1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in love with Arkadian textures

Discussion in 'Tailoring, Coloring & Textures' started by jaywalker, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

(This isn't exactly a sales thread but i will be selling all of these...well, apart from my orange Caraboc sports shirt! so do feel free to make offers. This thread is basically to show off what i can do with my noobish skills :) . Also, yeah this is pretty much a duplicate of a thread i made on PCF. I hesitated to upload all the pics all over again, but it really ought to go on Ark forum, right? )

I like creating things but I never took much interest in texturing before, because you used to need to skill up to level 20 and beyond before anything really interesting was in your reach. And I really have to watch my PED card. Then I saw the new Arkadian textures and thought: hey! These can really liven the old flame pattern shirt! And hey! They are affordable...mostly. And hey!you can do some great things with just level 2, so there's some real encouragement to skill up at last!:yay:

This sports shirt is one of my early experiments (somewhere around level 2) and is the easiest of all, using carabok texture plus orange paint, in varying saturations. I love it and don't intend to part with it! (But if anyone wants something similar...)

[​IMG]

Here are all the textures I have used in this post (not all the textures I can use). Carabok is green as you see, mostly used for creating a "combat jacket" look.

[​IMG]

Yep! Green plus orange makes everything from red to yellow! The pants are textured in Tiarak, which I can craft but not yet apply (I got Kitten to apply it), Tiarak is naturally deep violet, verging on black. Adding orange to that you get a wide range of reds.

Now , here's what I can do with those flame Shirts (and a texturing level still below 6). For the purple one at the top I added blue to Jori Texture on two of the fields and a slight dusting of ostelok on the third field to create a gauzy effect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dark blue was created using Halix texture. I used Arkace texture and a lttle bit of blue on the arms of the Luna shirt... (continued next post)

2. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

And here's that Luna shirt in purple, again using Halix and Arkace. The jeans are textured in natural Tiarak.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oh! And I nearly fogot!. Here's Alaina Bonnie Scotia modelling the dazzling Jori skirt she commissioned me to texture for Miss calyso! (She said that I ought to make a thread )

[​IMG]

And here are two striped shirts , created using Halix and Jori:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Saving next post to add some more things another day

jay :)

3. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Btw, if anybody wants to buy Tiarak texture, here's a link to my tiarak texture sales thread on PCF. I was going to add it to my sig, but can't get it to work :S

4. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

reserved for more pics

5. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Man, am really starting to like those flame shirts ... ;p

jc

6. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

Wow - i love those Jeans with the Luna shirt!!!

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Really nice work, I love the jeans :) When the textures first arrived I put some Tiarak on my heli, but my skills weren't up to trying to use the smaller amount that I did so I really need to redo it at some point, now I want jeans too ;) Really creative ideas you have here, well done!

8. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Arkadian textures for the win XD

9. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Thans for the encouragement, guys :)

Does anybody know how to get rid of the superfluous thumbnail at the bottom of my 2nd post? I've tried editing attachments,but it sems like the only option is to add more of them!

jay :)

10. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I'll have a look when I get up tonight before heading to work. Generally it does that if you haven't placed it inline within the post but I can see that is not the case here. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

11. nirfu

nirfu Member

Just to bad that clothes doesn't sell that good in Arkadia auction. I had to fly my arkadia textured stuff to Calypso. On Calypso I sold the first item within 10 minutes from adding to auction.

12. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

Stuff sells on Arkadia if it would be constantly available - i do believe taking it away from Ark is counterproductive. When the product would be available on Ark only it would attract customers in the mid to long term perspective ;)

13. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Damn nice looking threads girl,
    Don't get a broken heart here though, stay strong. Arkadia could be a tough go with cloths as others have stated, it is a new struggling planet. We are starting to get more population and a better stable economy going so if you hold out and your heart holds out, you may come out ahead in the end ;) Arkadia does have a strong future outlook and all we can do is all hold together and make it as strong as it looks.

14. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

15. nirfu

nirfu Member

Yes some stuff sells. But since auction is maximum 6 days, and it doesn't sell in 6 days it's a loss...
    But I will keep trying and of course offer free Carabok texturing while I skill texturing. (I can do other textures and colors if u provide the material)