1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entropia Universe Crash to Desk Top issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Salty, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty New Member

Greetings all,
    Have been working on CTD (crash to desktop) issues. Hopefully this will provide some answers for those of you that may be frustrated from this occurring while trying to enjoy the game.

So far the most identified issue is for people running windows 7, 64 bit.

1. Make sure to go into your entropia universe folder and choose your operating system compatibility from the drop down menu. (this may be greyed out and you will need to check the box to be able to change it)
    2. Make sure you have ran "repair" provided from the client loader. Sometimes a fresh install of the game itself will also help.
    3. Entropia platform is ran off an older version of DirectX 9. Your video card may need this to ensure there are no crashing issues.
    a). Shading and shadowing in your options menu from inside the game can be reduced to Low and this will help some clients using older video cards.
    b). Since the platform uses DirectX 9 the 3dmark06 can be obtained for free from the following website, this is a great way to test out your entire system when it comes to gaming http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/legacy download 3dmark06.
    4. I have been able to identify a bug that exists when you leave the game. If you are going to leave entropia DO NOT EXIT right away let the log off 15 seconds take place. When you immediately exit this causes CTD later on especially in the windows 7 operating system.
    5. Once you experience a CTD you should run a repair or clean on your system. I run system check up from iolo technologies and it takes about 5 mins but completely repairs and removes all clutter from your computer, including the bug that causes the operating system CTD. After running this generally I can play any instance or graphically intense area without ever crashing, 8+ hours no problem. However if I do not do this I can run an aakas instance, kill proteron at fort troy or Yuka at taipan digsite and literally CTD every 3-10 mins.

I will update the post as necessary, I hope this helps some of you.

Cheers,
    Salty

entropialife.com

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Great info for those who have problems!

I myself don't have many problems with CTD, mostly with lag. I have been told there are some issues with connections to the Netherlands, but it doesn't seem the only country. What I personally use for lag, and keep telling people to at least give it a try, is the Leatrix Latency Fix.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Some people say it doesn't fix any issues, and other say it works like a charm.

3. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

great stuff! also clearing shaders from the tools in the loader helps many