1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Free Instance Teams for New Players

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Lee DeLioncourt, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Arkadia Instance Number One- Free Team Runs for New Players

Finished For this Time

View attachment 4735
    I will be offering team trips into the new (level one) instances for new players to join this week, beginning when they are successfully ingame Tuesday, August 28 hopefully. I will try to do one team run per day this week,but for now I will decide on a day to day basis and post on this thread.

Meet at 8Coins HQ teleporter at 19:30 MA to organize a team, then we will head out to the new Aakas teleporter (11180 9788) . I will get the team out via helicopter to the new one. If you already have collected the Aakas teleporter you can go there instead and wait for me to arrive. Plan to go into the instance around 20:00 MA (ingame) time.

This is not an 'event' with prizes or anything, just a way to encourage new players to experience both the new instance system as well as teamwork. It is also NOT an Arkadia Advisers group event or official in any way, even though I am an Adviser and some Adviser friends may volunteer to help me in one way or another depending on the need. I will provide the instance keys, so no cost to the newcomers there, and depending on response I also plan to provide tt starter weapons/ammo so even those who have used up the ones from the new player experience can still join in for the instance experience.

If you would like to sign up for a team, just post here, or add me and message me ingame, or message me here on the forum. Please spread the word around as well so as many newcomers as possible will hear of the opportunity.

There will be no hard and fast 'requirements' to join, this is just a personal effort to support Arkadia and it's new players, so I will be forming the teams based on those who are around who want to join each day, but of course it is intended for new and very low level players, and only one free trip per person please. If I feel someone is way too high level already I reserve the option to ask them to sit it out in favor of other lower level players if need be, it will be friendly and fun and casual :)

Hope to see lots of new faces join me over the week!
    -------
    Thanks to Cyrus for putting my feet on the cloud, scale of door not to be taken as realistic, we shall see soon enough! ;)

Special Thanks to volunteer helpers/healers, Neil Greenleaf Stockton, Jade Enigma, Dave ProcyoN and Tomas T79x Hope

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lee DeLioncourt

Some things to remember if you join a team please:

Have a bit of patience, there is no time limit until the final boss is killed and the chests must be opened, and some might appreciate a chance to actually look at the instance once in awhile rather than flying through on full speed. Plan to spend at least an hour on this once inside, more for the team organizing and transport in the beginning.

We will all use the exact same TT weapons. Team leaders and helpers are not there to try to get all the loot, but to help you have the experience, so will only shoot if needed or to help with bosses, and will try to heal as needed.

Ammo is not unlimited, I will set a cap on that, flexible depending on the size of team and within reason I want all to get to the end boss, but if you go over the cap on free ammo you are out, in order to be fair to all, but of course will run to the end and will get loot for what you managed to kill. To avoid losing too much ammo and running out before the end, unless you are already experienced hunting and really good with aiming, please use 'auto aim' by dragging the creatures health bar up and clicking on that directly.

Loot is automatically calculated by the system, and will be awarded to each team member at the end when the treasure chests are opened. The mobs killed along the way are not lootable individually.

Please do not run far ahead of the team leader and team mates. If you have not done the instance before, you don't know what you are running into, and if you die because you ran ahead into a room full of mobs or even a boss, the whole team has to wait while someone goes back to the revive at the beginning to fetch you. In the spirit of teamwork, everyone should get a fair chance to shoot mobs together, rather than one or two running ahead and clearing the rooms. Important to also pay attention to the chat and follow instructions, if the team leaders say to stop/regroup so others can catch up, or to just take a short rest to enjoy the location for a minute, go to the bathroom, etc. please respect that.

If you have any armor, wear it. With different levels of health and evade, some are going to get hit harder and we don't want you to die :) If you need healing try to stand still so someone can do that, and if you have your own healing tool use it if needed in close call situations.

Have Fun! Enjoy the place, something completely new and different to our play on Arkadia :)

3. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

WOW thats what i was doing with my Disciples and soc mates as well. so gl on your run question how is the loot split? if you suply everything to do the run?

4. Lee DeLioncourt

Not 100% decided on that right now Anthony. Not sure yet if the instances use the sort of system that the old beacons do, in which case loot is already sorted by the system. Understanding loot will mostly be Arkcoins I think either stack share or leader takes all and evenly divides it at end. In the event of one of the teams hitting some massive good luck and getting an item that is worth a lot, I personally always went with the he who loots it owns it plan, but if leader takes all, team will discuss and work out an agreement that seems fair to all. I will be running it at least once or twice myself first, to get a handle on how it works. I'm not looking for any return for myself, though I won't mind a few of the coins if the team agrees to even share.

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

In his AHR interview, it sounded to me as though loot would automatically split.. He was talking about how when he did runs in a team it was a big hassle to split the loot with items and the like. And it is the same system as the beacons, basically, so....

6. Lee DeLioncourt

Yep Rick, I remember hearing that as well, so hoping a test run or two will have that all answered and loot sorting won't be any issue :)

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Updated OP with travel info, seems the new TP has to be collected, so I will move team out to it via helicopter from 8Coins HQ, which will take a bit of time so plan to meet at 8Coins around 19:30 MA to allow that to happen before we go in the cave.

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Due to some server stability issues, this event is postponed temporarily until further notice. I will try to reschedule it and post here when it feels like a better time to do this, don't want to risk it being an unpleasant experience for anyone. Thanks for your patience.

9. Lee DeLioncourt

BIG BUMP! Please help spread the word to newcomers and very low level players, this trip is back on tonight after being postponed Tuesday! Details of where, when and who in the OP.

10. Dazed Saberlord

Dazed Saberlord New Member

Would love to come along to this , Ill see you at 8coins !

11. Lee DeLioncourt

Thanks Dazed, was lovely to have you join us :) So, we did it, small team, which I actually think is best for now, 6 of us, 4 newcomers, one lovely lady miner who came along to heal, and some helped out in the transport out to the instance as well. I think it went well and all had fun. I get stessed and forget to screw my head on the right direction, so got a bit disorganized at first with which weapons went with which ammo etc lol (too much stuff in storage containers), but thankfully Neil was there to be my calm partner in crime, thanks so much Neil, you were such a great help!

Plans are to do the same again tomorrow evening, hope we can get a few more to try it out :)

12. Lee DeLioncourt

Bump it Up! On again for tonight, see first and second post in the thread for details, and please share the info with newcomers :)

13. Lee DeLioncourt

Last minute bump. Same time, same place, same channel, tonight. See OP for details.

14. Lee DeLioncourt

Friday night run finished, went well and all had fun I think :) Due to RL time demands, I've decided to wrap this up for now with this one, not as many nights in total as I had hoped, but still a good few trips into the underground city for those who had not yet seen it. I hope all had a fun time and enjoyed the learning experience of it all as well.

Big thanks to all who came along and all who helped assist and spread the word a bit as well. Maybe more in future, we will see :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.