1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Gold Rush Arkoin Baron 2012 (Event Closed)

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Cyrus, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

I did a few tests with this and as far as I can make out loot is dependant on amount of dmg performed throughout the instance & tt of the key. When going straight for the boss you do about 6-7k dmg + 60ped tt key, killing all the mobs is about 30k dmg + tt of the key. with boss only I would get 60-70ped loot from the chests and killing all the mobs about 130-150ped loot. More tests need to be done I think but going straight for the boss is more detrimental especially considering the mu spent on keys.

PS On a side note I ran about 52 keys (possibly more)... that is 52x60 ped tt keys + 14-20ped mu every time. About halfway through the crafters had run out of keys and I was buying them straight from auction for max mu just to keep on running. That is more then 4k peds in keys not counting the 2,9k I spent buying coins at 230% or all the peds in weapons/armor/amps used.

Cheers Mord

2. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Wasn't calling anyone out, I did say I respect the winners and believe they honestly won and mentioned I in no way even tried to compete.

I just wanted to bring up an issue that if there is an exploit like this, maybe contests should be stopped immediately instead of allowed to progress, and end without an official public stance on how this was all handled. As it could have be used was all. No other player really knows how things are obtained by others, MA and PP's are the only ones that can be the fair judges for the rest of the players, and causes huge speculation when something like this exploit( if thats what it can be considered) comes into play and it is not address immediately somehow.

May people have been saying it makes no difference how many mobs are killed, chest seem to give about same loot amounts. 1 kill or all of them killed. Hard to prove as a player as loot is dynamic and all.

3. PaulCrystal

PaulCrystal New Member

I have.

The first thing that came to my mind, however, is : A fair competition includes telling ppl what the arkoins are good for instead of making them run for the computers, hyping the crap out of your event, making the information as unreadable as possible and leaving the rest of the people who participated at the mercy of a steadily falling arkoin mu with no armor parts whatsoever after the first drops.

I didn't even need to come close to the things you were mentioning to show the level of professionalism, fair-play and care ...

4. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

The wall should be fixed with the patch next week and a few extra proxies has been added to restrict player movements.

On the note of using this as an exploit the players who does is fullish in wasting the value of their key and will most of the time get low amounts of Arkoins and some low amounts of stackables as a result. Every mob killed adds to the final loot in the chests and in skipping to the boss directly will in effect cut the player out of looting some of the higher level loots that can only drop from certain sized globals and above.

I can assure you that we do evaluate the logs for foul play in events and will take appropriate steps against those who does not play fair.

Regards,

Chris

5. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Thanks Chris,

Everyone now has a place to send people for an official stance on how things work in instances and how the event was validated.

This was all that was needed.

6. PaulCrystal

PaulCrystal New Member

Actions speak louder than words, let's wait and see.

7. Deatz

Deatz New Member

Gratz Fishface!