1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! Forum Upgrade - Achievements /Awards

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Dylan | Arkadia, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Nadie

Nadie Member

Testing again...

& still there after I checked them all :(

2. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Posting to see how I am doing on forum.

Question: I see that I am a 'level 5', many others are lvl 3 or 4. What does this mean? Am I an Über for onces?! :troll::giggle:

3. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

From what I can tell this is directly related to post count.

4. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

It's bugged ATM — all of them not checked, when you visit it first time.
    So in order to disable them you first need to enable all of them (by setting checkboxes) and after that click each of them once again to disable (by cleaning checkboxes).

And like others already pointed — it's impossible to turn off "brAwards" area.

P.S. Also I can't find how to turn off other people's awards. Like I can do that with signatures in Preferences - "Show people's signatures with their messages".
    Maybe it will be good with redesigned icons in the future, but with current blinking ones it's just annoying IMHO. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Check them all and uncheck them all again to get rid of them (bug, I reported in my post above).

And You don't need to post to check results. That's global settings, just check any of your old posts. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

its the trophy points, at least it looks like its them. :banana:

7. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Apparently the level bar is gone now - hahaha.

8. Nadie

Nadie Member

Ty! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. May

May Active Member

Looks like a fun way to see the achievements: a nice idea, it could stimulate more forum activity in general. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the option to turn the Award icons off, because they're indeed a bit sparkly atm.
    Hopefully the new visuals will be more 'streamlined'.[​IMG]
    As there is a lot of info on the left now. Even if you only post 1 sentence: the size of the post has to stretch very big to accommodate all the bars and stats. Even if there isn't a signature, the space needed is the same.

The Level bar is not visible anymore: is it scrapped for good?
    Which would not be something I would mourn, as it didn't add much and didn't feel positive. :wink:
    Nobody seemed to have 100%, and the lower the percentage, the redder the bar got. (green = good, red = bad?)
    Which instead of 'rewarding for achievement' felt more like: you failed to get the 100% of your level.

And I just noticed that there is now a number for negative ratings showing.
    Has the 'dislike' rating been activated, as in: does it count now? [​IMG]

Btw, the 'Likes' you received seem to be the only thing that counts for the Awards: but what about the other positive ratings?
    E.a. If someone posts about a new bug, and you don't like the bug, but do find the post informative/useful: you rate it as 'informative/useful'.
    Or if someone answers that they also have the same cuddly pet as you have, you like that, and rate it as a 'like'.
    For these two examples: the first would not count, but the second would. That somehow seems a slightly skewed?
    I appreciate the variety in the rating system, since it's not just a like/unlike FB thing.
    And you can express more clearly why. While still have those different ratings included in the Credit system.
    Question: will there be Awards for other positive ratings besides the 'likes' in the future?
    Since I can imagine that a lot of ratings will simply revert to 'likes': in case people might not be happy about receiving different positive ratings, just because they don't 'count'. [​IMG]

All in all it's a veritable smörgåsbord for statistic lovers: Ratings received & given, Trophy Points, Awards, Post count, Credits, Leader Board, Levels and Trophy Bar percentage.
    [​IMG]
    Oops sorry, the short feedback turned into a wall of text.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

not sure if this is the right place to ask but a little indication of Ingame and RL gender has been handy in the past.

Already had 3 people think I'm a female,any more and I may take it personally :kiss:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Lovefall

I still do. :D

12. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Watch it or you'll be in tea/coffee duty for a long time to come :p

13. Lovefall

As long as you're fine with decaff, no problem for me. :)

14. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Decaf?! :confused: That's like drinking non alcoholic beer... :eek:
    Blasphemy! :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lovefall

I agree... and that's exactly what I count on... after a few days (at most) of drinking decaf coffee, he will just have to release me from duty and either do it himself or hire someone else... hahaha

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. wournos

wournos Active Member

I see this as a positive thing. Usually (most) gamers assume that everyone else is male and starts bashing females for playing. At least that's my experience in other online games.

But yeah, it would be nice to have RL & game genders displayed. Not that it should matter what RL gender one has. ;)