1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Gold Rush 2014 - Mining Division

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Dylan | Arkadia, Dec 23, 2014.

1. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nice hit and gratz, knocked me off the top for getting a Terramaster 3 UL for the day, hope you enjoy your new toy when you get it :D I'll be back trying again tomorrow :p

2. tBANNA

tBANNA Member

yes, and that in case u select all 3 types of resources, but in case u select one type, like I did because I prefer to go separately 2 times, one for treasures, one for the rest, and I know there's a question why I do this, because the algorithm is a mix of item+location+skills, I use one item as much as I can , so selecting it for one type od resources I can spread the search for longer instead to use one item( amp ) in a small area to find all 3, and I tested the all 3 types also together, weak, v weak results,...

and if u check the pulse of the mining community u will notice some names u use UL amps, tend to quit mining Ark Underground and go somewhere else, once because they got what they came for ( daily event won ) and they don't sit here to camp for longer, logically u can find the answer if u find a spot where u have good results why u want to leave?

the AUD will tell if I m right about my last conclusion or not ^^

cheers

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The Underground chose a good day to start being generous. My first big underground claim should get today's prize, plus the bonus, since I was using Terra Amp 2. It was 2869 PED Ares Head, #2 on the HOF list (I'm told #1, the Crude Oil tower was found on Caly). Not huge as far as mining claims go, but I think it's my 3rd biggest ever.

2015-01-19 -- Ares Head 2869 PED.jpg

Entropia 2015-01-19 19-00-06-13.jpg

• Gratz! Gratz! x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. Colshy

Colshy New Member

Yip can believe it still lol unamped for me does it again lol cant wait to get my fav finder in ul form :)

5. tBANNA

tBANNA Member

small mining log.

Treasure only, place Arkadia ( not underground )

terra amp 2 - 195ped + 40 ped MU = 235 ped
    probes 119*1.5 ped = 178.5 ped

total ( finder decay not included ) 413.5 ped
    ..............return 140 ped ( 33% )

this is what I get for last couple runs already, ....no comment

6. slither

slither Active Member

17.8k ospra tower :) still a long time to wait to see if I get the daily, but it doesn't take the big monthly prize (I think the 22k oil has that atm)

• Gratz! Gratz! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. tBANNA

tBANNA Member

last log for me, is just to prove my point whatever this might be, anyway
    Treasure only, place Ark Underground

terra amp VI Athena - 188 ped + 30ped MU = 218 ped
    probes used 71*1.5 ped = 106.5 ped

total ( finder not included ) 324.5 ped
    ......claims found 2.. retrun 45.8 ped ... 14% OMG

unfriggin belivable... really now, I m done whit ARKADIA for good because I cant deposit usd just to drop some stupid bombs and see this every time , bad thing is my last couple amps had same result.. geez

have fun everyone, but I m done whit the ark despite the all joy and enthusiasm I had at beginning

cheers

8. JackCaptainBlack

JackCaptainBlack Member

Nice hit! What finder/amp? Ya someone else mentioned the 22k was the biggest so far too. Ive been dropping 1200 ped into UG daily since the contest started, only 1 tower and a few hofs so far :/ nothing big enough to take the daily prize I don't think unfortunately, guess we'll see. GL

9. slither

slither Active Member

I was using dsec30 that does double probes and a terra-amp 2 that i'd crafted from an L print; so that's a 3.6ped drop.

10. Sunsout Gunsout

Sunsout Gunsout Member

I need to ask this again :) Please answer it. This questions is stopping a LOT of people from mining on certain days:

IF a person who has already won a previous day, hits a huge claim on a later day, are all the other miners that haven't won, still eligible on that day? Meaning the highest eligible person will win each day...

It is unclear in the first post what happens to the prizes on days where a previous winner gets the highest loot again. Obviously the previous winner doesn't get another prize, but does the second highest loot that day then get the prize?

In effect, the question is then, does the second highest loot become the highest loot after removing the previous winners loot, or is the prize for that day forfeited.

Without confirmation of this, any miner mining at a time when a previous winner has a very high hof is at risk to not get a prize, and it is therefore stopping many from cycling. Please clarify this, and thank you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  11. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Sounds pretty straightforward to me. If you have previously won a prize and get the highest loot on another day, the number 2 loot wins the daily prize. However, your loot is still eligible to win the grand prize, if it's big enough.

12. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

just waiting for conformation that indeed the second place has a chance at a prize... thats all

13. May

May Active Member

Oh, I haven't run into any of those 'a LOT' of people with doubts about this.
    But then again: we probably run in different circles. :laugh:

Still, isn't it covered by this:
    Which I understand as: there is a prize awarded everyday.
    It doesn't say there only will be a prize on days when there is a new avatar with a HSL.
    Or that there will be a prize everyday except on the days when a previous winner has the HSL again.

Hope you get your official confirmation though. :wink:

14. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Yes, there is a daily prize every day
    If someone who previously won the daily prize have the highest claim on another day, the highest claim from an avatar not previously won a daily prize will be the winner on that day.

Hope that clears it up

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sunsout Gunsout

Sunsout Gunsout Member

Thank you so much!

Ok now, since we know this, lets all us players work together and make a list of who we know that has won. There are 16-17 I presume so far. So IF we see them with the number 1 Hof for any future day of say 15k, with the second highest being 2k, players will know that it is in fact a good chance, and can keep mining on that day. The high hofs are needlessly slowing down miners, because they cant figure out if the person with a very high hof that day has already won. The amount of people that I talk to each day that are unsure if the high loot is reasonably obtainable on a given day is a lot, and this would help immensely. I will start the list with what I know.

Please add what you can.

Previous winners:
    Zwerzak
    Chuck Wholery
    me
    Colshy (not sure of ingame name atm)
    Slither
    pistnbroke
    Jack Captain
    Galford (unsure of ingame name atm)
    ...more to come.

SO, if you see these people at number 1 on a given day with a very high hof, you will know that you will still be able to win with a lower hof than theirs if yours is the second highest for that day.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Torene

Torene Member

My question is somewhat related to this. I understand that there will be 30 winners. But how exactly will it be organized? For example...
    Suppose I hit a tower today (unlikely as my loot has been atrocious), unamped, and get the daily for today. Then suppose I hit a tower amped tomorrow. Supposing I'm the HSL both days, which one counts? In otherwords, which second place person would get the prize, day one or day two? Does it depend on the size of the claims?

Tor

17. slither

slither Active Member

You won with first tower, second tower is irrelevant unless it's big enough for the grand prize:

18. SpeedMetalVai

SpeedMetalVai Member

Grats to all the winners.

19. Chronos

Chronos Member

yes grats whoever you are :) - Im still looking to buy both the finder and extractor. Send me a pm if you have one and wants to sell. Stig Chronos Brannlund

20. Master Suzuki

Master Suzuki Member

GZ to the winners, but when do we get to see a list of a winners and size of loot that ensured the prize? ^,.:.,^