1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First and second Discovery, first and second nice item in loot!

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by Ardorj, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Unbelievable. Never thought I could be the one to discover something partly nice, let alone two items! Never expected a nice and rare item in the loot either, and that too happened! And not even 45 minutes apart from each other. Incredable ... that's all I can still say really.

It started with a Smuggler Colonel at the Hidden Falls Teleported I think the name is, the one with the bridge. I was using a GeoTrek LP470 Manis (L) with two Damage Enhancers and some amp. I really am not very much into Ranged weapons, I am a Mêlée Hunter most of the time. This Colonel gave me my first discovery and my second rare item, after a Corvus-piece earlier this month.

View attachment 9827

Here's the iteminfo:
    View attachment 9828

Like said, quite shortly after this one a Smuggler Droid MK5 can along with an Internal-Healing-Device. That is my second discovery and third rare item. It's crazy that I get to discover two nice items in one hour of an Event.

View attachment 9829

Iteminfo on this toy:
    View attachment 9830

Because the Manis broke quite soon after that I shooted with my new Piron-10 and got it to tier 1.0 soon enough as well.
    View attachment 9831

I tested the decay on both today ... and that's nothing much to be impressed about.
    Piron-10: 2,6251 Dmg/ PEC
    GYRO Combat Fap-60 Smuggler: 7,7384 Heal/ PEC

For those who want to know if these are for sale: No, they are not. I am keeping them for myself for now, these two things are the best I've ever got in over 9.5 years and I don't think I can ever part with one or both.

Ardorj :D

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Gratz! That's amazing heal/pec on the fap-60 smuggler, for a combat fap, and I think only the second combat smuggler to be discovered.

3. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Gratzies and thank you for sharing with the community ;)

4. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

5. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

that combat version is fast and awesome tool :D big grats

6. The Jetman

The Jetman Member

7. EvilAngel

EvilAngel New User

8. Ardorj

Thanks all. I'm now in the learning period of the Fap-60 Smuggler, wonder when I have it maxed. :D

9. Razial

Razial Adviser Arkadia Adviser

10. Tancred

Tancred Member

Big gratz, nice to see something like this pop up. And I do think that you will come to love this fap, despite the "low" eco.

Since I own the other smuggler combat fap. How do I do to test the decay on it?

According to entropialife, yes, this is only the second one discovered. The first one was a combat fap-22 smuggler, discovered during one of the oratan events. I bought it from the discoverer.

Oh yes, I love my combat fap. The speed is awesome.

The combat-fap 22 smuggler starts at 10. I'm at lvl 16 and have maxed it. So, as far as I can tell, the smuggler fap's follow the same sib trend as the other gyro fap's. I.e. it is maxed 5 levels above the start level. Which would mean your fap is maxed at level 25 (if I interpreted your picture correctly). Which is quite awesome for a fap like this.

In general, I think this is one of the big advantages with the smuggler fap's, they have much lower requirements to use than normal gyro fap's.

/Tancred

11. sholle

sholle Active Member

Gz awesome new items!

12. SrLezarD

SrLezarD Member

13. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Muchos Gratzios, lucky basterd you!
    Healing tool is a very nice, and if I remember correctly; The weapon's eco is low due to the high dmg you can do at it's level compared to other (L) weapons around that level.

14. Ardorj

With a Fruit-test. First you determine the exact TT by placing it in the TT and keep adding fruit/ sweat/ stones till the value has gone up 1 PEC. Everything has a value of at least 0.00001 PEC. Second is to use the item n times, I counted to 10 because I couldn't believe it quite the first time with just one use. Third step you determine again the exact TT and calculate the decay. Then, because the you know Healing-Interval you can calculate the average. Last step is to calculate the Heal/ PEC: Average_Heal / Decay_PEC.
    For the FAP this was:
    1. 40.03 PED + 733 Sweat needed = 40.03267 PED Start_TT
    2. Heal myself 10 times.
    3. 39.37 + 315 Sweat needed = 39.37685 PED End_TT; Decay = 0,65582 PED
    4. Healing between 43.5 and 58.0; Average = 50.75
    5. (50.75*10) / (0,65582 * 100) = 7,7384 Heal/ PEC

And now I just realize that it's highly unlikely to have a decay that doesn't end with a zero after using it 10 times ... might redo the Decay-test.

That makes it even more special! Smuggler Items always stay unique or extremely rare, isn't it?

Since I'm close to level 21 that means that I'll have it maxed in just over 4 levels, I have something to look out for haha! And yes, I was suprized to see that I can use this baby.

Thank you too and others too!
    So that makes it same like the Fap, right? One can use the items at much lower levels then expected, but it comes at a price. Anyhow: I love my FAP-60 Smuggler and like my Piron-10.

15. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Pretty much yes.

16. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Easiest and best way to calculate decay is to put the item into a shop or shopkeeper. It will show you the exact TT value down to 5 decimal places. Fire and measure TT again. The fruit test method also works but it has a lot of calculations and is easy to get wrong.

17. Tancred

Tancred Member

Always good to have a nice goal :D

Thanks, just did the test for combat fap-22 smuggler.

Seems the decay was 4,01 pec for one use, with an average heal of 28 that would mean the eco is 6,98 [heal/pec]. Which is consistent with the eco for a normal (L) gyro combat fap.

/Tancred

18. Fifth

Fifth Member

Gratz!
    It's so cool to loot an ul item.

I like Moonshine's commentary on the fap description page! :)