1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback, miner point of view

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bass, Jun 16, 2011.

1. bass

bass Member

I *want* to stay on Arkadia, for many reasons that are actually out of scope here. But from a miner point of view, things are getting a bit tough.

Everybody is ranting on mob changes, but it's not relevant to me, actually, so let me point out:

1. Ores/enm are not concentrated, you end up having many little stacks to put on auction
    2. Local ores have drastically low MU, everybody cried about lyst, but at least piling up Ks of lyst and selling for 3% was a little but existing margin
    3. Point 1 and 2 combined make local ores worth TT
    4. We started with 250 pages in auction, now we are at 150. That means a lot in abstract terms.

So. If you noticed, I'm not talking about "claim" sizes: here is a matter of market. An example? If I can't find Level 5 amps, I hardly mine; I ores cant be sold on auction, I cycle them in TT; the "chain" is broken in two points, here.

As miner, I can't count on UL weapons, armor pieces, or whatever: I have just the ores, and if they are worth TT or unsellable, I'm done. If "my "ores are not used by crafters (I dont know why), mining is useless.

This is not a rant, just a feedback. Helping newbies is useful in the long period, sure, but since a lot of mid level players came here, we need a market to support them. I hope A-Team is keeping an eye on the market not only from a "balance" POV, but from a "immediate sustainability" POV too.

I like it here, and would be a pity to go back, that's why I'm posting this.

2. sndlwood

sndlwood Member

Your perspective is spoiled by your experience on Calypso. It's only been a few weeks, give things a few years. Economies take time to grow and develop. Obviously, the grass is greener on Calypso. Either you stay and learn to adapt or you leave and go back to a less challenging experience. Why not try to craft with your resources instead of tt'ing them? It's an option. Lower your expectation. Use the amps you can find on auction or hire a runner to pick some up for you. It's all about adapting.

3. bass

bass Member

The "adapt" thing is something (trivial answer, to be honest) I already know, it's not a problem, and I'm not asking HELP to the community. I can use 40 ped and go back and forth a few times, this is NOT the point.

I'm posting because I'm seeing the market shrinking instead of growing, and this alerts me. I'm not looking for advices on how to survive, I'm just pointing things out in my perspective. Just my 2 cents because I *DO CARE*.

4. Ace Flyster

Ace Flyster Member

lol i adapted by going back to calypso

The main reason i see is the severe lack of unlimited bps, but at least they seem to be dropping now

I said from the beginning the economy needs a whole working economy and this was not the case for the first month. So many like myself went over to mine a promised full economy of which is was not!

The harm has been done and i went back to calypso (adapting), it would take a lot to get me back there. So i and maybe a few others are waiting for the economy to grow again, which is should have from day one

Fingers crossed as it would be nice to try out another planet for a much longer period of time

Rgds

Ace

5. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Seems there are many that have went back to Calypso, just to wait until Arkadian economy gets better. Not on this thread only, but overall statements made on this forum lately.

I can understand why. Mining is my main and only profession ingame and I've seen the economy shrinking from what it was. I know what that means from a miners point of view.

If significant amount of players leaves Arkadia, for the same reasons... everyone can see what it does to the economy of Arkadia.

But of all the planets out there, I believe this one really has a chance to be the first new planet that gets its economy running and I'm curious to see what the Treasure Hunting and Arkadia Underground has to offer for a miner. I've decided to stay. My impact on Arkadian economy might not be that significant, but I do what I can :)

What comes to crafters, maybe this new situation where planets have their own planet bound auctions after upcoming VU, may open new opportunities for some players who have thought that they don't have a chance competing with some of the well known crafters ingame.

If most of those well known crafters pack their bags and head back to Calypso, then that might give a chance for someone else here on Arkadia. They won't be filling Arkadian auc.pages with their goods anymore, but You might. Miners still need amps, hunters guns and armor etc. and miners need crafters.

"Yea, but if those well known crafters who knows their trade better than most of us, decide to leave and see no point staying, then why would You?"

For the same reason that some well known miners are leaving, leaves a noob miners like Hyssch a chance to see if I can fill some auc. pages with my ores/enmatters, now that there are less miners around :)

"You can fill few pages on auc. but who's buying any?"

We'll see that soon enough. Next week brings The VU that will change things for good or worse. Month or few after that and we have some guestimate on of the future economic state of Arkadia.

It's only been a few weeks, if it doesn't get better on following months, then I might consider moving back to Calypso, but not making any big decisions yet.

-- Hyssch --

6. Therred

Therred Member

Granted we are going to run into some difficulty adapting to Arkadia and there are going to be some bumps in the road to "balancing" things in Arkadia but the bottom line is that if Dave and A-team arent making the economy on Arkadia viable for sustaining the player base then they are making the biggest of mistakes.

Im not saying that Dave and company arent making this a priority -- I hope they are -- but if not then I suspect this planet is going to lose its orbit and either drift into outer space and freeze or crash violently into the star around which it currently orbits (whats its name?).:shrug:

7. bass

bass Member

I see your points Hyssch, I think you're right, but...

When you'll be out of your amps for 7-10 days... what will you do? Wait forever without playing, hoping in some crafter to join? Go for II and III, o head where economy sustains your gameplay?

I want to stay positive, but if all I mine is TT and I can't count on some MU, I'll have to count on TT returns and globals, and we all know how it works. If I must rely on ignisium or narca to survive, I better head to where I know I can get it (see point 1 of OP).

Big crafters will have no problem in moving from planet to planet, I assume that the travel fee will be something like nowadays' 40PED: to be honest, interplanetary auction is NOT VIABLE even now... a level 5 amp from calypso is charged 47PED, noone would buy it; I dont think that the situation will change a lot...

8. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Like Ace said earlier on this thread, UL Arkadian blueprints are much waited. Maybe we get some eventually, that would help crafters and miners too. A-Team told Arkadian clothes bp's should be available in few months time, who knows what else...

What comes to amps, I've given a few runs with Terra Amp lvl1 bp... maybe we miners just have to use some of the resources by ourselves. Terra Amp lvl1 bp is available from technician and that's not (L) bp. I know, it's not the same thing as mining with higher amps, but not too risky bp for a noob-crafter and I can use what I craft with it.

When I was mining on Calypso I had the Calypsian miners point of view. I just mined and sold all resources found. Maybe I have to change that for the first few months on Arkadia. Crafting Terra Amps if no other amps are available, might be one change to make, to the the way I used to play this game while still on Calypso.

Mining on Calypso always involved some hunting for it was a mob-infested grounds on Eudoria and if I wen't to Amethera, that was mostly PvP and it might've been me who was hunted down :)

Here on Arkadia, I don't have to hunt at all if I don't want to. Less of my peds are going for armor, fap, gun etc. repairs and I can use those peds on mining... where I intended to use them anyway.

TT excavator is more eco than Calypsian one. I can always repaire my 106-finder, so I survive if no higher finders are available on auc. Only other tool that need for mining is amps and Terra Amp bp is not (L) and its a entry level bp, so one doesn't need to be a pro crafter to make a few of them.

Have to admit, smart move would be to follow the peds... go where You can get them easier and to the economy that can sustain better the activities You do ingame.

But I'm a noob, we noobs do dumb moves and decisions time to time, so let this staying on Arkadia be mine :)

-- Hyssch --

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Well if Arkadia is isolated then its going to start developing its own MU very quickly as people start demanding even the so called "tt food" materials for crafting etc. Surely that is then worth sticking around to help develop a fledgeling market?

10. bass

bass Member

Sorry, but why "isolated"? Interplanetary travels will be permitted by ships, or not?

11. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

In my opinion, leaving interplanetary travel in the hands of private individuals is essentially isolating the PP's from the mommy, so to speak. What if all the ship owners decide space travel is too expensive, too risky in PVP, too time consuming, etc?

What if no one travels through space?

Isolation.

12. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Unfortuantely not, the tt materials aren't worth crafting because of the ingredients required by the current blueprints. Isolation or not, the markups on arkadian materials won't rise until there are more blueprints worth crafting.

13. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Oh no doubt, but my point was that once the full range of BP's are available, surely the isolation would then allow for a unique MU for thing here?

14. bass

bass Member

So, in the end, it's a matter of unavailability of BP? I hope A-Team sort it out ASAP, IMVHO Arkadia is in extreme need of resources cycling.