1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting Dynamic predetors vs Static grazers

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Expo, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Expo

Expo New Member

In the Entropia Universe all of the mobs are static and can be found at certain location weather they are grazers or predators.
    This idea holds that grazers and some group based predators form the mobs that can be located and hunted in certain areas as is.

The suggestion I'd like to make is to introduce stalking predators.
    These stalking predators may be a large hunter or group of smaller hunters that are randomly generated around certain mobs and in certain areas. These predators would be unpredictable and cannot be found by searching as they are the ones that find and hunt avatars.

An idea for this would be a random chance that a stalking predator spawns in the area that an avatar is hunting or mining. This chance would increase as more time is spent in any particular area. When a stalking predator shows up in an area but has not started hunting the avatar an orange light should appear below the radar along with the other warning lights. This could be an explanation mark. It's then up to the player to determine which red dot on radar is this predator in order to evade it. :dark: If the avatar stays in the area to long the stalking predator would then start to chase them. At this point the warning light would turn red and the avatar would have to fight or flee with this predator in hot pursuit. The aggression of any stalking hunter would be determined by time spent in an area as well as close proximity.

The story line for the stalking predators would be that it's the natural eco sytem at work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hmm.. Interesting idea... I could see this working in the future.. Not sure how a lot of other players would react to it, though.. You would still need some kind of "safe" area where the creature wouldn't spawn (for example, immediately outside of Firebase Academies or around Celeste Quarry out to a certain distance).. Especially for the new players...

Good idea, though, I think... :)

3. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

personally I dont like this on bit, one of the reasons I spend most of my time on Arkadia is because here you can actually hunt one specific mob or mine without the need to do hunting at the same time. (unless you choose to mine within a spawn, as I do sometimes)

Calypso you need to hunt when you mine in almost all places, and if you want to hunt a mob there is usually no good clean spawns to be found anywhere, all the spawns are mixed and now since the missions came the maturity of the mission mobs in LA's is the same as outside so no reason to do any taxed hunting + several of my old good mining LAs over there got mobs now since missions too

If something like this would happen I dont know what to do really...
    And why should all planets be the same, if you want ninja spawns just go to Calypso they have it everywhere, at least last time I mined there I had loads of mobs spawn on me for no reason no hunter even close to have killed a mob that randomly chose to spawn on me.

Keep Arkadia miner and hunter friendly please!

4. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

as i understand it it´s not an A-Team thing but a wish to MA as they are responsible for mob AI. and as i heard(no big hunter here), mobs are really stupid out there. so best would be to adress this to mindark and they should have to improve the mobs behavior ALOT. :)

regards,
    hideo

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Interesting idea... if the oratan appeared randomly it would fit in wonderfully with our storyline. And it would definitely reduce some of the monotony during the IFN mission, lol :)

If it happened too frequently though, it would just get annoying.

6. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I agree.. would be great.. as long as it wasn't overdone.. Which MA seems to love doing... :p