Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nutrageti, Sep 8, 2012.
Just an idea but why not do some races with the new additions to the track instead to hold us over.
@Cyrus thanks for the replies. From your reply I assume all 4 can be considered strategies and hence used by anyone. Is this correct?
Fish face also mentioned another intresting scenario, would be intrested to know if that's a strategy or an exploit.
The event is being run only because of the current situation. There are so many arkoins in people's storage that very few are now dropping. This gives current coin holders something to use them on and hopefully will also get the coins back into circulation so that more people have a chance to loot them.
I have absolutely no objection to that. However, in that case it should be advertised as such and not telling people to "go hoard the coins" when they are barely dropping.
I just dont get why ppl are evne still doing instances honestly i dont feel sorry for you when you say i'm still not getting arkoins after 20 runs. I havn't run a single one yet because i'd rather wait for them to get the bugs out and brokers working first at least. That way you know if you should just TT your arkoins or not. Even this auction is kind of silly because how can we know what they are worth if we dont know what we can buy with them from the brokers. I know A-Team can't even tell us though because obvously thats the whole issue with them and that MA doesn't like what you can buy. I'll be A-team is fighting with MA too beacuse MA wants to basically make it not worth doing instances with what they will let you buy with Arkoins.
loot in the final chests is TT of key + health of mobs killes cost in peds
So if you kill nothing the loot is WAY less
Tested by multiple people including myself
great.. another event for the richies..... bahh.. ill keep my 7 ped arkoins.. but at least a way to get some coins out of storages so we can get them back into loot..
btw my guess is that we will see screenshots of every single item that will be auctioned here including screens of all 3 "tabs" of item info.. (tt values, stats and description)
Moreover, we don't even know for sure if that's the case. All i could find was the post from Chris, who said it might be the case..
And assuming it is so, what about those 900k coins in Cyrus inventory, have they been returned to system yet? If not, why not?
[EDIT] just saw u're talking about "final chests", not "the final chest"
Still disagree - is not "heatlh of mobs killes cost in peds", is more like loot value u'd get from those mobs if regular kills.
Altough cannot explain why, time after time after time, loot in TT is more closer to ammo shot TT, ignoring key value and decay (speaking for lvl 5 and 6 mostly) :huh:
I never saw a "green" run in those instances myself, but do hope they exist
For what its worth, I've run three #1's and one #2 instance, all since the patch, all solo. I've not been particularly happy with the loot but, hey, they're the noob ones. What can you expect? However, while I got no arkoins in the first three I ran, the last one, a #1 done last night/early this morning, did net me a little over 1k coins. Not exactly on topic, but it does verify that the coins are dropping.
How can that be an exploit when you can just buy them instead? It's just a strategy for finding coins, just like buying on auction or trading for them is. No exploits involved.
But a bigger question is how to get coins to drop from instances at all
Probably holding on to them for the Gold Key winner if he decides to sell it for the 1M Arkoins
Ye, what up with that ? I see the BP still did not dropped altough there are plenty of golden comps in AH
As I saw the BP will be L ... would be fun to get a 1 clicker ... keep or sale ? considering the cost of comps as of now prolly goes above 5k/click
This thread is now the place to post your feedback straight to the Dev team regarding or related to the event Gold Rush 2012. All 33 previous posts that were in the "Official" thread have been moved here so as to continue discussion of already raised questions and/or issues.
Feedback is appreciated, however, remember (re-read if you need a reminder) the Forum Rules and keep it civil. Some people are already skirting close to the edge of being Temp Banned even though they may have valid concerns and questions. Remember, you can get your point across without being abusive/swearing/insulting etc. Valid, constructive feedback is and always has been welcome and will be taken notice of.
If you are commenting just to cause trouble and/or drum up controversy for nothing more than troll behaviour, then instead of making work for me and the other mods, we ask that you simply do not post, because your comments will simply be removed. Likewise, do not respond to obvious troll posts as we will be removing those also. You have been warned.
We look forward to a continuing constructive discussion.
Thankyou in advance
First nice call to move this one snape to much OT in the other one.
2nd hmm can it be that we are w8ing for 10 drops of gold? 1 for each lv before the key drops?
K, if Snape turned this into a Feedback thread then I feel an urge to provide mine regarding this whole Gold Rush
In essence, my belief is that A-TEAM should FREEZE this event and instances as well till all aspects are sorted out (brokers, instance loot, bugs ...)
They put a lot of good effort into it but, however, things did not went as planned I fear ... so let me explain why I believe such radical action is required :
1) A-Team is running a BUSINESS. While the term might be unknown to many players who's best source of PEDs is doing the big puppy eyes act on their mum/dad/granny whatever, it does mean A-Team has direct responsability towards its customers (those would be us, the players), while MA is just in a supplier role. To better explain, if the local fishery around the corner does not have one day the fish you want, you won't blame it on the incompetent fishermen that were unable to catch it but on the store owner who - in your eyes - was unable to provide what u were looking for. If this scenario repeats a couple of times you'll surelly find another store to buy your fish from . Pretty much same applies for A-Team's case - their business is not a church to blame everything on God , therefore responsibility belongs to them and is their interest to sort it further on with MA.
2) Loot is WRONG. If this is Treasure Hunting then I fail to see how common robot parts qualify as Treasures in any way. This thing went on long enough already destroying whatever litlle MU those robot parts had before. No one says to fill those chests with treasures every time, but do adjust or create loot according to the theme you're trying to push. Why haven't they introduced something like "Treasure Residue" to be used in TH based crafting ?
3) ARKoins are unusable. Without brokers or a use for them - altough the Forum auction is at least a try to save the day - there's little to no interest to run instances. Add to that their drop rate seems to be rare or very rare
4) Unusable TH materials. Most of the TH resources do not have a use and thus no real demand either. For some reason keys 1-7 use mostly same mats. Rest ? ... a bit is used in Ark tailoring (which turned into TT food as well - the time where fashion was of interest in EU is long gone imho) and the Ankitus and Koroma BPs that use TH mats drop so rare that have no market impact really. I'd think this aspect should be addressed before running a big event.
5) Instaces design. Altough nice design work, there are still issues with them as people said several times on this forum. They take too long to complete. They have no interaction, quiz or strategy requirement - shooting nicely aligned rows of mobs with low agro is not different from mob grinding.
6) Instances loot returns. Those are AWFULL ! Cannot describe how awfull ... something HAS to be wrong there. Consider price to run a mid lvl instance is quite prohibitive (a lvl 6 takes ~350 ped ammo + 120 ped key + ~100 ped decay = ~570 PED) and 99% of the time the return is in the 70-80% range. If that loot would had any MU maybe would be ok for most players, but it currently doesn't. Even so, returns are quite bad, so you should add something of interest to the instances loot - something that would justify the effort and investment to run those instances, otherwise they'll soon join a long row of nice but useless / hardly ever used "features" of EU
That's my feedback - sorry for the wall of text but got carried away On the bright side, A-Team did proved to be the best and more reliable content quality wise PP in EU, so do have high hopes they'll manage to pull it through this time as well, in a very nice manner
This has been answered about 10 times already, those statues are robots, hence you get robot loot from robots........ Not sure why you get robot weapon grips form sword wielding robots but oh well.....
Well i need more times to be repeated because that doesnt make it fine, they are not all statues so? whats with other all mobs, they dont give loot?
rapta, ubo, yarrijak, magurg are animals so may you repeat it 1 million times more and i may believe it
Oh ye of little faith. Has not the A Team thought out well ahead of time everything that has progressed thru its history and growth to what we have today. Dont you think things are already planned out and in the works to use ALL of what is being droped and handed out in these instances? Its not their fault that ceratain aspects are on hold but maybe you all would rather have something released that has an exploitable feature so a few may profit fast and the rest of us suffer until the balance can be restored from that down the road?
Again this dispersal of loot is in control of the guy in an office in Sweden who can not for his life seem to figure out what the word balance means along with the term overcompensation. The history from that department has ALWAYS gone from too little to too much to never enough as their final structure of what they believe is balance for every feature within the Entropia Universe. This Is and will ALWAYS be what will happen to every thing that gets added into EU sadly enough.
That being said I do think a few suggestions that have come up are viable solutions with a few adjustments. Like the distribution of Arkoins. I would say to address that issue maybe a base amount of Arkoins should be established as a garanteed amount each instance and still have the random uber amounts here and there to keep things interesting. Everyone doing an instance is spending decent ped (on level) per instance so I would suggest maybe 3% to 5% of the cost of the key should be garanteed back in Arkoins so that the people like me who are unlucky but still spend the ped to do these can move forward twords a goal as well as the lucky ones. Obviously the ones I do are low as I cannot afford the bigger ones thus I do not expect to get alot of coins in a short time. I do however get frustrated when I have recieved 64 coins TOTAL in the 15 or more now instances I have done when others popped 1k to even 9k coins or more at once. having a set base amount would help massively in my opinion and not effect the market to much more so then the crazy big stacks that are falling.
The only other thing I would say needs work in these instances is the lag. MA needs to open up the pipeline to these instances, and to Arkadia over all. I have since the first VU instances have been added been seeing a very slow load time everywhere now in game. Some times it takes well over 3 full minutes for the avatars at the quarry to load and has taken on ocassion over 5 minutes for all to load.
The only other thing I would say that needs addressing is maybe widen the corridors a bit as when you have more then 2 or 3 players in them avatars get forced up on the walls in the tubes and I have fallen to the bottom of the instance 7 times now due to this issue. Not sure if its a lag issue or if there are holes or whatever but its not fun spending a good portion of an instance NOT playing but trying to get back to the top where the rest of the team is gaining damage points determining their share of returns.
The statues are robots as a reason for robot parts in loot was stated by the A-Team. I am not sure why we don't get more other loot but as for robot parts I agree with A-Team here as the classification of those statues is set as a robot mob. So robot parts make sense as them being dropped. I don't know if all Statues are robots but just know what was stated by the A-Team and it makes sense that there are robot parts in loot.
Separate names with a comma.