1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco BLP pistol - for new guys ?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by CodeStar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. CodeStar

CodeStar New Member

Hi there , I was wondering if anyone knew what the best eco blp pistol is:huh:. I will mainly use it for carabok so it doesnt need to do lots of damage just low ammo burn and ofc good durability.

2. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Have you looked at the Herman ASI-TT R from the Trade Terminal?

3. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

this is probably your bet option!

4. CodeStar

CodeStar New Member

Thanks for your help :D just bought one. - was wondering also which is better blp or laser pistol for eco in the long run :rolleyes:

5. Magnus Mag

Magnus Mag Member

hi there...
    as a general rule laser is more eco while blp offers more dmg/sec...

in the long run, i think good all around skills are helpful. if you stick to L weapns it is always good to have several options...market changes and prices vary all the time so wouldn't it be nice to chose the laser weapon which drastically dropped in mu (for example because of hunting event and all looting this weapon)? perhaps the next week this or that blp weapon becomes really cheap?..or the next week you could get mindforce chips from a socmate for tt?

i hope you understand what i mean...

another thing, eco is not all about the weapon you use, it is also what you chose to do with your weapon..it is better to use 106% input and get 130% mu in return than using 101% input and getting 105% mu return...
    the same with defense costs..blp is less eco but more dps, so perhaps it is cheaper to use the more dps to kill the mob faster which reduces defense costs..?

all difficult considerations...in the end you have to try things and look what works and what not...

i would also adivise you to become familiar with www.entropedia.info .. for your questions especially http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon .. alot of good tools and information which will help you alot

i hope this helps

good luck

6. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

This is all very true.

In general, I find the laser options to be better in the early run, blp in the mid level, then in the end it's a personal choice/whatever is cheaper/available in the end. (This is just my opinion of course).

Personally, I started with laser, went to blp and loved it a lot more, but now I'm back to laser. That being said, the blp amps are considered to be better for their higher tt and more dmg output, but the laser amps are more eco. The playing field has changed quite a bit with the new series of adj/mod/imp amps though.

But yeah, I say start with whatever is most readily available at the best cost and then work your way up. I think you will hit points in your EU lifetime where you might have to switch over from blp to laser or vice versa due to what guns are available for you to buy and use at that time.

Best of luck!

(btw, BLP > Laser if I had to choose because DPS>eco in my books. People have different views on this of course...)

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

For skilling up from zero, people usually say laser is better because you can use the UL A101-106 amps which gives you more of a "ladder". For BLP, the only good UL amps are beast and dante and those are for somewhat larger weapons. However, the Ark hotfoot and rage series of amps are very good eco (at normal MUs) and great options if you want higher damage than the A10x can provide and still get decent eco. There are other considerations too, for instance ark blp rifles can really help you reduce armor decay on slow mobs, especially if you use the proper rage amp. So... to sum up, they are both workable solutions, but each has benefits and drawbacks and it helps to know the qualities of each so you can find what fits your style best.

Focusing on only one will help you unlock the hidden skills faster, which improves your overall skilling of the other if you should decide to switch. Skilling up everything at once gives you more flexibility to use any weapon that becomes available. So it's really just a matter of personal preference. Do you want to skill up a bit quicker or do you want flexibility to use any weapon that suits the mob best?

I would decide if you want flexibility or skilling speed then start with the appropriate guns from the TT and move up the ark gun ladder when you have the next gun at least 70% maxed.

8. CodeStar

CodeStar New Member

Thanks again guys for your help :hail:

9. wournos

wournos Active Member

I have the Herman ASI-TT R and Herman LAW-TT R. One is BLP gun and the other is a Cell rifle. I use one until I run out of ammo then switch to the other. I swunt Caraboks (and sometimes Gallard) so I get most of my ammo from drops.
    I should also mention I have a pair of E-knuckles obtained from Calypso that I use as finishers.

I can't say if this is very eco but currently I'm only paying for repairs on E-knuckles.

...and I'm a newb, so yeah.;)

10. MXC

MXC Member

E-knuckles are pretty uneco, if you wanna use a finisher get a sollomate rubio/azuro, or get the TT powerfist from cyrene, the S.I. Psy-blade

11. Norm

Norm Member

As a bit of a sidenote to your original question:

There is pretty good eco in the Mindforce chips nowadays. On Arkadia, the mid-to higher level chips are not always readily available, but the lower level ones are usually pretty easy to find. I like the graphics and the different sound of hunting with them. When I started out, the Mindforce chips were not very eco, so I used laser, then switched to BLP to get higher DPS. However, once they introduced Nanochips, the eco greatly improved and I switched. Now I tend to enjoy hunting more with them than I did with either BLP or laser. It's just my personal preference, of course.

However, the Lacerating Attack Nanochip I (L) does slightly more damage per second than the Herman ASI-TT R, yet even at a markup of 127% (7ped for 5.5ped chip) is still more eco.

Just another option to consider.

12. Stormdancer

Stormdancer Member

Hahah....CodeStar you got an earful, and every bit of it from perspectives I believe are worth every bit of the time it will take you to learn more about the details of each one.

AFAIK the Herman ASI TT-R is THE most eco starter blp pistol in game and you have it right there in the Arkadian tt terminals. Arkadia excels at BLP gear of all kinds so if you were born on Ark and intend to "live" there BLP might be a good choice in general. You will be supporting the economy you need yourself, and supporting crafters and miners alike if you spend ped "at home".

Soon you will be on to the topics of Armor, plates, decay, overkill, regen, finishers, tiering and enhancers.....

Time enough for all that later :)

Keep digging, keep asking, keep learning!

13. Neil

I would hesitate to call ASI-TTR "eco" for carabok as it's damage per pec is 2.78 when maxed and at 5 max damage it does a fair amount of overkill on Carabok. It is better than something like an opalo ofc but you'll get at least 10% less loot than someone using a weapon that does 3 max damage. PBP-2 L would be better damage per pec and higher dps though the availability might be limited. Unfortunately Ark doesn't yet have any low damage weapons specifically tailored to puny mobs (4 dmg and below) (and there aren't a lot of good choices for lower damage BLP from other planets either), but hopefully we'll see some in future.

On Carabok, I would say that overkill is the major factor in determining whether a weapon is "eco" or not.

14. wournos

wournos Active Member

If a Carabok has 10HP does it mean it will need 10 Dmg to be killed?
    Normally I need 2 shots and 1 hit with En-Knuckles to kill one - unless I miss, or if I manage a critical hit.

15. Neil

Yes, you will need to do at least 10 dmg to kill the carabok. If it regenerates while you're killing it (they regenerate fast) then you'll need more. Any damage you do over what's needed to kill the mob is wasted peds. This "overkill" damage you do is not returned in your loot. If your weapon is too big, you can easily do 25% or more overkill on carabok.

You can test the economy of your setup by recording exactly how many shots or how much knife decay you use to kill 200 mobs. Record the exact TT value of your weapon before starting and after finishing (to be precise you can use the fruit/ammo test), then calculate how much ammo that equates to. Total cost is ammo plus weapon, plus fap/armor costs.

16. wournos

wournos Active Member

Thanks for the info. I have an excel sheet with various data but I never went in depth on decay. I just took note of the repair price those days.