1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Rush 2023 - Mining Winners

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia News' started by Zephyrus, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator PAF Senior Mod Planet Arkadia Official

GoldRushWinners_x450.png
    Big thanks to everyone for joining the event! We want to thank those who shared suggestions directly. We value your feedback, and we're committed to using it to enhance future events.

Congratulations, and can't wait to see you at the next event!

1st: Agg Adelina Awe; 498,810 points
    • Terra Amp 5 Gold Rush
    2nd: Erebereberto Ma Fe; 479,258 points
    • Terra Amp 3 Gold Rush
    3rd: Attere AzGarot Dominatum; 464,957 points
    • Terra Amp 1 Gold Rush
    4th: Stoica Alina Alina; 464,235 points
    • TerraMaster 8 Gold Rush
    • Rock Ripper 3 Gold Rush
    5th: Forgie DJ Wasils; 405,435 points
    • TerraMaster 8 Gold Rush
    • Rock Ripper 3 Gold Rush

* All prizes will be received shortly *
    As an additional reward for the runner-up positions, Planet Arkadia is pleased to announce a bonus prize for participants securing positions 6 to 20. Each of these individuals can collect a PED prize of 250.

UPDATE
    Prizes will be spawned in the respective winners inventories shortly

Runner-up names, that won the 250 PED bonus prize:
    Anne Aatrix Aniston
    Edgar edSampaio Sampaio
    PK Garbage PK
    Frilas Frilas Gilneas
    fonne fonne68 jazenne
    Alex Eagle88 14
    Lone LoneEagle Eagle
    Mos Craciun exista
    Kirgon -- Evingrale
    Shawn Thark Columbo
    Yuga MaFuba Mai
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    mimi mimi lee
    Aleksandr gre4otto Rashevskiy
    Zyta Ziutka Gilowska

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  2. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

Why is the estate manager times so limited, this is a worldwide game, and for many those times will clash with sleep or work. A prize is a prize, if you know who and how much, why is it not just sent to them. This feels cheapskate as it means you get, in all probability, to retain prize monies.. come on Ark team you can do better than this

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  3. Feather Silverstream

Feather Silverstream Member

Ok, it's rare i give my opinion but this time it's really to much.

I played for the all time of the event. Mining all day everyday. Haven't slept at all mining for at least 3 to 4 nights, burned more or less 50 D-Class mining amp per 24h (or less), minimal quota was 5k points a day. Really gave all i could and made depo that where we'll say an investment.

Stupidly believing that efforts, sleep privation, grinding hard would compete with big gamblers... (my time vs their money)

i got small points just a bit above 90k points, i'm already proud of that, i don't need to win, i just gave me hope to be competitive, and maybe to get better for next year event.

And then i saw the results...

It is impossible to make so much points if you extract your claims (takes to much time) a claim size 10 brings 5-8 points i got 1k a day, winner must have made 1k claim at 294 points per claim... what's the size? 18? something that takes more or less 15-20 min tu extract? you can get 1k 18 per day?

I don't think so, these are just big "whales", that spend enormous amount of money, not extracting deeds because they are so rich they don't care.

Conclusion, this event was never made for common player, not any of us could get in the top 5, i'm not alone to have done the maximum effort (physically and pecuniarily) we now all know it, for next time, i personnaly won't put a pec or any effort on next event cause it's absolutly impossible to win for me... and many of us...

i'm really, very, disappointed...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

I have never heard of a single one of those players either. Super sketchy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frilas

Frilas New Member

please provide us with the number of drops and points per hit for the Miners place 1-20 which includes me.
    just based on what i am hearing from others the point system has worked very different for me compared to others i had a minimum of 1 point per claim no matter the size in my test and now im hearing that for others the minimum points per claim increased based on claim size which makes the fact that i have size 14+ claims that gave me 0 points very questionable.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alin

Alin Member

For 12 years you lived under a rock ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

Apparently so, although I do recognize Alina

I recognize every single crafter name... so just saying...

8. Feather Silverstream

I have to say a few names rings a bell, just have to look to AtH list. That's not really the problem. if points where counted after extraction only the results would have been completly different.

9. True Juan

True Juan Member

All 5 are high-end miners.
    Prizes went to dedicated players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Darkshine

Darkshine New Member

Having been around for as long or longer than those top players...

Doesn't really surprise me, but their high scores are not something someone on a normal budget could hope to compete with. This is funny because I remember when I used to compete with Alina for top finds in points on LBML back over 10 years ago hehe.

These are whale players and no, unless you are dropping 50+ ped a drop with an inventory full of highest amps you can get non stop you will never be able to compete. Also, points are random on every find, so yes, you can get a 0 on a 14 size claim, or 1 point on a 16 like I got.

It does overall suck that unless you drop some serious cash on this event you will not even hope to place, but that's the nature of competitions. You aren't going to win 1st place in the Olympics without millions of dollars in sponsorships and training right? Same principle here.

Yes I think it sucks that the same people hit the biggest finds, win the competitions, but if that's the culture that MA wants to push to make their money, there's not a whole lot any of the rest of us can do about it, other than not compete and go play something else.

To those that gave it their all and didn't place even in the top 20: I find your ambitions impressive, and you gave it your best! (without selling your private jet that you didn't have anyway haha) Hopefully you got some cool stuff out of it, and got lots of level progressions. It sucks to feel like it's impossible to win, but you still tried anyway.

That still counts for something, and consider taking it to a different game that appreciates it more than this one does and you might have better luck there. Or continue to work at it like you have, and who knows? Next time you might place!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frilas

Frilas New Member

Point Multiplier are random but the minimum point you can get per claim not and from what Alina Sayed that minimum increased for here with the size of claims with medium giving min 5 points next size 6 and next 10 points MINIMUM that is without any multiplier involved.
    in short those 0 point claims did not exist for the winners of the event.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Feather Silverstream

Personnaly, never had any 0 points claims.

This doesn't change the problem. If the event was well made, points would have been atribuated not on claim but at the end of extraction.

Like that yes the 5 first would have won due to their stuff, experience, skill and dedication (luck too probably).

The fact of letting claims without extracting is a bit like a cheat, like if you have enought money to play all combinations at the lotery.

You would play 15 millions $ but if the jackpot is 17 millions you will for sure be a winner of 2 millions.

That's what happened here, dropping like crazy with the biggest amps non stop, burning peds to make points, if they burn 20k$ and that the first prize is 30k$ it's still a win.

What is disgusting is that only a handfull of people with a lot of money can do that, as i said before, if points where attribuated at claim depletion, lots of money would have be very helpfull but not decisive.

If the studio needed money they would better have put the 5 first prizes on auction for 17 days, i guess the winners would have been the same.

13. Frilas

Frilas New Member

I'm not sure who told you anybody was just dropping without extracting but they lied to you. i have a lot of issues with the format and some apparent problems with the point system (MA support already admitted 1 point for each size is a bug) but i know the names of all winners just from being an active miner in the game and they put in the time and work without question.
    I did the event completely unamped with 105 and my daily minimum goal was 10k points which means over 38k triple drops in the whole event and the only claims i had expired where because i didn't watch the time right. I did leave claims that have a longer timer then the event for after GR ended to collect and from what i saw others took that approach in the last hours as well where they dropped on high amps to create big timer claims.
    I don't know what excavator you where using but for D-class runs a t2 RE-105 would have to be the minimum and with a genesis Mod at best spending more time droping then collecting on the middle server is not that unrealistic and let you do more then the 38k drops i did unamped with d-class in the event time.

The only thing i will say concerning this is that it is weird that none of the top 5 are over 500k points which they all should have should be based on the information provided from them.

14. Feather Silverstream

Was using [Resource Extractor RE-205 (L)] and it was more time extracting than dropping, took me around 15 - 20 min to probe 3 D-class and around 45min to 1h to extract all (taking the under 1h lasting claims, then the others) since all my claims where around 5 to 8 points (not counting HoFs and Globs) i guess the claims that can give you enought points to get around 500k is simply impossible. Since my biggest was a 22 (vast) of lysterium, gave me around 300 points (for 2800 peds more or less) and took me 45 min to extract.

so ... or whales just burned peds and made points because they can afford it... Or point counting was completly rotten and didn't work at all. Proof for me is that a friend and i spend allmost has much time playing with 2 differents methods and event if he is much more higher than me he wasn't higher than 125k points and on last day he had to let some claims vanish to grind points.

Something is just not clear with all that, except if, with best equipment you can extract, a vast claim in less than 5 min and you get 1k vast(22) claims a day, this score is not atteignable.

Maybe only the 5 first can explain exactly how they did and with witch stuff so we can all get it.

Thus... get me well. I have absolutly nothing against all the winners, getting high end in this games worth every players respect and gg for winning the event.

But if the event was made in a way regular players couldn't win by playing and investing time and money in it, then it has absolutly to be corrected for next time.

Else thats a scam made to make everyone loose money to all players and only reward the richest.

In any way this has to be clarified cause something is "fishy" with thoose results.