1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you full clear or skip as many mobs as possible? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Instances' started by Uncle Mo, May 30, 2013.

1. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I'm afraid noting is going to change. Ark team and MA have known for over half a year of these returns, my best guess is that the tt returns are intentional since there is a chance of markup in the instances.

2. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Well tt return is beside the point atm, what is the problem is that clearly cheating is happening which is allowing a certain ava "who shall not be named" to run keys I am guessing for tt cost of the key only and looting multiple codex chambers.

I would like for a-team to investigate urgently, and lock this ava and all trades related to him/her if found guilty.

PS in Nemi+adj5b, 158 hp, 29 evader, 53 hit, 52 dmg with 60+ dps weapon I have trouble killing the key 10 boss, there is no way that someone with grunt armor and prob enough skills for 30-40 dps weapon can kill this beast. The wardens at 2k hp each and dmg to match are no slouch either.

3. Uncle Mo

Uncle Mo Active Member

Simply remove the team requirement. I have no idea why it's in place to begin with.

4. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Member

Once inside you can drop the team and go individual. Looting mobs (when applied) should not be a problem. Yet I also see no reason for the team requirement to enter the instances.

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Team requirement is a feature of the implementation of instances across EU. MA would need to remove it for all, or allow it as a specifiable attribute for each instance.

6. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Hmm feffox caves as well as mayhem didn't require you to be part of a team and they were both instances too.

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Good point Mordrell. I guess they made a change to design since the Aakas instances were implemented.

8. Artrat

Artrat Member

I think RT has some solo instances as well. My guess is that an instance can probably set for solo OR team, but not both. Hopefully something MA will fix in future.

Bumping this for a dev comment! :)

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

This was already answered by one of the A-team, though I can't find the post atm. The reason we have team instances are: 1) so we can use teams and 2) security issues. If you recall, during the feffox event they had to ask people not to bring along fappers into their "solo" instance. I'm not sure how they do it, but there is apparently a way to get in to other people's instances. My guess is that you would not want someone to use this exploit and pop into your golden key run and start killing your mobs....

Besides, instances are most fun when run as teams, so you wouldn't want to disable teams altogether.

10. Frigid

Frigid Member

Most fun? Based on what data? ;) I like going alone, at my own pace, when I want to. Waiting for a partner can be worse than than doing one alone. I did my first solo key4 the other night(and thanks for the key, Neil :)), it was a grind, but I did it. I went overkill on armor, but now i know (WTB (F) GREMLIN SET!

As long as teams don't hurt solo players, then it's all good. I think the team is *really* just a way so that the key user can decide who can and who cannot come inside with them. If they key user wants to go solo, good luck to them. TT returns may be low, but we are all gambling for those higher MU items, right?

11. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Just for curiosity, when you guys calculate your TT returns, do you factor in the MU you pay on the keys or do you use just raw tt values?

12. Artrat

Artrat Member

Raw TT in vs TT out in my case. I also track total costs vs total returns, which is showing a better return (85% iirc), due to the arkoin markup and a couple of nice items. I still do not consider 85% MU return acceptable though.

I ran 10 key 10's last week. This week I have run none.

13. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

Deliberately using a bug in the instances in order to bypass any locked doors is considered an exploit. If by accident you find a bug that allows you to bypass a locked door you should report it immediately so that it can be fixed.

Just encase there might be any confusions about this post due to the thread title. You are allowed to skip over a lot of mobs in the instance as long as you kill the amounts needed to open all locked doors and do not bypass any locked doors.

Regards,
    Chris

14. Artrat

Artrat Member

Thanks Chris, appreciate the response.

Any chance you could comment on the strange looting behaviour in the instances? i.e. the almost constant 70% return, very little variation in global sizes etc.

I realise it's probably a platform issue though.

15. Frigid

Frigid Member

After reading this thread, I *tried* to skip mobs, but I haven't found many rooms that I can skip, but it's a # of mobs issue, you say?
    I will check.

Not looking for any "cheats", mind you, just efficiency. If i can do two keys a night as opposed to one, yay for me.

Not as young as i used to be. Need sleep.

16. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

I believe I figured out the exploit or at least a method to give similar results.

Support case 258752 submitted. Should be a pretty simple fix, not really sure why the change was made that made it possible.

17. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Probably better (and quicker) just to PM Chris with it or PM me and I'll copy and paste it to Chris in Skype.

18. Artrat

Artrat Member

I'm not sure, if there is any exploit involved. I just ran a key 1 in 15 mins doing less than 5000 points of damage. By my estimation, it's possible to run past 75%+ of the mobs.

And the return is indeed much better, so I'll be doing that untill I hear otherwise from the developers.

19. Frigid

Frigid Member

It seems I do most of my damage on the bosses anyway, and you HAVE to clear them. I guess i just need to find the right number of mobs to trigger the doors....or perhaps it is a specific mob.

Do you "drag" mobs and just let them get hung-up on walls and doorways? It seems many should not be able to navigate stairs...

20. Artrat

Artrat Member

I just run until I get to a door that won't open, then I turn around and shoot until it does. As far as I can tell, there is only 1 room where you have to kill all the mobs, and maybe 4 or 5 where you have to kill ~50%, all others can be run past.

It may be different for different keys of course.