1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Area Ideas

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by RexDameon, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Post your Event Area Ideas here:

Here is what i'd like to see.

First of all Events need to be cheeper to run. It's what 45 PED to start one so even at 1 ped per participant you need 45 people. Just not practical for people like me that would like to just do something fun for new players once in a while. Heck if it didn't cost so much i'd be throwing them all the time. Sometimes i'd rather give away some looted newb stuff in an event for fun then TT it.

PVP
    The Ring at Celeste - so we can do pvp fights.
    Bars - a new one not the happy one at Celeste a dark and dirty one I loved when MA put the event terminal at the bars like i asked so you could have bar fights.
    Caves

Creatures
    Oratan Spawns - A really great event mob because there would be a lot of kills and a lot of action, having more people hunting in that one spot would actuall make it so that some others would be able to hunt there (side not simple mission for Oratan make a team of 6 people rescue NPC from middle of Oratan spawn)
    All Current Land Areas - It's kinda silly 8 coins and sanctuary dont have them. and really that would cover a wide range of mobs
    Ostelok, halix, zadul as i mentioned above be nice to be able to give newbies an extra incentive to hunting. So an area for mentors like me that want to just throw an event for his/her disciples.

those are my ideas what are yours?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I used to run a large Battle Series at Zychion Citadel with a buddy of mine. It was a year or so ago, so I'm trying to remember what i liked and disliked about the event system.

1. The events cost too much money to set up (as you said Rex). I spent about 8 - 10 weeks with the Zychion Battle Series, and made marginal profits (few PED every time at the most lol). The last week of the event I didn't even break even, and lost all my profit + a lot more unfortunately. I had to cancel the event series, as I spent ~ 5 hours a week running a website for the event, updating scores, and producing a video for that week's fight.

TL;DR: Initial event fee is too high.

2. More variety/control of the events. It would be nice to have a variety of more options to allow/disallow certain types of weapons, armours and tools (ex. TT weapons & tools only, etc.)

TL;DR: More variety/control of the events you host.

3. More variety of actual event types. It would be fun to have a variety of game modes implemented for events. The base battles were a good addition, but there is huge potential for others (ex. Capture the Flag, etc.)

TL;DR: More variety of actual event types.

This is all I could think of atm, but if I come up with more I'll be sure to post them.

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

*Thread moved as per OP request*

4. ElijahBaley

ElijahBaley Member

Forecoming Arkadia's events and missions could bring out all the potential of the growing community sense that the A-Team's creating (and that's great!), maybe even exiting from the ingame experience, i.e. asking -during the event time- to read or post something on forums or main Ark website (but the organizer should have a tracking system for that, though), or something like "team driven events": imo any player would attend more often to any event.. if he has more chance to win the final prize, and in my mind a team is more suitable to do that than any individual, (and this will also "protect" somehow from the uber players seizing).. after all.. prize is everything, isn't it? :) (not that the prize could be a good sensation of fun and community too!!)

:cowboy: CB :cowboy: