1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Impressions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by krm398, May 25, 2011.

1. krm398

krm398 Member

Hi all, just took a break from my Arkadia marathon, I got the DL first thing after breakfast here in the US and started playing right away. (probably around 8am) Been on ever since.My first impressions are as follows:

1) great detail, good color and being an old rock hound years ago, I even look at the grains and colors of the rocks and hills. I can safely say, I recognize some of those rock types..lol.(yep I'm a miner)
    2) good looking original animals, was surprised the one on the site I thought would be a big thing to worry about turned out to be one of the smallest (orlo? spelling doesn't count please)
    3)as a miner wanted to see new, original ores and enmatters, found some and their nice well done there...made 4 mining trips starting at 8 points? (whatever) and going north to the middle of the ice fields, and found stuff from 5 pec each to 60 pec each, of course only small hits, it's the first day after all..lol.
    4) wondered about mineral densities, how much stuff was there to actually find especially since I just got there and only have entropia experience to go by...well after 4 trips, my average is about 50% ROI..not bad but it'll get better as I learn where some stuff is on the new world, so I have some idea where to look next time.
    5) only thing I was disappointed in, the Oran..in the storyline their massive numbers and even the smallest carry weapons and some have armor. I scoped a lot of Oran while there today, from level 25 to level 60..even tried shooting one lev 35 with my Cold IR with a eamp14 on it...wont do that again, I hit him with 35-40 a shot he hit me, literally with his hand at 68 points, it didn't turn out well..hehe but he had no weapon no armor and all I saw even at close range with a scope at 6x..saw none they were more like animals not soldiers, my only complaint about the whole time.

My overall impression...had fun... will be going back in after I write this and get something to eat..started today with 1k in probes, and 80ped, stopped after 4 trips with 600 probes and 20 ped, and I bought a new law 101 for little stuff and a set of the new mining gear just to have it..lol.:dribble:

2. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Not been on Arcadia long but what i do notice is a vision, not just a hodgepotch of stuff from already used graphics etc. I think i have found a new home with a PP that seems to care about it's product and with a proffesional outlook from the start.

Well done guys I'm here to stay :)

Dibs

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Agreed. It is well thought out. There seems to be a rhyme for every reason! I went in as soon as it was available. I got a nice mining streak and came out ahead. So I can't complain. ;) The best thing is that it seemed bug free. played for about 3 hours this moring after not sleeping at all. finally it got the better of me and here I am again with only 3 hours of sleep inbetween!! Sucker for punishment!! :)

4. raindrop

raindrop Member

fir first immpresion the panet is very interesting , only one lil complain crafters found new bp's , hunters found new items and about miners nothink ..... make somethink to us the miners also to feel the new trill on Arkadia

5. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

Uh.. I've found several new resources - and I only mined for a little bit..

6. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Looks pretty nice so far, a few m inor bug that already have been mentioned in the bug section of the forum and should be solved with the next update. Need to get used to the mobs and the damage/health they have (low damage high health or the other way around). So far I think I like the Oro (and their bigger brothers)the best, great looking mobs.

The day night cycle is something I need to get used to as well, night seems much longer than on Calypso, think it is an even day and night cycle. (like on a real planet).

i even coma across my first real Arkadia Newbie, which is a good ting, she had no idea what to do, so I pointed here in the right direction.

Overal aa great start of a nice new planet !!

Good job A-team