1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entropia Tools

Discussion in 'Tools & Utilities' started by rick_janson, Jul 6, 2012.

1. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

It'll never be the full suite (obviously), but there are a couple of things I could try to put in... Would have rename it, though...

Also: when servers are back up and I have time for testing, I'll be updating both utilities with the new auction fees.

2. rick_janson

Auction fees don't appear to have taken effect, so I haven't updated that yet.

Update: Version 2.2: I've added a repair tool that will restore all files. Just run Repair.exe and it will download the package and extract it. I will probably do something like that for the updater, as well. Just haven't gotten it worked out yet.

And, it's taken a week of planning and confirming, but all the executables are now signed and Windows will no longer say the files are from an unknown source. Instead it will show "TheScripters" (my business name).

3. rick_janson

Update: 2.2.1

Improved the update process, primarily. A couple other minor fixes here and there, but nothing worth mentioning. There is an "installer" that I created using WinRAR, should be sufficient, lets you extract everything where you want it. Also used WinRAR SFX modules for the updater and repair tool.

4. rick_janson

Update: I know it has some updating issues... I haven't had much opportunity lately to do much about it. As I've been unemployed, I had plenty of time to mess with it. But that's changed starting today. (Thankfully)

So for now, just be sure to choose "No" when it asks if you want to update.

5. rick_janson

With this last update, it was stated that the new auction fees are effective, could anyone confirm that auction fees are different than calculated in Entropia Tools?

6. rick_janson

If anyone is interested, I wrote Entropia Tools as a DLL library that can be used in your own application development. I've updated it for what I think the new auction fees are. I've tested it on a deed, but haven't been able to confirm on anything else.

Any interest?

7. rick_janson

Well, no interest, no feedback, no comments, no questions. Guess no more updates... I have very little time, so unless there's some sort of interest in it, I'm going to discontinue development. I thought people would find it useful, obviously I was wrong (again).

Yes, I have had a couple of people say it's great. Not enough to justify the time I spent on it. Or could spend on it. Same goes for the other project.