1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum changeover from VBulletin to XenForo and on going issues

Discussion in 'About Arkadia Forums' started by Snape, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hi All,

First and foremost, I would like to apologise to all of our loyal PAF members for the forum change still not having happened.

Many, if not all of you by now, know that I have had plans to change the forum OS/engine ever since the hacking issues we had a few months back. After running the two latest security and general updates from VBulletin and having so much of our forum break in the process (I'm sure you've all seen at least some of the scripting errors as well as certain functions disabled etc), I finally reached the end of my tether with it all and decided to make the switch.

However, I have had a number of RL issues in recent weeks/months and, in between business stuff and working nights at the hospital every other week, I have had no proper time to do anything constructive in regards to getting the new forum licence sorted, a test rig set up etc and a test import done to ensure no or at least minimal problems when I do the full conversion.

So, atm I'm just trying to tread water (figuratively speaking) so don't expect anything this side of New Years.
    That said, in case any of you are concerned about my sanity at this time, don't worry, that went years ago! :dribble:

In all seriousness though, as soon as I can get traction on things I will let everyone know as soon as possible and keep you all updated and appraised throughout.

I thank you all for your ongoing support of Planet Arkadia Forum and you patience with me in general.

Lastly, in case I don't get the chance to do a Christmas and New Year message this year, here's hoping you all have a safe and merry time with friends and family and a happy and prosperous new year in 2014!

Yours Sincerely

Snape
    AKA - The Dark Master of PAF :soangry:

P.S - A special request to ALL Perth and Western Australian based Arkadians/Entropians; Please act responsibly and don't do anything silly over the holiday break, I do not wish to see you in my Operating Theatre! ;) :p

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

It has been decided that the proposed change in forum engine software is not going ahead. More info to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.