1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download full Arkadia content

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Teiwaz, May 23, 2011.

1. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Just a little heads up.
    If, like me, you do not download all Dynamic Content, you might want to select some to download.
    I had 'Space' unticked. Probably same will be with Arkadia tomorrow.

In 'Client Loader' go to 'Tools->Dynamic Content' and tick it after update goes live.

Not sure what happens when travel to planet with not fully downloaded Dynamic Content, maybe it download automagically when travel there, but better to have it fully ;)

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Good call Teiwaz, i "discovered" this myself today too. Doing this forces EU to download every bit of content before you login otherwise it will do it whilst you are in and can cause lag (as i've discovered before). Not sure what would happen when you try to TP to a planet you haven't downloaded but i would surmise its something similar to the Caly loading screen when you first login. if you have only downloaded the latest patch and not the content it downloads it whilst at the loading screen before you spawn in.....at least that has been my experience the last few times I've logged in after updates or content releases.

3. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

To answer some questions. If you TP to a planet and its not fully downloaded you will be stuck at the loading screen untill it has finished downloading. O and no need to download everything of every planet you will nether visit just open your map , select the planet and make sure its set to pause and it wont download. My RT is a few hundred meg out of date already so it does work.

4. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Yep you can uncheck it in 'Tools->Dynamic Content' also.
    Opted out from downloading RT, NI, Greece and Hell and it saves over 1,5GB.