks. Was kind of boring. And there weren't many things to choose from so people with koins didn't have any difficult/interesting choices on where to direct there koins. And it didn't use up a significant amount of the koins in play. (I still have a vast amount from some years ago when I tried for an LA - and spent none as I got outbid on the couple of items I was interested in). So a few ideas for consideration
1. Have more items for auction. Very them between pretty, different levels, useful but limited, UL or epic. For example
- a variation on an existing weapon which is just a little bit better in terms of eco or dps or an additional bonus - but Limited so it doesnt have a long term effect on the game.
- similarly for mining gear. Give a bonus but have it run out
- maybe one of the smuggler weapons or faps that rarely drop these days.
- some cool apartment decorations
- that second set of koroma bps (wince). And there are a few apparantly unique weapon bps (they don't appear to be dropping)
- a full set of smuggler armour UL. - or some other arkadian set - everything above canis is quite rare at the moment.
- access to the warehouse instances for a specific period of time.
- an UL version of one of the bps that only drops in L form at the moment.
- some sort of service - eg 5 warp trips through space, super fap service by a dev for x hours of a team hunt.
- consider allowing players offering items or services for auction by negotiation with the devs. Could be for a % of the koins payed or as some sort of advertisement for their business.
- some real life item - i appreciate there have been some difficulties with this in the past but still worth considering. Tee-shirts can be custom printed quite cheaply these days.
You could run a survey ahead of time to see what folks would like to be able to bid on.
2. Reduce the auction period before anti-sniping starts. 4 weeks is too long. You could have varying periods depending on the perceived coolness of the item. eg 1 week for something little, 2 weeks for something epic. You want bidding to be active throughout the event.
3. Have the auction start at the beginning of the event. There are koins out there now and people have plenty of time to farm or buy more. No need to wait for more to be looted.
4. Stagger the release of new items for auction. Say a couple of times a week. Start with a few small items then in week two go epic.
This way, in conjunction with shorter varying periods before anti-snipe, you get on-going bidding, auctions coming to an end throughout the event and people having to keep coming back to the forum regularly to see if new stuff is being listed that they want to bid on.
5. Have a think about the anti-snipe rule. I think in previous years it was 72 hours. That might be a little excessive for some items. The main thing is to ensure people don't miss out just because they need to sleep.
Hopefully some of these ideas are able to be implemented and can make the auction part of the event more engaging.
Genesis means the origin or beginning of something, so it sounds to me like this event will have something to do with the ancient history of planet Arkadia. That would most likely mean something in the Aakas instances. Or maybe we'll get to see new treasure hunting instances. It's scheduled for 2017, so it's very possible we will see mining or treasure hunting, not just the typical hunting event.
So today Arkadia Official Dylan showed up and shared some info and i quote:
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : Yes, there will be a GoldRush this year
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : it actually runs into next year
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : We are going to be running events in the event manager for everyone to participate in
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : So the newbie events will start up again
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : I hear a rumor that Ned will be taking the Smugglers who have signed up on adventures.
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : and there was talk about special yearly events
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : Something about themed events, special situations happening and a living story line
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : You see, we are sometimes quiet but there is good reason for it.
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : So we can bombard you with so much epic events and missions, you will be busy for quite some time
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : that is also, why I invite everyone to please PM on the forum
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : and send me ideas you think will work on Arkadia
[Local] [Arkadia Official Dylan] : Because we build storys and events for you to enjoy
LOL - I knew it
Mole StrikeS again
good info druze
Any update, please?
Ever visited a pigsty where the animals are trained to receive food at the same time every day? Half an hour before...
Look at you all casual and passing by, taking notes from the distance about the frenzy crowd, replaying to every single post, on every single planet...
Did someone get offended? This was not intended. Casual, yes, distant, no, right here and part of the frenzy. Taking note of forever recurring rituals, evoking childhood memories.
for when dates and prizes?
Separate names with a comma.