1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T register for the Free Carabok/Gallard Event on 15 June

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Medeina, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

Refunds for Free Carabok/Gallard Event on 15 June

I goofed up good setting it up. Didn't check or change the entry fee, and it's stuck at the default 10 peds/ticket. Supposed to be free entry. Am trying to get it sorted. If you do sign up and pay, I'll give full refunds.

11 June Update: I'll keep the event running normally. It's open to everyone and all entries will be refunded.

2. Medeina

Medeina Member

Friendly reminder that my error is still there. Word was sent to the powers that be, and am waiting to see if anything can be done.

3. Medeina

Medeina Member

No changes. Not really expecting any, but who knows.

Anyway, I've set up another event starting two hours later on Sunday, at 20:00 to kind of make up for things. Of course, being amnesic/mindless/random/not-paying-enough-attention, I left the win rules at Most Votes. /facepalm

But it's free. And there's prizes. Will get people together in what will end up being a popularity contest. Might be fun. Maybe. Possibly. I hope. Then I can disappear to a dark hole somewhere and wallow in embarrassment for not setting up correctly two events in a row.

4. May

May Active Member

Hi, I saw that more people signed up for the first event of June 15th.
    Can you still sign up, and get the entry fee returned?
    Or was that only for the people who signed up by mistake, before the OP was posted?
    And you prefer nobody else joins?

I wanted to bring a starter for her first event.
    Or should I wait for the next new event, which has all settings as intended? View attachment 9565

5. Medeina

Medeina Member

Hi May,

It's open for everyone and I'll be happy to see more people. Can't have it too easy to win goodies. ;) My original plan was to abort soon as it started if MA did nothing and there were only one or two entries, but since five people have already signed up I'll keep it going. And, yes, of course, I'll refund the entry fee.

There's also the second event if you're interested. I was kind of freaked out yesterday for leaving it with Most Votes. After sleeping on it, I figure it might not be so bad. It'll either be fun and interesting and different, or Murphy's Law will kick me hard in sensitive places. At the very least I'll see exactly how it works and what participants do. I've never seen or heard of a Most Vote event in action.

If my brain cooperates for future events, they'll be properly set! Time to kick out the excess voices and do some focus training.

6. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

So to game the most votes event is to get a bunch of friends to join and vote for you?

LOL

7. Medeina

Medeina Member

That's one way to win. Or people might offer to pay for votes. Or perhaps team up with two-three other people and split the prizes. It's an unusual option to have available for these events. I'm hoping people won't get too crazy trying to game the system and simply come out for a hunt and socializing.

8. May

May Active Member

Thanks for the quick answer.
    And any events created (especially for starters) are appreciated. View attachment 9569
    Third time is a charm, right?

9. Medeina

Medeina Member

Indeed. And the next event I'm planning will fall on the Canada Day long weekend, so I'll need to think of something to make it bigger. I know there's some Arkadian residents that can trace their ancestors back to that wintry slab of land north of the 49th parallel.