1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum auctioning two premium Arkadian apartments

Discussion in 'Selling' started by DaughterOfAnarchy, Jul 20, 2016.

1. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

This is pretty much the same sale as in this thred, but since I drastically changed the sale format, I decided to make a new thread.

Apartment one: Sanctuary Cove 8, 2nd floor (top floor, so including the roof which comes with 50 extra item points on top of the default 120).

Apartment two: Valiant Firebase Barrack 12 (single apartment estate, with yard entrance, 130 item points total - 115 indoors, 5 display, 10 additional)

I paid for each of the apartments between 2,000 PED and 2,500 PEDs and I am not aware of any similar apartment being sold for less than 2,000 PED, but, of course, any item is only valuing how much someone else is willing to pay for.

I prefer pure PED offers since I INTEND TO CASH OUT (worth knowing in case of buyout offers) but I will also accept AUDs and CLDs, but count them at (a bit) lower than their normal market value - 50 PED / AUD and 1750 PED / CLD.

So I will make this as simple and clear as possible:

Auction #1 for the Sanctuary Cove apartment:

Highest bid: *** 1,450 PED *** by Heidi Stassinopolis in this post.

SB (starting bid): 0 PED
    Minimum bid increase: 25 PED
    Reserve bid (not selling at lower than this): 0 PED (lowest bid, even if just 25 PEDs, wins it)
    BO (buyout): None set, but might entertain one
    Deadline: July 31st, 20:59 game time
    Sniping time: None, so make sure you make your offer before the deadline
    Private bid offers: Not accepted, but a similar thread will be posted on PCF too, so there may be some colliding posts there too; I will update the thread with the highest bid at least once per day, but it may be wise to check there too; in case of two bids with same value (one posted here, one on PCF), the one which was posted first will be considered
    Private buyout offers: Accepted, feel free to make me an offer I can't refuse and I may accept it

Auction #2 for the Valiant Firebase barrack:

Highest bid: *** 1,510 PED *** by HaKuRa HaKuRa 53i in this post

SB (starting bid): 0 PED
    Minimum bid increase: 25 PED
    Reserve bid (not selling at lower than this): 0 PED (lowest bid, even if just 25 PEDs, wins it)
    BO (buyout): None set, but might entertain one
    Deadline: July 31st, 20:59 game time
    Sniping time: None, so make sure you make your offer before the deadline
    Private bid offers: Not accepted, but a similar thread will be posted on PCF too, so there may be some colliding posts there too; I will update the thread with the highest bid at least once per day, but it may be wise to check there too; in case of two bids with same value (one posted here, one on PCF), the one which was posted first will be considered
    Private buyout offers: Accepted, feel free to make me an offer I can't refuse and I may accept it

Please mention in your bid for what apartment you're bidding.

Once auction winners are decided they will have one week to make the payment arrangements; if they'll fail to do so, the next bidder will be chosen and so on.

Later edit: Just like I wouldn't find it fair for me to pull out of this auction, I don't find it fair if someone makes a bid (which might possible deter other bidders from placing their own bids) and later decided to retract it. Obviously, I can't technically prevent that happening (since forum auctions / bids are not legally binding), but in case someone retracts a previously made bid, I will simply ignore any further attempt to make a new bid at a later time.

I reserve the right to... yada, yada, yada.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. HaKuRa

HaKuRa Active Member

Biding at 1050 for Auction #2 for the Valiant Firebase barrack :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lizzy Storm

Lizzy Storm Active Member

1010ped Sanc Apartment

"I reserve the right to... yada, yada, yada." Please elaborate.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  4. DaughterOfAnarchy

Under normal circumstances it doesn't mean anything, but I just didn't entertained the idea of a binding contract without some fail-safe mechanism (not like any forum sale is actually legally binding in the first place, but still) for certain special cases and I'll give here some examples:
    - someone may try to game the bidding system (ex: player one comes and bid 10 PED on an auction, then player two, friend of player one, comes and make a fake bid of 10,000 PED on the same auction, practically preventing any other bidding, let the auction run its course, declare that he wasn't able to raise the money in the one week he has at his disposal, so according to auction rules the next winner would be the second bidder, so the 10 PED guys) - in such cases I reserve myself the right to ignore an obviously fake bid;
    - someone who is totally new and unknown to community (brand new forum account, no globals on entropia life, etc) makes a very high bid straight away, once again preventing other bids - while I wouldn't necessarily ignore said bid, since it could be a legit one, I reserve myself the right to ask him for some kind of proof that he actually has the resources to make the purchase (ex: a print screen with at least said amount of money on his ped card);
    - while very unlikely, the AUDs or CLDs price may see a major drop or raise in price, under which circumstances I reserve myself the right to change the value of how much I value them (in case someone prefers to make a bid in AUDs/CLDs, not pure PEDs);
    - while very unlikely, there may be a major DNS disruption or something, making both arkadiaforum and planetcalypsoforum go down during the last auction day(s) preventing anyone from keep bidding, in which case I reserve myself the right to extend the auction with a few days.

Then, while I clearly mentioned that anonymous / private bids *ARE NOT ALLOWED* (since I think that everyone has the right to know against whom they're bidding and don't have the doubt that the anonymous / private bidders may not even exist, but I just faked them to inflate the price), anonymous / private buyout offers *ARE ALLOWED* and I don't want to create drama or be forced to reveal the identity of my buyer or the details of the transactions in case I would decide to entertain such a private buyout offer.

Anyway, I didn't had anything special in mind when I add that and since I'm anyway out of the game, apartments no longer carry any value for me, I just want them converted into RL$ as soon as possible, so I have absolutely no intention, reason or motivation to not sell to the highest bidder, whoever he or she will be. Anyway, all I want is to have a fair auction for all participants; sure, I want to get as much $$$ as possible too, but as previously said, an item value is only as high as the higher bidder is willing to pay for it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  5. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

Current highest bids are updated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. HaKuRa

HaKuRa Active Member

Auction #2 for the Valiant Firebase barrack : 1510 -

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  7. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Auction #1 1,250

8. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

One week left!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

Only five days left!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Lizzy Storm

deleted

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  13. DaughterOfAnarchy

\
    _\
    __\
    ___\
    ____\
    _____\
    ______\
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l
    ___l

I got a couple of offers for buyout too, but I declined them; and to better explain it - even with the risk of loosing money, I'll not accept a BO offer of under 2k PED - if it is to go cheaper than that, it will be to the highest public bidder.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lizzy Storm

deleted

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. DaughterOfAnarchy

To be honest I fail to see the reason why retracting your bid for this reason (if they "snipe", they will just have a higher bid, get it anyway and don't affect you; if they don't, how unlikely it may be, well, you were just lucky), but guess it's your call, so I'll update the highest bid accordingly.

About the rule itself, I thought quite a bit about it and I think that's better than the alternatives since someone who wants the apartment could just make their highest bid and forget about it - if they win it, they only paid how much they were willing to anyway; if they don't, they wouldn't have been willing to pay more anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

I request that my first bid be adjusted to 1010ped Sanc Apartment since Lizzy pull her bid which I was bidding higher.

17. DaughterOfAnarchy

Actually the bid which you was bidding over was this one on the PCF thread, not Lizzy's bid.

So please clarify if you either:
    - maintain your bid (in which case you'd still be on lead)
    - retreat your bid (in which case the leader bid would be the PCF guy with 1,200 PED)

As you can see, obviously being in the lead with 1010 is not an option.

Also added to the original post the following common sense "rule": Just like I wouldn't find it fair for me to pull out of this auction, I don't find it fair if someone makes a bid (which might possible deter other bidders from placing their own bids) and later decided to retract it. Obviously, I can't technically prevent that happening (since forum auctions / bids are not legally binding), but in case someone retracts a previously made bid, I will simply ignore any further attempt to make a new bid at a later time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Lizzy Storm

deleted

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. DaughterOfAnarchy

Just to make it clear: ALL THESE WERE IN PLACE WHEN YOU MADE YOUR BID.

Anyway, let's please stop this here. I consider that what you did was not ethical, you probably consider it is, but since there are no rules making a forum auction a legally binding one, it is as it is.

You withdraw your bid, I removed you from the list, now please move on and don't derail my thread further more. Thank you!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Lizzy Storm

deleted

• Disagree Disagree x 1